Next Testament CD

I don't think any band should be dictated too by a label but reading what some bands say it happens quite a lot and to varying degrees dependant on bands and labels. I do know most labels put up a massive wad of cash to put a band in the studio and that money does not come back to them for months after release even on a high selling record. That probably shouldn't give labels the right to dictate but lets face it we never hear stories about how record companies are selfless entities who off their own back support bands and the music, most of the stories revolve around them being blood sucking leeches.
Ok I agree. But what is the point in waiting months? Is Testament suddenly going to get a big influx of new fans? metal fans are metal fans. They are either into Testament or they aren't. What the hell does the time of year have to do with anything?

Reactions: Slammed
Ok I agree. But what is the point in waiting months? Is Testament suddenly going to get a big influx of new fans? metal fans are metal fans. They are either into Testament or they aren't. What the hell does the time of year have to do with anything?

Yeah I guess only the label can answer that and it could be anything from moving it away from Christmas to other album releases at the label. We could probably guess a hundred different reasons and they could all be wrong. I don't know if Testament have a long term contact with NB, they don't appear to have their own label and using NB as distribution like EMP seem too, but you would reckon if the band were unhappy they'd also be making more of a stink about it.

Of course it could just be that NB read the other threads on this forum where currently it seems to be very incrowd to hate on Exodus, Testament, Annihilator and F&J. If they read some of that waffle in those threads I think we're lucky to get a new Testament album at all :)

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I guess only the label can answer that and it could be anything from moving it away from Christmas to other album releases at the label. We could probably guess a hundred different reasons and they could all be wrong. I don't know if Testament have a long term contact with NB, they don't appear to have their own label and using NB as distribution like EMP seem too, but you would reckon if the band were unhappy they'd also be making more of a stink about it.

Of course it could just be that NB read the other threads on this forum where currently it seems to be very incrowd to hate on Exodus, Testament, Annihilator and F&J. If they read some of that waffle in those threads I think we're lucky to get a new Testament album at all :)
Oh the dbags are out in full force huh? lol

Oh the dbags are out in full force huh? lol

There is always hate for those bands and of course Anthrax, but someone started a 64 band battle of the thrash bands, so of course that's going to get some peoples heckles up as their favourite bands loose to other least favourite bands. Bands like Testament, Anthrax etc are easy fodder for the hate brigade and they get called all sorts of things. Basically it's just a 'who is the most popular today' game to waste some time but as usual some people take it way too far and it goes from "band X sucks" to "you're a fucking douche because you listen to band X".

:lol: well I'd be happy if they'd just stuck with that and that alone!

I'd be happy for an album, at this stage the Testament album is progressing a lot faster than Anthrax's album, even if I am a douche for listening to them.

There is always hate for those bands and of course Anthrax, but someone started a 64 band battle of the thrash bands, so of course that's going to get some peoples heckles up as their favourite bands loose to other least favourite bands. Bands like Testament, Anthrax etc are easy fodder for the hate brigade and they get called all sorts of things. Basically it's just a 'who is the most popular today' game to waste some time but as usual some people take it way too far and it goes from "band X sucks" to "you're a fucking douche because you listen to band X".
I knew there was reason I never really explored this site :)

Sometimes it's funny reading the horse shit these people come up with, after all how can you not laugh at someone who can't simply say they don't like a band you do without also calling you a faggot, like somehow the two are connected. How can you not laugh at someone who doesn't just think one form of metal is superior but can write a 300 word essay on the topic and belittle someone else in every second sentence. How can you not laugh at someone so hell bent on being right they resort to insults instead of actually proving their point.

Okay life can be lived without such humour in it but honestly some days it's a good pick me up and providing you never take anything serious the fools never learn or win.

Don't put the curse on Megadeth too :p
Megacruise is next month. Kiko's showing people how to play Angra and Jnr is doing who knows what to who knows who I still wouldn't like to put a date on Megadeth. We did however see Anthrax in the studio in the last week.

Don't put the curse on Megadeth too :p
Megacruise is next month. Kiko's showing people how to play Angra and Jnr is doing who knows what to who knows who I still wouldn't like to put a date on Megadeth. We did however see Anthrax in the studio in the last week.
Speaking of. Isn't it kind of weird that Dave put his house up for sale while they are next door making an album and partially working at his house.

Sometimes it's funny reading the horse shit these people come up with, after all how can you not laugh at someone who can't simply say they don't like a band you do without also calling you a faggot, like somehow the two are connected. How can you not laugh at someone who doesn't just think one form of metal is superior but can write a 300 word essay on the topic and belittle someone else in every second sentence. How can you not laugh at someone so hell bent on being right they resort to insults instead of actually proving their point.

Okay life can be lived without such humour in it but honestly some days it's a good pick me up and providing you never take anything serious the fools never learn or win.
Idk, for me there is enough bs everywhere. I don't need to see metalheads being assholes to each other.

Speaking of. Isn't it kind of weird that Dave put his house up for sale while they are next door making an album and partially working at his house.

I thought the house had been on the market for a several years and hasn't sold?
In this country we have a 90 day settlement on most properties, maybe he's selling it too give himself a deadline to finish the album :)

I thought the house had been on the market for a several years and hasn't sold?
In this country we have a 90 day settlement on most properties, maybe he's selling it too give himself a deadline to finish the album :)
That was the California house. now he's selling the one in Nashville. Oh! so 90 days until new Megadeth?! Sweet!

Idk, for me there is enough bs everywhere. I don't need to see metalheads being assholes to each other.

If they were the only metal heads in the world I'd agree but I see these idiots as comic relief. An aussie forum I used to be a part of has a metal thread and although the members are more into mainstream/popular metal bands, the bands everyone knows, they were pretty much the same. If it wasn't for the zero tolerance on swearing I'm sure their metal talk would have denigrated to the same level. Seems like there is just a lot of hate among metal heads on the internet, or it's a superiority complex and they seem to think they need to prove themselves better than everyone else. The other threads on this forum are an invaluable source for new music, sure there is a lot I don't like that gets mentioned but weeding through the shit posting has revealed some really cool finds.

That was the California house. now he's selling the one in Nashville. Oh! so 90 days until new Megadeth?! Sweet!

Oh I think I just read over that second sale as being the first one. Maybe he's going to move onto the Megacruise boat!

You can chisel that date in stone, it has been said it shall arrive...then again maybe it wont.