NFL 2008

Colston, Shockey, Bush, McAllister, Moore (who has shown himself a pretty decent WR), Meachem, and Henderson (if Cowboys fans can nut over Miles Austen then us Saints fans have the right to do the same over him, deep balls are the only thing they're good for but they do that fucking so well) are all fairly good weapons.

And then add in the fact that Brees makes these players even better than they really are and you've got a solid team who up until the Panthers game only had issues with winning due to a shitty kicker.

I might overrate them but the overall view I see about them is how they are mediocre and not that good, if anything they are underrated. They're better than their record shows.

How about how they completely shut down Adrian Peterson, all of the Raiders offense (and yes I know lol raiders but still), it hasn't been happening all season but they've stepped up a good few times. Once they get all their injured D starters back (sadly they're not getting Porter back anytime soon who would really help the team) they'll be able to do a lot more.

@Heat Mizer, and the Chargers D sucks as well. Drew Brees is a better QB than Rivers could ever wish to be, he will ball all over them.

I'm not going to debate over how good or bad or how much of a disappointment (because they are and should be ashamed of themselves) the Saints are, but Drew Brees owns the hell out of Rivers.

who has done nothing this season.

Rivers has good stats, but he doesn't make those who play around him better than they are. If Rivers was in NO they wouldn't even have won the games they did with Brees.

I'm not saying Rivers is better or even as good as Brees. At this point in their careers he isn't.

But Rivers could EASILY have a monster day against the Saints D. That's my point.

Especially if the Saints put 8 in the box to shut LT down. That's how they stopped Peterson. They stacked the line.

But the difference here is that the Chargers have way more weapons than the Vikings in their passing attack.

It is possible yes, but you have the #1 ranked offense (#1 in passing too) in the league against the 28th ranked defense and WORST ranked pass D in the league. It can't turn out good for the Chargers, especially with SD being middle of the road as far as O ranking goes and the Saints being middle of the road as far as D ranking goes.

Guarunteeing wins left and right for your two favorite teams = homerism. I don't think there's anything wrong in thinking your favorite teams can win every week, but guarunteeing them is totally different. I've learned over the years that generally when someone guaruntees a team is going to win, they end up losing (re: patriots in the super bowl, yeah fuck you pats fans). Regardless, I don't care, it's funny.

if the Saints lose to the Chargers I will put that flashy thing that Ack always puts in his posts in my signature until the end of the season.

I love my teams-but I'm no homer...I don't guarantee anything!:)
i.e.
Sox in 86' WS vs Mets. (impossibly bad)
Sox in 04' vs Yanks. (impossibly good)