NFL 2008

Considering the run to pass ratio is 199:240, that doesn't look like a run first team to me. Point is, Roflsburger is trying to do way too much and is: 1) getting ass raped 2) throwing too many interceptions at the worst possible times c) is trying to become Manning/Brady-esque with their spread formations and relying too much on the deep pass (though I can't blame him).

edit: Also, their third string running back is making Parker look like he should be the third stringer. Moore is averaging more yards per carry and is a lot better in the passing game. Moore (atm) > Parker.

1) Roflsberger also has hardly played a minute while not at the same time dealing with at least one injury simultaneously that affects his ability to throw.

2) They have no fucking running backs. They have to conserve the health of their running backs right now and not overwork them. Which is why I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE FUCK THEY RELEASED DAVENPORT. And which is also why Roethlisberger is throwing more, and more than he should, and more desperately, in addition to the injuries. Because he needs to. And I didn't say they were a "run first" team right now. In fact I said find me a team who's down to their third string running back that IS a "run first" team.

3) Should Derrick Ward get the starting role over Jacobs? He has better hands and is averaging 6.1 yards per carry.

1) Roflsberger also has hardly played a minute while not at the same time dealing with at least one injury simultaneously that affects his ability to throw.

2) They have no fucking running backs. They have to conserve the health of their running backs right now and not overwork them. Which is why I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE FUCK THEY RELEASED DAVENPORT. And I didn't say they were a "run first" team right now. In fact I said find me a team who's down to their third string running back that IS a "run first" team.

3) Should Derrick Ward get the starting role over Jacobs? He has better hands and is averaging 6.1 yards per carry.[/QUOTE]

Giants are 8-1. Don't fix what ain't broke.

I am glad I am not a Vikings fan. Look at their remaining schedule:

Sun 11/16 at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm
Sun 11/23 at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Sun 11/30 Chicago 8:15 pm
Sun 12/7 at Detroit 1:00 pm (except this one, obviously)
Sun 12/14 at Arizona 4:05 pm
Sun 12/21 Atlanta 1:00 pm
Sun 12/28 NY Giants 1:00 pm

It was enough to get me to dump the Viking player I had on my team (plus he wasn't performing).

And who is to blame for his rash of injuries? Mainly himself.

2) They have no fucking running backs. They have to conserve the health of their running backs right now and not overwork them. Which is why I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE FUCK THEY RELEASED DAVENPORT. And which is also why Roethlisberger is throwing more, and more than he should, and more desperately, in addition to the injuries. Because he needs to. And I didn't say they were a "run first" team right now. In fact I said find me a team who's down to their third string running back that IS a "run first" team.

They actually have two above average running backs but regardless, the Steelers don't seem to care about their lack of depth considering how they are using their current running backs. Moore was (up until the Colts run defense showed up finally) averaging 100+ yards a game, showed he could shoulder the load, and be just as good if not better than Parker on any given down. So explain to me why the Steelers would make Moore non-existant whenever Parker starts for the first time in weeks? Clearly they aren't using their brains because splitting carries between the two is the obvious way of: 1) keeping both guys healthy and fresh and 2) play the style of football they should be playing (aka run first). But for some retarded reason, Bruce Ariens thinks it's a great idea to play Parker for an entire game (which resulted in him getting hurt yet again lol), and forcing Ben to throw the ball way too often, which is something he clearly is incapable of doing right now.

I don't know why they cut Davenport, but it made me chuckle when I saw that.

3) Should Derrick Ward get the starting role over Jacobs? He has better hands and is averaging 6.1 yards per carry.

That wasn't the point behind my statement. My point was if you've got a 1a. and 1b. running back, then friggin use 'em.

More bad news for the Packers. Nick Barnett, their top LB, is out of the season. Holy shit. Regardless, I'm still optimistic that they can win the division.

Was it really not overwhelmingly obvious that I was talking about the Steelers? If not, I recommend a reading comprehension course; I believe it could improve your quality of life.

No, I read just fine. I think maybe you are contradicting yourself.

It's all good. You're right. You're always right.