New to PP

Hello, everyone... I'm fairly new to the board and obviously I'll be a first-timer to PP this year as well. Based on all the positive comments of previous shows so far I'm sure it will be a great time. I look forward to ramping up the excitement with all of you over the next 80 to 81 days (yeah, I'm hopeful that an extra pre-party ticket can be found before September...)

Thorn23TX said:
Hello, everyone... I'm fairly new to the board and obviously I'll be a first-timer to PP this year as well. Based on all the positive comments of previous shows so far I'm sure it will be a great time. I look forward to ramping up the excitement with all of you over the next 80 to 81 days (yeah, I'm hopeful that an extra pre-party ticket can be found before September...)
Welcome! You will have a blast!!

Thorn23TX said:

This is my first year as well. I can't wait.
I'm also from the Dallas area:Smokin:

Don't forget to bring more cash for drinking than you might normally. All of the bartenders in the venue are very friendly, fun, and hustle pretty good. They're definitely worth tipping generously.

Hoooray another newbie. Welcome to the Progpower family :), although it seems you are not a complete stranger. Progpower is the greatest metal on the planet. This year's lineup is a perfect testament to just that (EVERGREY). It's also one of the greatest social gatherings you could ever imagine. You're going to have the time of your life. Addiction? It's unavoidable, haha. We don't have much longer to go, now! Cheers!!

Hey, nice to "meet you" Broken Spirit and Tess! Good to know that Texas is being properly represented in ATL. I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as humanly possible.

PowerFreak said:
What's that make now? 3 of us? 4 if Mitch comes out?

Zilla

Add another attendee from Arizona. Travelling to Atlanta will be a momentous occasion:

First trip to ProgPower :headbang:

...and first trip on our former hometown airline since the (sub)merger. :puke:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Progpower forum and to forums as a whole. My name is Jonathan I am 20 and work as a paramedic. I enjoy and draw inspiration from several types of music. I really think all the bands playing this year are great. It will be a dream come true for me to see Evergrey play a full set with choir and strings like the dvd. In my free time (not much) I play guitar but most of the music i make is not cd quality because of the backing tracks and drum machines. I have some decent recording equipment so if anyone on this forum wants to contribute some vocals,drums,bass, or anything else to my songs or cover songs (it doesn't matter) It would be greatly appreciated. Oh by the way I derived the name Agonal from agonal respirations which was taught through my paramedic training. We mostly call them dying respirations because of the irregular breathing rate, apnea, strange sounds, and are normally the last breaths before death. Anyway its really strange to expeirence and made an impact on my life so I decided to call my band Agonal. What is more metal than that? lol Just curious, is anyone else on this forum in the medical field? Well I guess I've typed enough for several threads sorry. My hope is to meet some of you at progpower and make new friends.

:wave:

ConnieOH said:
Going back to this again, we can bring purses in can't we?

You CAN, but remember it's a 6-8 hour show, so unless you have seats, you're going to be holding it, and the PP bag they give you at the entrance the first night. Best bet is to bring pants with a wallet, also:

AND PEOPLE, BE AWARE, THERE *ARE* PICKPOCKETS THAT WORK THE CROWD. This is a sad reality, so keep your wallet in a tight front pocket, and check it every so often. These jerks take anything, even sharpies. I'd not recomend a purse.

Agonal said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Progpower forum and to forums as a whole. My name is Jonathan I am 20 and work as a paramedic. I enjoy and draw inspiration from several types of music.

Welcome to the festival!

Just curious, is anyone else on this forum in the medical field?

Strangely enough, I think you'll find that the festival's founder is.

My hope is to meet some of you at progpower and make new friends.
:wave:

That won't be a problem as long as you talk to people; we're all pretty friendly. Just look for me; I'll be the ugly chap. :)