NFL 2012

Way to go Lions and Giants.

The Bears D is getting some stops in the second half. Props to the bears o-line for protecting Cutler fairly well so far. Now if the receivers would hold on to the damn ball we might actually have a shot at beating the packers.

I really want to know where the hold was on that punt return TD that wasn't at the end of the Bears game. 21 was clearly nowhere near any other players, let alone a Packer, and the alternate explanation was that the hold was on 29, a number which no Bear wears.

It was one of the more brilliant special teams play calls I've ever seen, and it got taken away on a holding that no one saw. Not saying the Bears would have won, but they would have had an onside try, about :40 seconds, and only a field goal to tie. The officiating in general was pretty awful. Missed pass interference that would have gone for 40 yards, and supposedly no defensive penalties on GB all day.

I really want to know where the hold was on that punt return TD that wasn't at the end of the Bears game. 21 was clearly nowhere near any other players, let alone a Packer, and the alternate explanation was that the hold was on 29, a number which no Bear wears.

It was one of the more brilliant special teams play calls I've ever seen, and it got taken away on a holding that no one saw. Not saying the Bears would have won, but they would have had an onside try, about :40 seconds, and only a field goal to tie. The officiating in general was pretty awful. Missed pass interference that would have gone for 40 yards, and supposedly no defensive penalties on GB all day.

The refs for that game should get shitcanned. The only thing I can come up with is that they had money wagered on the game and wanted to make sure the packers covered the spread. That was truly an amazing play...looked like a trick play you would expect in a movie about football. The ref that called the holding penalty should be ashamed of himself.

That said, if the Bears receivers hold onto a few more balls and Jay is a little more accurate it could have been a win for Chicago. As a fan of football I have to admit that Green Bay has assembled one hell of a talented team. They are stacked at the skill positions on offense.

I honestly can't think of one more overrated.

Best part of the weekend, seeing the Falcons fall for the 4&1 'draw 'em offsides' to lose the game.

Now this is a day to remember in football. Jets lost! Ravens won! Chargers won! Raiders won! 9ers won! Vick broke his hand! Steelers almost lost to the Colts!(wow what a game) Time to drink the adrenaline rush down a bit Ohhh yeahhh!

Best part of the weekend, seeing the Falcons fall for the 4&1 'draw 'em offsides' to lose the game.

:kickass:

The losing streak vs. the Fowlgoons is over. :cool:

JFdirtybird.gif

I love seeing Matt Ryan get crushed.

IxrMf.gif

Vick still has potential?! Did he just come out college or something? He's still the same player he was in Atlana for all those years. A decent quarterback whose only threat is when he gets out in open space running the ball. Statistically, he's nowhere near "elite" and he's never shown that potential.

I'd take Matt Ryan over Michael Vick any day of the week.

Matt Ryan and Michael Vick are the TWO most overrated quarterbacks. It doesn't really make a difference which is more overrated. And this is coming from somebody who was on the Ryan bandwagon last year.

Anyway, so yeah, that was about as embarrassing a loss can get. I knew the DE vs OT tackle would be the most contentious in the game for the Steelers, but who the hell anticipates basically the worst case scenario actually occurring? Although I thought Marcus Gilbert did fine (the strip sack that Mathis had against him occurred only after he fully looped around behind Roethlisberger, at which point it's on Ben to know where the pressure is), Jonathan Scott once again proved that he's literally the worst starting left tackle in the entire league. And yet, what the hell are the Steelers going to do without him? He, Gilbert, and Doug Legursky all got injured during the game, and I have no idea who will be available to play next week. Gilbert did return to replace Scott despite having possibly a disclocated left shoulder, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be good to go against the Texans, where he'll be facing Mario Williams. Doug Legursky also had a dislocated shoulder; however, truth be told, Ramon Foster may be an upgrade. Legursky's a high IQ player with some natural leverage, but his best position is center, and he's just not strong enough at the point of attack, period. He loses the physical battle too often. If Gilbert is able to go, I hope that they leave him in at left tackle, where he will likely be starting week 1 next year, while starting Trai Essex at RT. Unfortunately, he may be worse than Jonathan Scott. If Gilbert can't go either, however, then I don't know what the fuck they'll do. They have two tackles with close to no talent on the inactive list, and one of them might have to start, which is terrifying. Willie Colon getting injured again really fucked things up. It's very possible that Flozell Adams or Max Starks gets a call. They signed one of the aforementioned tackles after Colon was put on IR to no guaranteed money, so they can cut him with no deadloss to bring somebody in. The fact of the matter is, however, that the problems that ail the offensive line will not be addressed this season and will limit what the Steelers can do offensively, and possibly limit how far they can go in the playoffs, because they won't even be beating the Texans next week the way they played yesterday.

A quick look thus far at the AFC east and AFC west.

1. Better chance of winning thier respective division (3-0) Bills or (2-1) Raiders?
2. More dissapointing team in respective division...(0-3) Fins or (0-3) Chiefs?

I say...
1. Raiders
2. Chiefs.