NFL 2008

The also made the playoffs 3 years ago (probably would have won if Palmer hadn't have been hurt), and almost did again 2 years ago.

Anyways... Great win for Dallas tonight, the last 3 drives of the game were spectacular and Terrence Newman was incredible in shutting down Santana Moss.
The shovel pass to Austin for the first down followed by the throw to Martellus Bennett shows how much this team missed Tony Romo.
Getting Kyle Kosier back helped the offensive line play like they're capable of, finally. Just look at the last drive where Marion Barber ran 6 minutes off the clock. The offensive line just dominated the Redskins' D-Line.

Mathiäs;7803147 said:
Palmer got hurt on a dirty play too, some asshole dove for his knees. I don't remember who did it though.

That was not a dirty play at all, it was unfortunate, but unintentional, and not dirty. And no, the Bengals still would have lost.

That was the best Bengals team in recent memory. No way of knowing whether they would have won with Palmer.

Dreadful game by the Bears today. That was the team that I had pegged for 3-5 wins during the season. Fortunately there's Detroit to provide two wins, and some other bad teams on the schedule. But really, the Bears suck, and they need to move anybody they can on defense that has any kind of value after the season. Bad, bad prognosis for the future.

Even though they won, the Steelers really disappointed me this week. They kept killing themselves over and over again with penalties, they couldn't sustain momentum. They really looked undisciplined, even though the defense played great for the most part, Roethlisberger threw for over 300 yards and amazingly no interceptions, and Parker ran for over 100 and looked like his old self. I'm glad they're not using Moore on those short yard pickups though, he's not big enough to fit into that role. Gary Russell is a good third down back when they don't want to use Parker.

That was indeed a weird game. Over and over the Chargers kept allowing first downs, but never allowed any touchdowns. Our defense was on the field way too much. Something is wrong with the Chargers. They could be so good, but they are not.

and my fantasy players all sucked too.

That was indeed a weird game. Over and over the Chargers kept allowing first downs, but never allowed any touchdowns. Our defense was on the field way too much. Something is wrong with the Chargers. They could be so good, but they are not.

and my fantasy players all sucked too.

The Chargers need to take a long hard look at their coaching staff. They have a real good team on paper. But they just don't get it done on the field.

I like the way the right half of this page looks. :p

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Personally, I like this line a bit better:
Peyton Manning QB
21-40, 240 yards, 3 tds

holla

edit: against the steelers if you didn't already figure it out

Also, here is the new wildcard picture for the AFC:

Team Record Conf. Rec
Colts 6-4 5-2
Ravens 6-4 6-3
Dolphins^ 6-4 5-3
Patriots^ 6-4 4-4
Bills 5-4 3-3
Chargers 4-6 4-4
Jags 4-6 3-6

^=Dolphins have head to head and division record tiebreaker over Pats

Colts have head to head over Ravens and Pats

And now the NFC:

Team Record Conf. Record
Bucs 7-3 6-2
Redskins 6-4 5-3
Falcons 6-4 4-3
Cowboys 6-4 4-4
Eagles 5-4-1 4-4
Bears 5-5 4-4
Vikings 5-5 4-3

I like the way the right half of this page looks. :p

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Are you a Steelers fan? I'm just curious, you've never spoke of an affiliation and seeing that you're from New Jersey, I figured you a Jets or Giants fan.

As for the Chargers... it's pretty clear that Tomlinson has lost a step. He doesn't have the vision and agility that once made him the best RB in the league. That kills the Chargers' offense.
They do have a lot of talent, but I don't see where people keep saying that they're a top team in terms of talent. Take Merriman out, and take Tomlinson's decline into account, and how can you say this team is that talented? They have some pretty good players, but are they really as good as Denver, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Indianapolis, and the rest of the AFC elite? I don't see it. The don't have a plethora of weapons on the offense, their defense seriously lacks pass rush, and their CBs are really overrated. They should be better than 4-6 (would be 5-5 if it wasn't for that atrocious call in Denver, if you remember right), but looking at their roster, I wouldn't say they should be any better than 6-4 right now.
Norv Turner is a terrible head coach and always has been, but the expectations of San Diego this year (especially in light of the Merriman injury) were completely off base.

Tomlinson hasn't done shit because his team has focused on protecting Rivers instead of blocking to set up the run.

The Chargers, man where do I begin? All that talk from the pundits about how they are the "most talented team in the NFL" went straight to their head. I haven't seen a bigger group of whiners in a long time. There's always an excuse it seems for their shit play and all of their underachieving and disappointment.

The Chargers need to fire Norv Turner and convince Bill Cowher to take over that team. They've got the key positions in play: QB, RB, TE, WRs, above average o-line (sometimes). As for the defense, I've always thought they were pretty overrated, and this year it's quite obvious. Losing Merriman was the worst thing that could have happened to that team, as much as I hate to admit it. They've got a bunch of problems on defense and need to start trimming the fat with the over-hyped guys like Cromartie, Philips, and the rest of those hacks. Their defense isn't a "tough" version of the 3-4 like the Steelers have had forever. So hiring Cowher is almost a no-brainer to me.

Are you a Steelers fan? I'm just curious, you've never spoke of an affiliation and seeing that you're from New Jersey, I figured you a Jets or Giants fan.

As for the Chargers... it's pretty clear that Tomlinson has lost a step. He doesn't have the vision and agility that once made him the best RB in the league. That kills the Chargers' offense.
They do have a lot of talent, but I don't see where people keep saying that they're a top team in terms of talent. Take Merriman out, and take Tomlinson's decline into account, and how can you say this team is that talented? They have some pretty good players, but are they really as good as Denver, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Indianapolis, and the rest of the AFC elite? I don't see it. The don't have a plethora of weapons on the offense, their defense seriously lacks pass rush, and their CBs are really overrated. They should be better than 4-6 (would be 5-5 if it wasn't for that atrocious call in Denver, if you remember right), but looking at their roster, I wouldn't say they should be any better than 6-4 right now.
Norv Turner is a terrible head coach and always has been, but the expectations of San Diego this year (especially in light of the Merriman injury) were completely off base.

Wtf, Denver? The only reason they are going to make the playoffs is because they are forunate enough to be in the worst division in football. There's no way they are going to make it out of the wild-card round because they are going to get crushed by the Colts or one of the AFC North teams (Steelers, Ravens).

I think they're starting to hit their stride, and the AFC is incredibly weak this year after Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Indianapolis. Cutler is a great QB, and they have a chance to win every game when he starts. If their defense can give them anything (like they did yesterday when they won in Atlanta) I think they can give a team a lot of trouble. The problem is that they will probably be matched up with Indianapolis in the 1st round, and that's a sure first round out.

I don't see how they have their RB in place. Tomlinson has hit that age for RBs when they start to decline, and I don't think he has much left in him. He's undergoing Shaun Alexander syndrome, except it's not as sudden because he's worlds better than Alexander. They should have kept Turner, that is going to turn out to be a giant mistake on their part.

The guy is averaging 3.8 yards per carry, which is terrible, especially considering the Charger O-Line isn't that bad.

Tomlinson always starts off slow. The Chargers haven't been ahead so they've thrown a lot more than they've rushed. I don't think that he's anywhere near the end yet.

And Denver has a horrible defense. No way they will do anything come playoff time.