Next Testament CD

Right now I'm suffering from mixed images. It's Sunday morning and I'm sitting here making images for a website in five different sizes because of all the goddamn sizes phones and screens come in these days and the fact not all browsers resize the same way. Wouldn't be so bad if it was just make one and resize but of course not all fonts want to look the same at different sizes either.

See I can relate to Chuck when he talks about a 4 month wait if they haven't got the cover design finalised yet :p

Reactions: redfly
We'd probably bash heads, he'd want an album and I'd want to put love hearts and fairies on his album cover :)

That would really set the "Testament are a crap band" naysayers talking if they released and album with fairies and love hearts on the cover. )

The european tour starts at the beginning of february, they should have the album out by then. Another 6 months to wait while the album is finished is a long time

I count February as 4 months and given the album isn't finished yet even less than 4 months. It's annoying but given Chuck's suggestion that the artwork and layouts aren't done yet it's not really that extravagant. Thinking about it, if anything I'm willing to blame the band at this point not the label. They first waited on Sneap to finish with JP which according to Gene was nearly a month. Since Sneap finished Testament have done another tour, and if like the last album Chuck and Eric want their name on the production credits they would have waited until their own tour was finished for the mastering, which is where they are at now. They might have got some rough drafts of the album cover sorted but chances are none of it will have been thought about much until the final track listings and final mastering was at least in sight. Then once they start laying out ideas for the cover it has to go through everything from the PC police (to make sure it's not offensive), to the legal eagles and back to the artist for changes and the process starts again. I've been through this on a much smaller scale than Nuclear Blast would do and I can easily see 5 months work involved, sucks but it's true.

The thing that pisses me off more is that Chuck is on record before the live album was released saying that the band would not take long periods between albums. He stated they'd play for two years, then offer up something new. It's 4 weeks shy of 3 years since Brotherhood was released and it was 4 years (with a live album) between Brotherhood and Dark Roots. Seems to me that Chuck's the one suffering from 'media brain' just like Scott Ian was when he first offered up news of a new Anthrax album, or when Charlie Benate made the claim about an aggressive Anthrax album, or when Mustaine reported he was making a new Megadeth album.

I sometimes wonder about Chuck's memory lol. First he says they haven't done a balled in like 20 years when they did Cold Embrace on Dark Roots. Then he says blast beats aren't really them when they've been using them since The Gathering. I guess maybe I understand Cold Embrace a little since they've never ever played it live.
Memory he no he makes good stuff! :D

Reactions: Slammed
I sometimes wonder about Chuck's memory lol. First he says they haven't done a balled in like 20 years when they did Cold Embrace on Dark Roots. Then he says blast beats aren't really them when they've been using them since The Gathering. I guess maybe I understand Cold Embrace a little since they've never ever played it live.
Memory he no he makes good stuff! :D

Maybe it's got something to do with his wacky weed use :)

Actually I'll stick up for Chuck here. Although there is probably a technical term for it, maybe something as simple as 'being put on the spot', I think a lot of musos suffer from it lately. It seems they often say things in the press that contradict other things they've said. Some of it could be blamed on poor reporting and editing of the interview but I reckon not having time to think about answers and trying to keep interviews flowing has a lot to do with it as well. The interviewer has an agenda to ask as many questions as possible (some also try and set up controversy) and the interviewee probably wants to get the thing over with. It's one of the reasons most politicians of the world have their interviews scripted, so they don't say something wrong, stupid or offensive because their brains aren't working quick enough.

Of course that's just my guess, it could be Chuck's memory is shit, after all he's forgotten how to sing a lot of the back catalogue on stage :)

Yeah that's true. But whenever I've listened to an interview with him it's pretty chill. And It's his music, how do you forget things that you've done multiple times? Especially something songs that you work on for a while. Seems weird to forget your own creations.. So idk. Whatever. I just want a thrash album lol.

He keeps telling us he has 120 songs to think about, forgetting a few now and again, or forgetting they used a guitar, or forgetting they wrote some lyrics is entirely normal. :p

What if the interviewer is a barely clad chick with huge assets and she is dancing in front of him as she asks questions, would you forgive his mind for wandering? :)

Oh and since it's Alex's birthday today I'm going to do him a solid and blame chuck for everything :)
Happy Birthday Alex!

He keeps telling us he has 120 songs to think about, forgetting a few now and again, or forgetting they used a guitar, or forgetting they wrote some lyrics is entirely normal. :p

What if the interviewer is a barely clad chick with huge assets and she is dancing in front of him as she asks questions, would you forgive his mind for wandering? :)
Mmmm. No! Chuck should be used to it! :kickass:

Mmmm. No! Chuck should be used to it! :kickass:

You're making it hard for me to blame Chuck for everything. I think that's unfair, he's the biggest, he is the most vocal, he's the front man, let me blame him for everything, unless there is good reason to blame it all on Lars.