NFL 2008

Yeah, the Cowboys did not need him. If anything, they should have been picking up another DB or even a running back. Theoretically, TO is the #1 receiver. However statistically, Witten is the clear-cut winner. I understand if the Cowboys were wanting to find a good replacement for TO, but sacrificing 3 picks they could have used on even younger, better prospects than Roy Williams seems like a much wiser choice. Who even knows what Roy Williams will do in Dallas? Who says he doesn't really suck and just had a few fluke games in Detriot. No one really knows Roy Williams, at least I don't.

I totally disagree that TO only has a couple years left. The guy has to be the most physically fit receiver I've ever seen in my life. He hasn't seemed to have aged at all throughout his career, and as long as he can prevent major injuries, I think it's quite possible he'll be playing around 38+.

I was always under the impression that the Cowboys had some pretty good depth at receiver. I know Hurd is down now, but Crayton was a solid #2, and that new guy...Austin or whatever his name is, has shown some great potential as well.

And then there is always the response TO has to this pick-up, which I'm sure will be interesting to say the least.

Basically what I'm saying is, JJ gave up way too much for a guy who hasn't really proven anything yet.

There's no way, assuming Romo's finger is indeed broken, that he'll be able to throw accurately without pain or risk of damaging his finger even more. The two most important fingers when it comes to passing a football are the thumb and pinky finger. Unless he turns into Brett Favre overnight, I'd expect him to be out for a little while.

Our receiver depth is really overrated. Crayton is a quality, if not superb, 3rd receiver, but he's not a good compliment to T.O. because he's not a threat down the field. He's more adept in the slot, settling down in the zone for 10-15 yard routes. We have no speed opposite T.O., which is one reason T.O. has been so bottled up this year. The other, being that he has been dominated off the line of scrimmage which brings me to my point of him only having a few years left. He was completely shut down by Rod Hood Sunday... yes former Eagles' #4 CB Rod Hood. Miles Austin... well... he has some potential, but I don't see him developing into anything more than a 3 or 4. He's just nothing special. A talent such as Williams (who made the pro bowl 2 years ago even though he has been stuck with Kitna and the sorry Detroit Lions. Every time I've seen him, he has been nothing short of spectacular.) can take coverage off all the other weapons we have. I might even go so far as to say that Williams might be better than Owens at this point in their careers... don't laugh until you see Williams with a good team and QB.
T.O's response has already been positive, and it will continue to be if Dallas wins. T.O. hasn't been upset with his touches when we've won. T.O. isn't the volatile personality he once was.

I don't think Romo will play, either, I'm just not throwing out the possibility that he could.
It's funny you should say that about Favre, as he's the one who called Romo and told him that he should do all he can to play, if he can still be effective. Seeing as Favre is Romo's childhood hero, I would not at all be surprised to see Romo give it a try. I was watching NFL live earlier today, and they were saying that it's a matter of where the break occurred. If it was at the top of the finger, he might be able to play.

As for the picks...
As I said, with a 1st rounder they would draft a WR this year anyways... a WR who you hope develops into a talent as good as Roy Williams... so why not trade it for Roy Williams himself?
We have multiple 3rd rounders, and our 3rd round pick this year was OT James Marten... yay... this team is built to win now... drafting players who might play in the future (which is generally what happens in the 3rd round) is not what we're looking to do.
6th rounders aren't that big of a deal at all.
People value draft picks too high. Though, they are a big deal, and the optimal way to build a team, if you can pick up a 27 year old with the potential to be a dominant top 10 or top 5 WR, it's worth 100% of a 1st rounder.
We also, just got a 5th round pick that we didn't expect for dick bag Pac-Man, which made us a little more loose with our picks.

It was a costly move, but this can completely rejuvenate a team that was ready to give up. This gives the team hope. We just have to hold on for 3 games.

I'm glad the Cowboys got Roy Williams but he'l probbaly end up being the 3rd receiver for the next couple games with some playing time, you don't take Crayton's spot without knowing the new offense and proving yourself.

I'm sick of hearing about the Cowboys. Jesus Christ.

T.O. wants the fucking ball.
Pacman gets into altercation.
Tony Romo injured.
Roy Williams trade.

What's next?

It happens.
I am getting more optimistic, though. Especially with New York getting destroyed by Cleveland. There is no clear front runner in the NFC, and if Dallas can find a way to put it together, they still have the most talent in the league.

Dallas is clearly still a powerhouse. Their problem is they need a disciplinarian coach with TO and the other cancers in their locker room, and you don't get that with Wade Phillips.

I don't believe TO to be a cancer any more.

I'm excited regardless, though. The offense has been a major problem the last couple of weeks, and I think the addition of Roy Williams is going to open it up for the rest of the offense.

Adam Jones is not a big loss for this team. Mike Jenkins is a suitable replacement, and Jones was not playing all that great, any ways. I remember us starting 5-0 last year with Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones as our 2 and 3 CB... Mike Jenkins and Scandrick are worlds ahead of those guys.

It's just a matter of them pulling their heads out of their asses.
If Romo finds a way to play and be effective this week, that could infuse the life that this team needs.