NFL 2008

Everybody over here in Phoenix is shitting themselves over the Cardinals going to the Super Bowl. I never thought I'd see the day. I don't even care about football but I will be watching the big game for sure this year.

And I don't belong in this thread so I'll be fucking off right about...now.

Joey Porter is the only person you've ever mentioned. You hate a whole team because of one guy who used to be on the team who consistently backed up what he said and generally maintained his comments to a more general, and not specific level, attacking certain players like the Ravens have?
No, it's not just Joey Porter. Look at my previous post. Remember when the Steelers publicly stated they got tickets to the location of the Super Bowl before the AFC Championship game. They acted like it was a given that they would win. When they lost against the Pats, Kordell Stewart said "the best team didn't win today." And don't forget when Palamalu's (sp?) shitty backup guaranteed a victory against the Pats last season, only to get burned by Brady, and the Steelers got smoked. Not to mention Steelers fans are just as cocky and annoying as fans of any New England team. The Steelers are also easily one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL. The guy that wrecked Willis McGahee last night with that dirty hit laid the same kind of illegal hit against Wes Welker in the game earlier this season.

Saying that "the best team didn't win" is not a big deal at all, since, you know, the best team doesn't always win. As for the other two comments, I didn't hear them. Provide evidence for them. Steelers fans, as I said in my previous post, are actually respectful. I've seen Patriots fans act like Phillies fans before when players got injured. But regardless, teams are not their fans, so that's irrelevant anyway. And you, being a fucking pussy Patriot fan, obviously can't tell the difference between dirty playing and aggressive playing, especially since you think that either of those hits that you mentioned were dirty, which they weren't. And the Welker hit wasn't even illegal. He got a flag on that play, but he didn't get a fine, and they league later said that it shouldn't have been flagged. If you want to talk about fucking playing dirty, look at your own team. They are goddamn pussies unless they're dealing out cheap shots. You just don't know what the hell you're talking about. The Steelers play fucking aggressive, but they don't play to hurt people, as much as you'd like to think that they do. They deal with that kind of nonsense enough whenever they play the Ravens when you have Terrell Suggs or someone else saying they've got a hitlist and they're going to take out Hines Ward's knee, or knock Rashard Mendenhall out for the season, both of which they did, coincidentally enough. Obviously the case is that you simply don't like the way the Steelers play ball. You apparently don't like it when a team never gives up on a play until it's dead, which must be something ingrained into your mind as a Patriots fan, whose head coach walked off the field before the Super Bowl ended last year.

Saying that "the best team didn't win" is not a big deal at all, since, you know, the best team doesn't always win. As for the other two comments, I didn't hear them. Provide evidence for them. Steelers fans, as I said in my previous post, are actually respectful. I've seen Patriots fans act like Phillies fans before when players got injured. But regardless, teams are not their fans, so that's irrelevant anyway. And you, being a fucking pussy Patriot fan, obviously can't tell the difference between dirty playing and aggressive playing, especially since you think that either of those hits that you mentioned were dirty, which they weren't. And the Welker hit wasn't even illegal. He got a flag on that play, but he didn't get a fine, and they league later said that it shouldn't have been flagged. If you want to talk about fucking playing dirty, look at your own team. They are goddamn pussies unless they're dealing out cheap shots. You just don't know what the hell you're talking about. The Steelers play fucking aggressive, but they don't play to hurt people, as much as you'd like to think that they do. They deal with that kind of nonsense enough whenever they play the Ravens when you have Terrell Suggs or someone else saying they've got a hitlist and they're going to take out Hines Ward's knee, or knock Rashard Mendenhall out for the season, both of which they did, coincidentally enough. Obviously the case is that you simply don't like the way the Steelers play ball. You apparently don't like it when a team never gives up on a play until it's dead, which must be something ingrained into your mind as a Patriots fan, whose head coach walked off the field before the Super Bowl ended last year.

Dodens is correct on this.

How any Pats fan can throw accusations of dirty play around while Rodney Harrison is still on their roster, is beyond me. He probably has more dirty plays than needle scars on his arm.
And let's not even go in to the Spygate ordeal.

Yeah, it's pretty well known that the Patriots are all a bunch of shitheads. I remember when Willie McGinest faked that injury in 2004 against the Colts basically stalling their drive and ruining their momentum. Talk about a real dick move.

I'm not trying to jump on you Life Sucks, but seriously, there's nothing you can say about any other team in the league that the Patriots haven't done x infinity.

Vince Wilfolk is an incredibly dirty player as well. I remember in a playoff game last year he tried to poke a player's eyes out.

And great job Cards and Steelers. Should be a good game, hopefully the Cards can pull it out and finally win one.

I was really hoping for an all PA superbowl but fuck it the steelers will bring the title to the state. We got baseball and football covered, we're takin over sports

As someone wisely stated on another message board I go to:

Atlanta: Enjoy it while you can Arizona, the dream stops here.
Carolina: Enjoy it while you can Arizona, the dream stops here.
Philadelphia: Enjoy it while you can Arizona, the dream stops here.

Hopefully that trend can continue and Arizona beats the fucking Steelers! Massive Super Bowl upsets aren't that uncommon. Just look at last year's Super Bowl. Hopefully there will be another upset of equal proportions this year. Fuck the Steelers.

Can somebody actually explain coherently why the Steelers are such a horribly despicable team that doesn't involve either not making sense or bashing the fans or being bothered by how often their games are showed on tv (which is a decidedly recent phenomenon)?

I love the steelers, theyre a fun ass team to watch. They're a team that puts defense as a top priority and plays smash mouth football the way it was meant to be played.

i underestimated the cardinals but i just dont think they can win, the eagles/falcons/panthers all have a weak defense compared to pittsburg, alot of the passes and plays fitzgerald pulled off simply wont happen against pitts defense, kurt warner will get exhausted in the 3rd quarter against pitts D line and might possibly develop altzheimers during the game :lol: