NFL 2008

This is my opinion after 8 weeks: Fantasy Football is fun, but it's not as addicting to me as I hear it is for some. I could take it or leave it, but I would join again next year. I can imagine it would be more fun if everyone was more active.

The lack of activity from the other members of the league is what really kills it. Take for instance the fact that you had no reason to worry about losing this week because seed hasn't updated his roster in at least two weeks. That is the type of shit that pisses me off and makes me what to just delete the damn league. The leagues I'm in with people I can actually call and/or see often regret not keeping up with it. I scold them pretty good for wasting everyone's time. But whatever, maybe I take it too seriously, who knows.

We only have a 10 team league with one empty team (dude went AWOL). I think a 12 team league would be a little more fun, cause then good players make a lot of difference, and not just the superstars.

That's not what fantasy football is about. It's about drafting and/or picking up the best guys in the league and to score the most points. There's always turnover and injuries throughout a season that makes it really interesting to try and find this years' fantasy gems. I've played in and currently have a 12 man league and I despise them. I don't like having to start scrubs or 3rd-4th string guys and praying they get at least one catch, or one run.

The Draft is what I really screwed up. I didn't do any research, picked defense and kicker way too soon, picked positions in a dumb order, and half way through I had no idea who I should pick next. I am probably doing ok, considering that. Although if people had been paying attention, I might have one or two fewer wins.

Yeah, I told you to ask me questions if you had any. Your first year is always a good learning experience. Next year you will have learned from your mistakes, know the players better, know their scoring potential and all that jazz.

Dear Drew Breesus,

Thank you for being the G.O.A.T.

Sincerely,

Your Biggest Fan and Creepiest Admirer David

Not really. Look who wound up winning. Cassel is better than I thought he would be. The losses to the Dolphins and Chargers were just abberations.

Oh man, they beat the Rams!!
Can you say Super Bowl????
Beating 2-4 teams in the last minutes is what champions are made of.

BTW... I'll start updating my fantasy team this week, I just lost pretty much all hope because my 2 of my most important players (Romo and Parker). I'm going to lose manage or not.

Colts could win and I hope they don't so the Titans have added pressure when they play the Pack next week.