---> new to the forum? introduce yourself here <---

I like you, but I have no resemblance to a pony. Or a girl. I am, however, one of the two (won't say which). How will we deal with this?

Well obviously If I searched for your username, e-mail and IM logins in the Ponylove forum, which is the ultimate stop for all things pony, I wouldn't have much success because you could easily have created a totally fresh account only for this forum.

However, If you are a pony, you are quite a smart one: Most ponies I've dated are all sex and no talk you know? Funny at first but then you start longing for something more.

Since you are either a suitable-for-flirting pony, or a girl, I guess you aprove, that means it is my civic duty to shamelessly flirt with you.

If you want, of course, we can skip the flirting and go straight for the action, I like it pony style.

Hello, My name is Charles. :)
Three main things:

Musician
Philosopher
Poet

I'm from Sarasota, Florida in the US. I'm a non religious Satanist, I practice Occultism, and follow my own set of believes I call Cosmic Philosophy.

I listen to mostly metal, but that does not mean that I don't like(and enjoy in large amounts) other genres.
Some of my favourite metal bands in no particular order are:
Dark Tranquillity(of course, right?)
Ulver
Burzum
Beherit
Dissection
At The Gates
Thy Serpent
Septic Flesh
Sentenced
The Black League
Samael
Ancient Wisdom
Nokturnal Mortem
Vintersorg
Wintersun
Nortt
Carpathian Forest
Hypocrisy
Sunn O)))
In Flames(I like some of the new stuff, but needless to say, I prefer older In Flames)
Children Of Bodom(preferably older, including Inearthed)

Non-metal in no particular order:
Depeche Mode
Pink Floyd
Infected Mushroom
The Doors
Kraftwerk
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Allman Brothers Band
Crosby,Stills, Nash, and Young
America
Mr. Bungle
Jewel
The Killers
Eiffel 65
Neil Young(& Crazy Horse)
The Offspring
Ottmar Liebert
Portishead
Rob Zombie(& White Zombie, though it's debatable that I should have put this in the metal section)
America
The Beatles
Black Sabbath
Charles Manson
Coven(the original 60's group)
Eminem
Genesis
Tech N9ne(Really, Tech N9ne gives all other rappers a run for their money, everyone else should just give up. YES, It's that good)

I like all sorts of movies, usually horror movies, or strange movies that hit home, more than common movies that you see everyday.
Stuff like:
Any Stanly Kubrick
The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things
Ginger Snaps
Pi
Gummo
Amadeus
The Doors
Battle Royale
Ichi The Killer
Ringu
etc.

I like to read a lot, Mainly horror/fiction, any philosophical read, and most poetry, but I like nearly anything.
Some of my favourite authors are:
Brian Lumley
Stephen King
J.T. LeRoy
William Blake
George Orwell
Aldous Huxley

I like video games, Final Fantasy, Half Life 2, etc.
I like D&D but I never have anyone to play with. (No, I'm not a geek)
I don't watch Tv that often, except educational channels.

Blah Blah Blah...

Anyway, what's up? :p

@Aetas: Welcome to the board. You're into some really cool stuff. You should fit in really well around here.

will check out your projects when I have a spare minute. Seems you're quite prolific. [bearded manmachine voice] impressive *stops stroking beard* [/voice]

Well, Of course it has its highlights, what I don't like, mainly, is that is full of people placing enormous pictures, most of which read "thanks for the add + [username]" and are rather big and often boring pictures, also it's sometimes quite hard to read, as people there have no sense of design (If at least for the sake of understandability), except for well, people who are interested in design, and it's coded with tables... but I digress.

You can skip whatever you want.

The new Satyricon to me is OK. Volcano was decent but fairly repetitive and too simplistic. I don't mind them doing catchier riffs but I think it's come at the expense of the longer, more complex melodies like on Nemesis Divina.
Ah, Nemesis Divina! I like it alot, especially Mother North, even if I cant hear blackmetal anymore cos unfortunately it reminds me of awful people and hard times (which of course has nothing to do with the music itself, or with the bands, its just a fatal coincidence... :erk: ). I also love Dissection and Emperor with "Anthem to the Welkin at Dusk" being one of, if not THE most charming title ever iMO... :) hope i will be able 1 day to go back to that with no dark feelings within me! ;)

anyway hi and welcome to everybody new here! :wave: I'm not new at all but sometimes i disappear for a long time and when i got a connection again i come back! :)

@Dafne: You probably just need to meet nice blackmetalheads! Like, probably some people on this forum! (I only like a few select Black Metal bands / songs, so it is possible that I don't qualify as either nice or blackmetalhead) and thanks for the welcoming message!

I certainly like the vibe in this place.

@Dafne: You probably just need to meet nice blackmetalheads! Like, probably some people on this forum! (I only like a few select Black Metal bands / songs, so it is possible that I don't qualify as either nice or blackmetalhead) and thanks for the welcoming message!

I certainly like the vibe in this place.

oh dont get me wrong please! I've met fantastic, extraordinary blackmetallers, but for a weird reason deep within me there's a connection with the negative persons I met and black metal! dunno why, and I cant stand it!!!!! :mad: i mean, because of this i cant enjoy songs that brought to me very deep emotions...

@Dafne: I hope that those connections fade and that you will soon be able to enjoy those songs again. :)

If he is nice then he's not a real black metaler :p