---> new to the forum? introduce yourself here <---

Hi, my name if richard, i'm from los angeles, CA and i'm 18 yrs. old. I have been a melodeath fan ever since i heard Arch enemy's burning bridges album and DT is my favorite band next to Iron Maiden:Smug:I like video games and you can find me over at gamespot forums (look for the same sig) :headbang: and i currently attend college.

I've been a fan since I heard the opening notes of "Punish My Heaven" back in 1996/1997 when I was a mere 13 or 14. I hold down a full and part time job (living in NYC, college loans, and a Bachelor's in history = being broke) and I'm a revolutionary Marxist. I maintain a political blog: http://prisonerofstarvation.blogspot.com

My other favorite musicians are: the Circled Ruins, Arcturus, Ulver, At the Gates, (old) Opeth, Old In Flames, old Satyricon, Klimt 1918, old Old Man's Child, Agalloch, some Amorphis, Emperor, Ihsahn, Peccatum, late Dissection, Fear Factory, Thorns of the Carrion, From the Depths, later Hypocrisy, old Metallica, early Sepultura, Slipknot, old Offspring, Dead Kennedys, Weezer, some Green Day, the Pogues, some NOFX, Eternity Void, old Cryptopsy, some Bal-Saggoth, Agiel, Papoose, the Game, Bishop Lamont, Big L, Lupe Fiasco, Joe Budden, and Rhymefest.

Oh almost forgot: I've been playing guitar since I was 13 as well. I'm pretty good but not much of a song writer.

Welcome kingcarcas and anita.

@anita: Good taste in music as far as Im concerned, but it seems theres quite some "old" and "early". What about new Satyricon? I think its great. Id rather skip that revolutionary marxist part.

Welcome kingcarcas and anita.

@anita: Good taste in music as far as Im concerned, but it seems theres quite some "old" and "early". What about new Satyricon? I think its great. Id rather skip that revolutionary marxist part.

You can skip whatever you want.

The new Satyricon to me is OK. Volcano was decent but fairly repetitive and too simplistic. I don't mind them doing catchier riffs but I think it's come at the expense of the longer, more complex melodies like on Nemesis Divina.

Hi. I'm new. My name is Alejandro and i hail from a desert-ish plain in which a city was founded in 1542, in Mexico, where i was raised by my humans after that not-so-horrible accident in which my head and the floor met at a rather average speed. I'm 22 years old, but I'm told I'd be better off if I was precocious and I'm pretty sure it means I won't be able to get any woman in bed. Hence the source of my interest for all things dark and gloomy, including american politics and german. Most of all, though, i'm an avid music listener, and my favorite bands include the likes of Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Opeth, In Flames, At the Gates, and pretty much everything else it will be really easy for you to make fun of until i run away in anger and mailbomb the moderators' e-mail addresses with vodoo enchantments and pewr writing skills. I play the tambourine, mostly at night and in crowded areas, and I'm here to meet fellow tambourinees, although I'm not sure that's what I mean. I also intend to flirt shamelessly with each and every user who might loosely resemble a girl or a pony (or both), until one of them will contact me via MSN, at which point i will claim that we're engaged and that I am the incarnation of Odin the God of wisdom, war, battle, death magic, poetry, prophecy, victory and the hunt. I can speak spanish, three-point-five words of german and swedish, and that thing where you use numbers instead of letters and acronyms instead of words even if words are shorter than the corresponding acronyms, which i will from now on shorten in LEETSPEAK.

Even though your username reminds me of the tons of spam I get every day, your grammar and spelling are significantly better. I may even go as far as saying that the level of eloquence and wittily inserted humour are likely to make rahvin spontanously ejaculate. And he's picky. Very picky.

Well I just copy-pasted some text which was in the opening post of this thread and modified a few things.

:puke: <-- That seriously looks like someone vomiting out sand.

Hi and welcome to all the new ones since my last post.

Old Man's Child the band. Old Old Man's Child means their early work. Got it?

So, if I happened to like their recent work, I could call myself a fan of "Young Old Man's Child"? :p

-Villain (whose witty humor is almost sharper than his fingernails)

Hellouz, I'm from Croatia, love DT, seen them once, great show but quite short, on tour with Kreator!
See people here are good and comunicative, i like that!
Cheers everyone.