NFL 2008

Green bay is switching up to a 3-4 defense, hopefully they sign ray lewis to fill that extra linebacker slot. Im hoping they do something to pick up julius peppers since he wants out of carolina so bad. We really need a star on that line to be super bowl ready. The team hasnt been the same defensively since we lost reggie on the line.

Green Bay does not have the personnel to run a 3-4. I mean for one thing who the fuck would be our nose tackle? We don't have anyone who'd work for that, and without the proper NT 3-4 will not work.

So I just read that we're interested in acquiring Ray Lewis in the offseason.
Fantastic.
Let's improve chemistry by adding a murderer.
Awesome.

:lol: There goes that Jerry Jones again. How 'bout them Cowboys!?!?!?!?!?!!?!1/1?1?!?!

Green bay is switching up to a 3-4 defense, hopefully they sign ray lewis to fill that extra linebacker slot. Im hoping they do something to pick up julius peppers since he wants out of carolina so bad. We really need a star on that line to be super bowl ready. The team hasnt been the same defensively since we lost reggie on the line.

Where did you see that GB is switching to a 3-4 defense?

Yeah, and it is a damned shame because we have the offense to be successful, and our secondary was among the leagues best last year so all we would have had to've done was fix our problems in the trenches and then bam! playoff contender.

But to simply up and change the entire defensive scheme that will be run seems absolutely dumb, unless they're only planning on throwing in some special 3-4 packages that get used in specific situations such as 3-long or what not, but...

If you switch to a 3-4 you don't want Peppers unless you are gonna put him as a linebacker. He's a speed rusher off the end, not a 3-4 type bigbody end.

More like "the Pats are about mediocre when they have a shitload of injuries."

edit: The Pats actually only lost one more game than the Steelers, who had completely healthy starters for most of the season. If the Steelers had as many injuries as the Pats, they would have been 4 and 12.

Agreed.

The Steelers had one of the toughest schedules in NFL history and the Patriots had a fairly easy one, so there goes that comparison.

Green bay doesnt need a new defensive scheme, they need A: A leader/star on defense to coordinate with the talent they have. and B: to stay healthy. when we lost barnett from injury last year and had AJ hawk move to MLB everything fell apart. and C: Reggie white needs to resurrect from the grave and re-take the sack record.

fitzgerald-predator.jpg

simms-chart.jpg

lol-noose.jpg

lol-donovan.jpg

:lol: KSK is awesome.

I'm unsure about switching to a 3-4. The Packers don't have a 350 pound DT to plug the middle and their linebackers suck dick. Unless they're going to seriously go after some people, I'm not optimistic.

Mathiäs;7983477 said:
I'm unsure about switching to a 3-4. The Packers don't have a 350 pound DT to plug the middle and their linebackers suck dick. Unless they're going to seriously go after some people, I'm not optimistic.

It would work if they went after either ray lewis or peppers(which seems improbable). The team needs to stick with the 4-3 and let the players mature a little. Theres definite talent on the defense and it wouldn't have collapsed in the first place if it wasnt for barnett being injured half the season.