Next Testament CD

Oh well that's a damn shame all around! They had were plagued by sound problems before DROE came out that seemingly lasted for years. But since then it's been pretty good, I wonder what happened and I hope it doesn't continue. And that really sucks about no new songs!
Yess last year when i see them they were really good, but it's mostly on festivals that they have problems, they also played nothing from the gathering

Reactions: redfly
Yess last year when i see them they were really good, but it's mostly on festivals that they have problems, they also played nothing from the gathering
Wow nothing? Tat's a big change from the last set list posted. And probably a bit disappointing for you. I know it would have been for me. Anything from Low or Demonic?..just kidding I'm sure there probably wasn't. Unless they did Low or Dog Faced Gods.

Wow nothing? Tat's a big change from the last set list posted. And probably a bit disappointing for you. I know it would have been for me. Anything from Low or Demonic?..just kidding I'm sure there probably wasn't. Unless they did Low or Dog Faced Gods.
No neither low or dog faced gods. Now i'm just waiting for the next record :p

One of the downside of those festivals is how few songs some bands get to play. Unless your headlining or co-headlining it's often a pitiful set. It's like one of the commentors on Blabber pointed out the other day (albeit about Skid Row) that playing festivals the original band could never play and pay homage to the 30th anniversary of the debut because no band beyond the first few get to play more than about five songs. Testament may be capable of headlining their own gigs but up against the rest at a thing like Grasspop it's not favourable for a big show. Testament got allotted 50 mins, as did Anthrax, put in a bit of chatter and a few minutes delay and it's easy to see why a band like Testament or Anthrax can't play a range of their big songs.

Yeah but nothing from either three of those albums is a headscratcher. Especially The Gathering.

You know I'm willing to bet if the original Skid Row was to get back together they'd get the offer to play one of those albums in it's entirety at a festival.

Reactions: Slammed
It's gotta be hard to pick from a back catalogue of 30 years when you only have 40-50 mins though. I imagine the likes of Slayer etc have trouble picking 90 mins of songs from 30+ years, but a support slot would be really hard.

I'm betting they would get stadium offers not pizza shops.

Oh for sure, and if that's all it was I would be way more understanding. But Eric has said certain people don't want to do their homework and a few years ago they asked for wish lists from fans to change up their set and they never really followed through. That being said. Any Testament is good Testament. but to not represent so many albums for so long is crazy.

But the pizza wouldn't be as good! That might be Snake's real motivation :p

Don't they play more from those older albums when they headline? I haven't looked at a full headline set list for a while.

Haha, This morning I was looking at some gig lists for Sydney this year and the pizza shop is quite prominent in smaller local bands. No idea if they all play for free like SR did but maybe it really is good pizza.

Oh yeah and It's Chuckles birthday today, or yesterday, or some time around now. Doro posted a message to him on FB about 20 mins ago so no idea what day anyone is actually in.

Dammit, they said 2019, I'm boycotting the band now!

I wonder if Eric doesn't want to say Mercyful Fate because so many people seem to not like MF?

However reading the rest of the article it's all over the place. It's evil, it's thrash, it's faster, it melodic, Chuck's over writing lyrics, the band doesn't record together. Testament sound like the new reality band of 2020!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Don't they play more from those older albums when they headline? I haven't looked at a full headline set list for a while.

Haha, This morning I was looking at some gig lists for Sydney this year and the pizza shop is quite prominent in smaller local bands. No idea if they all play for free like SR did but maybe it really is good pizza.
They usually have a good bit of Gathering in a headline set I believe.

Are you motherfucking kidding me?!?!?!?!?!!! That's SEVEN fucking months away!!! And it's done! That doesn't happen to any other band!
Fucking bullshit!

Gene did say recording had to be done by June 14 to have a 2019 publishing date. While that appears to have happened he was talking the difference between a christmas record and a new year record so it depends when early 2020 really means. If it's like F&J from this year it's only an extra week.

Dammit, they said 2019, I'm boycotting the band now!

I wonder if Eric doesn't want to say Mercyful Fate because so many people seem to not like MF?

However reading the rest of the article it's all over the place. It's evil, it's thrash, it's faster, it melodic, Chuck's over writing lyrics, the band doesn't record together. Testament sound like the new reality band of 2020!
Pffft Chuck said he wanted to go back to every year or at least every other.

Yeah it really does seem like there is confusion between interviews most of the time. I understand things change and times change but even in that one article Neptune posted the conversation is all over the place. I don't know if it's Blabber's fault for transcribing it or the interviewer or the band but if you read what they are saying they are saying a lot but not saying anything at the same time.

Gene did say recording had to be done by June 14 to have a 2019 publishing date. While that appears to have happened he was talking the difference between a christmas record and a new year record so it depends when early 2020 really means. If it's like F&J from this year it's only an extra week.
Bah! Another four years in between Testament albums!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed