NFL 2008

I was surprised the Chargers opted to keep Turner. Granted all the shit that has happened hasn't been his fault, but I don't think he's a very good coach.

Well last season started bad, but ended very strong. We won the last 6 plus 2 playoff games IIRC. So people began to wonder if he wasn't all that bad. But this season I have really started suspecting his coaching. It's really tough to say. The team is very similar. Yes the D could (does) suffer from Merriman's absence, but our offense should be very similar to where we left off. We had a couple of injuries early, but people are healthy now. It's a mystery.

Woo!!! Finally got to see the Cowboy offense again!!!
Now, fuck the Giants!!!

edit: and wow to the Jets. Favre is doing about what I expected this year, but the Jets defense and the running game is light years beyond what I thought they would be. I don't know if they're going to be able to hang with Indianapolis or Pittsburgh, but they are a force to be reckoned with now.

Uh...weren't you the one that was constantly shitting on Favre? Yes, yes you were.

Also, the Titans were OVERRATED AS FUCK, probably the most overrated team ever to start 10-0, and I'm so fucking glad the Jets beat them so people can shut the fuck up about them. The Jets clearly had the match up over them and at this stage of the season are at about the same level. I am not at all surprised that the Jets beat them. I think that they seriously run the risk of finishing 13-3, and possibly not even finishing with the number one seed if the Steelers somehow run the table.

I'm really not surprised either that the Jets beat them, though I was hoping Tenn would win to help the Pats sitch.

Pats v Miami was a phenominal game that had just about everything you'd want. Six lead changes, tough hitting, big plays...very exciting. Lots of nastiness from both sides...was glad to see the Pats do thier talking on the field and shut up those big mouth trash talking Dolphin players, starting with dick-head J.Porter.

Nice.

And yeah... I did rip on Favre... and yeah... he's not doing anything special... in fact he's leading the league in interceptions. He's being an average QB... just as I expected him to be. He's had a few good plays, which I never denied he could do, but it's been Jones, Washington, and the defense who have been the primary reason for their turn around. Kris Jenkins is an absolute monster at DT for them.
Favre's addition has helped them, simply because he's better than Pennington and the rest of the guys the Jets have run out there in recent years. He's been pretty decent, but I still stand by the fact that he's an average, to slightly above average at this point in his career.

^
I kinda agree on Favre...performance-wise he's ok at this point in his career. His value is felt in his leadership, preparation, game planning, alot of the stuff that a Jets team / players really needed to have influenced on them.

I'm really not surprised either that the Jets beat them, though I was hoping Tenn would win to help the Pats sitch.

Pats v Miami was a phenominal game that had just about everything you'd want. Six lead changes, tough hitting, big plays...very exciting. Lots of nastiness from both sides...was glad to see the Pats do thier talking on the field and shut up those big mouth trash talking Dolphin players, starting with dick-head J.Porter.

Hey, fuck you asshole.