Next Testament CD

Seriously! I keep reading about other bands that are just about to begin writing and recording albums and they already have release dates that are probably before Testaments!
True, i hope they will release the album when the tour starts, i wanna hear new songs in the setlist.
Also i hope for a new song in the next couple of weeks with revealing cover artwork

Reactions: redfly
Seriously! I keep reading about other bands that are just about to begin writing and recording albums and they already have release dates that are probably before Testaments!

You've been reading about that new Anthrax album again haven't you :p

Once Chuck said the new album wasn't going to arrive until February I pretty much just gave up thinking about it. Unlike like Megadeth and Anthrax who've been promising new shit since the day they wrote the first note of the first song that could be on a new album, I think the wait between the recording process and the release date for Testament is entirely acceptable. Sure it could have been quicker but it's not that bad when you take all things into consideration. 6 - 8 months between the exiting the studio and release while also doing multiple international tours is not something to be sneezed at. Would it be a better album if we knew it was out of Feb 7 2020? Nah, the exact date doesn't make a difference and it's still more than we've hear from bands like Megadeth and Anthrax.

Lets get some perspective gents :p
Besides there is plenty of other stuff out there to discover, Testament is but one band :p

Once Chuck said the new album wasn't going to arrive until February I pretty much just gave up thinking about it. Unlike like Megadeth and Anthrax who've been promising new shit since the day they wrote the first note of the first song that could be on a new album, I think the wait between the recording process and the release date for Testament is entirely acceptable. Sure it could have been quicker but it's not that bad when you take all things into consideration. 6 - 8 months between the exiting the studio and release while also doing multiple international tours is not something to be sneezed at. Would it be a better album if we knew it was out of Feb 7 2020? Nah, the exact date doesn't make a difference and it's still more than we've hear from bands like Megadeth and Anthrax.

Besides there is plenty of other stuff out there to discover, Testament is but one band :p
Yess sure, sepultura also releases a new album in january or february and Heathen is currently in the studio recording a new album

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Megadeth release one in 202X and Anthrax release one in 20XX...I can't wait!!!! No actually that's a lie, I can wait, I've been waiting for more than 2 bloody years!

A quick look down the most basic of release lists for the rest of this year shows now would have been a good time to release a new Testament album, there is not many of the main thrash bands releasing much before Chrissie. But I'd still rather a polished turd than something stuck together quickly just to get it out while it's quiet on the release lists.

The thing is there is a lot of really good stuff out there (and shit as well) and thanks to Bandcamp and the like we can listen to this stuff and decide how good or bad it is for our ears. If the main bands we liked released new albums every 12 months we'd soon get sick of them, anything we didn't like we'd say was rushed and most importantly we'd never get to hear any new bands. Chuck's old, he got lots of songs in the back catalogue (so he keeps reminding us) I say let him take his time with a new release so as not to wear him out!

No. Unacceptable! :p Four years in between albums when Chuck said he wanted 1 every year again. Two tops. And most of these tours are only a month long. So I feel it's totally doable. I want twenty albums by them before they retire! ;):)….:D

Megadeth release one in 202X and Anthrax release one in 20XX...I can't wait!!!! No actually that's a lie, I can wait, I've been waiting for more than 2 bloody years!

A quick look down the most basic of release lists for the rest of this year shows now would have been a good time to release a new Testament album, there is not many of the main thrash bands releasing much before Chrissie. But I'd still rather a polished turd than something stuck together quickly just to get it out while it's quiet on the release lists.

The thing is there is a lot of really good stuff out there (and shit as well) and thanks to Bandcamp and the like we can listen to this stuff and decide how good or bad it is for our ears. If the main bands we liked released new albums every 12 months we'd soon get sick of them, anything we didn't like we'd say was rushed and most importantly we'd never get to hear any new bands. Chuck's old, he got lots of songs in the back catalogue (so he keeps reminding us) I say let him take his time with a new release so as not to wear him out!
Hahaha. You're talking to someone who listened to The Gathering every day for like ten years. And still listening to the back catalog. I don't get sick of good stuff. Besides first four albums for them was one year. I like that! But. I accept I'm in the minority. But that doesn't mean I have to like it! :rofl:

Reactions: Slammed
No. Unacceptable! :p Four years in between albums when Chuck said he wanted 1 every year again. Two tops. And most of these tours are only a month long. So I feel it's totally doable. I want twenty albums by them before they retire! ;):)….:D

Holy crap!! Chuck's already making comments about the back catalogue making things difficult, another twenty albums and you are going to send the guy into meltdown!

Hahaha. You're talking to someone who listened to The Gathering every day for like ten years. And still listening to the back catalog. I don't get sick of good stuff. Besides first four albums for them was one year. I like that! But. I accept I'm in the minority. But that doesn't mean I have to like it! :rofl:

Good albums are good albums and they are always going to get listened to often, but variety is still the spice of life. Listening to the Gathering everyday still gives you 23 other hours in the day to listen to other stuff!

After you push Chuck and the boys into an early grave from overwork what do you plan to do for new music then? :p

Good albums are good albums and they are always going to get listened to often, but variety is still the spice of life. Listening to the Gathering everyday still gives you 23 other hours in the day to listen to other stuff!

After you push Chuck and the boys into an early grave from overwork what do you plan to do for new music then? :p
Actually if I'm honest, it was 70% DNR, Riding The Snake and Fall Of Sipledome. Repeat, repeat, repeat. No joke. The other 30% was the full album.
I guess for variety I'd have to fill with LOW. :tickled:;)

Hmmm. Flotsam I guess :)

Reactions: Slammed