Next Testament CD

Thanks man, this is great news. Next question is, who's gonna mix and master those tracks? Andy Sneap is available after Judas Priest US tour that ends before July. But who knows, Urteaga is great producer and can do it also.
I think sneap will do the mix and mastering. The final date of judas priest is at the 29th of June. I also know that eliran kantor is doing the artwork again

Skolnick is great and diverse guitar player but for me Eric is Testament. I just hope Alex won't water down this record like he did with Dark Roots.
He's is great, but I don't like his playing as much now as I did before he left originally. I feel like learning other people's styles affected his own originality and he's a bit repetitive now. I almost know how his solos are going to go before I've heard the whole thing. He's also not as beastly as he was. Those solos on the first four records are godlike. They don't seem as full now. they're kinda get in get out, where before he wove through much of the song.

It will also be interesting to hear the album with his wife and the DA album where he will have even more creative control. But he's not under any delusions, he's not claiming to be a guitar god who has made the new album what it is, but he does suggest he's more than just a drummer, even if he's a session drummer.

Someone should go through all the old interviews and cheery pick a bunch of dumb shit musos have said and compile them into a single interview.

I found this recently.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ge...-rather-spend-time-with-sweaty-men-than-tits/

"I didn't make it to any of the aforementioned strip clubs. I figured I'm probably turning gay or something. I'd rather spend time on the tour bus, surrounded by sweaty men, than go see boobies! What's up with that? Oh, I can see the Blabbermouth headline... 'Hoglan Announces He's Gay - Would Rather Spend Time With Sweaty Men Than Tits.' Heehee!"

Reactions: redfly
I remember when Alex was asked in a long ago interview about what his thoughts on James Murphy’s playing.He responded “He’s good for his Genre “WTF!!! Lol!
Yeah what an insane thing to say. I don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with that statement! Like jazz is so hard, A genre whose main goal is to play out of time and not make things fit together lol

Someone should go through all the old interviews and cheery pick a bunch of dumb shit musos have said and compile them into a single interview.

I found this recently.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ge...-rather-spend-time-with-sweaty-men-than-tits/

"I didn't make it to any of the aforementioned strip clubs. I figured I'm probably turning gay or something. I'd rather spend time on the tour bus, surrounded by sweaty men, than go see boobies! What's up with that? Oh, I can see the Blabbermouth headline... 'Hoglan Announces He's Gay - Would Rather Spend Time With Sweaty Men Than Tits.' Heehee!"
:headbang::lol:

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I remember when Alex was asked in a long ago interview about what his thoughts on James Murphy’s playing.He responded “He’s good for his Genre “WTF!!! Lol!

Genre? Death Metal? Murphy is ok but he's not Pat O'Brien level. Like Mille Petrozza said "He's one of the greatest death metal guitar players, if not one of the best metal guitar players in the world."

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly