NFL 2008

What a great game. Cassell was really impressive, that game tying score was incredible. Brett had a great game as well

I'm sick of this Thursday night football bullshit. Not everyone has NFL Network, ya know.

Anyway, I was checking the stat lines and Jerod Mayo had 20 total tackles (16 solo). The Pats have an eye for talent.

The Jets' number one pick has 7 career tackles and hasn't started once. :lol:

EDIT:

oargo6.jpg

Welker was definitely better to play than Moss last night. Kevin Faulk did ok, but I didn't play him. Hopefully Mewelde Moore will still get a lot of carries this week (but not score, since they are playing the Chargers), even though Parker may be back.

Anyway, I was checking the stat lines and Jerod Mayo had 20 total tackles (16 solo). The Pats have an eye for talent.

This guy has been good all year...lastnite Mayo was a fuckin beast out there. I believe he got hurt early on and cameback with that performance. He was really the only positive that I took away from that game. Cassell has really improved and the last second TD was impressive...but this guy can't throw the ball down-field to save his life. Moss really should've done much better going against those corners if only Cassell was more accurate with the longball. The fight and effort is still there but the Pats are really decimated with injuries, coupled with stupid penalties and mistakes (Ben Watson basically untouched and coughs up the fuckin ball:yell:)...now makes them very average.

Atleast my Bruins had input in lastnites sportsgasm...shit-kickin the Habs 6-1.

...it was still touching (barely) as he made the catch...even then, as it came off the ground the defender landed on the same foot bringing it back in contact with the ground. Of course this all happened in a milli-second...there was not enough evidence to reverse the call...it was a TD. That TD could have been the game winner...thanks to the gift call given to the Jets on the Vrabel (no way in hell) holding call. I don't like to blame officials and you always have room for questionable calls. But in that moment of the game as the Patriots would have held them to a FG, to give the Jets another first and goal on a phantom call, that was horrible. Its all for not...that game was decided on a coin toss.

1) That Moss touchdown was clearly a catch. Watch the replay. He had possession and both of his feet were down in bounds. If you can watch this and think he didn't catch it, have possession, and have both feet in bounds, then you're an idiot.

2) That holding call was clearly holding. Watch the replay. Maybe it's not called so often, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen or shouldn't have been called.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had both down at first, the other foot came up as he was going out of bounds, and when the defender hit it down it NEVER hit the ground until AFTER he was out of bounds.

Look at the replay at 0.50 (+-) seconds. He clearly has the ball in grasp as the foot is still touching. Thats what they see in replay review along with the original call on the field...its the correct call-its not getting overturned.

and no Dodens, Mort is not an idiot...this play is one thats too close to call and a case could be made either way.
Sorry, but an idiot would think Vrabel did hold.