NFL 2008

He said with the way the defense played yesterday, and with the offense sputtering anyways, that it's more important for the offense to not give the other team big plays... which Romo is notorious for.
I don't know...
They're at St. Louis next week, which they should win any ways

Then home against Tampa, which plays into their hands, being a defensive battle... they might be able to steal it.

Then they lose by 40 points at New York before the bye and Romo and Felix Jones (who's out for a month as well) get back.

Hopefully they can be 6-3 when Romo gets back, and still have an outside shot at the playoffs.

i'm bummed that denver lost but i'm not gonna go on a killing spree like seeds or anything because overall it was a good sports weekend for me

dodgers won
pack won
crybaby bears lost
favre won
dallas lost

Mathiäs;7704444 said:
I doubt Brad Johnson will be anywhere near as effective as Romo, they'll be lucky to be at .500.

They only have to play 3 games with Johnson. With one of them against St. Louis, they just need to steal one at home against Tampa or on the road against New York to be 6-3 when he gets back.
Even if they lose both they're 5-4 and they still have a vague chance.

I'm trying to be as positive as I can.

And since there isn't a playoff baseball thread, I'm posting this here: go Rays!!

And the Phillies should hit Martin in the fucking face.

Mathiäs;7704498 said:
Well St. Louis isn't a guarantee either, considering they just beat the Redskins.

I think it's a gimme win. The Redskins went in looking past St. Louis. The Dallas defense, if nothing else, will come to play and shut St. Louis down. I'm seeing about a 21-10 win. Barber will have 150 yards, and they'll get a big play or 2 from Owens and Crayton, and that will be enough.

@Mort- you have way too much confidence in what is an incredibly mediocre team.

Haha what? They have what is perhaps the most explosive offense in the league, the best QB so far this season, and strangely enough (recently anyways) a pretty effective D - Jason David ... interception ... world ending.

You underrate them immensely. The've lost two of their three loses by a field goal or less, if "Automatica" Gramatica wasn't such a scrub then they'd be 5-1.

All of the NFC North is mediocre. I think there's a good chance 9-7 wins the division. The Bears were pretty much dominated for most of the game, and Minnesota barely beat Detroit. I'm not sure if Green Bay can beat teams that don't suck.
While I agree that the Bears are a .500 team. They could very easily be a GOOD team.
Coaching is ruining this team. They should be 6-0.
The special teams have looked meh. coaching.
the offense needs to be opened up. Ron Turner - coaching
and the defense just fails at putting pressure on quarterbacks because they never blitz. Bob Babich - coaching.

Haha what? They have what is perhaps the most explosive offense in the league, the best QB so far this season, and strangely enough (recently anyways) a pretty effective D - Jason David ... interception ... world ending.

You underrate them immensely. The've lost two of their three loses by a field goal or less, if "Automatica" Gramatica wasn't such a scrub then they'd be 5-1.

Other than Dallas, they're not as good as anyone in the East or the Bucs or Panthers.
If you think some scrub kicker that wasn't good enough to have a job before the season is going to save them, that shows how mediocre they are.

The Saints would shit on the Eagles, they would rip apart the 'boys shit secondary, the 'skins are very well rounded so they would give 'em a run, but yeah the Giants are a better team. The Bucs have a bad offense that relies too much on the run, which the Saints have proved capable of completely shutting down and wait didn't the Saints already beat them anyways? We'll see about the Panthers next week, but as far as I'm concerned they're a sham of a team.

I said they were better than the Cowboys, but they're not as good as the Eagles.
Tampa Bay doesn't even start the same QB as the first game, they're a different team.
I can't put my money on Carolina fast enough for this weekend.

Their starting QB now is worse than Garcia so the Saints should have no problem beating them as is.

And we'll see man, the Panthers completely broke down on Sunday.