NFL 2012

The Titans beating the Ravens the way they did was.... wat

What did you expect? The Ravens are suffering a severe [personal] Super Bowl hangover after finally beating Ben Roethlisberger the week before. Unfortunately for them, however, they had to start playing again just a week later, instead of getting several months off. They'd prepped for that game since January and completely blew their emotional load. I'm not at all surprised that they lost, and neither are a lot of Steelers fans, many of whom predicted this emotional letdown to take place.

I never said he wasn't tough or played through injuries. But I like how one game completely changes his past record of failures though. One game does not a career make brah.

Hey, it's not my fault you aren't willing to accept the fact that the dude has just as many cons as he does pros. Once you accept this I'll lay off of him.

I think so. Like a lot of people I picked them to get a wild card this year. They've done a good job in the draft the past few years and now it should start paying off. There is a lot of talent on team and if they can keep Stafford healthy, they might have an elite quarterback. However, their O line is still a concern. It could be their downfall.

They still need linebackers and a secondary in addition to offensive line help. I think it's too early to declare exactly what they are, but it's clear that they have potential. I've heard some claim that Suh is having/will have the same impact on the Lions that Joe Greene had on the Steelers when he was drafted in '69, almost singlehandedly reshaping a culture of losing.

In short: no.

Why? They're still a growing team. You guys have to remember, Stafford has not played that much in the NFL. There's still a lot of adversity and learning he has to do before he makes it to that upper echelon of quarterbacks. I also think there are a few key positions they need to fill on that team before they will be able to get over that hump and contend on a yearly basis with the likes of GB and NO, not to mention some of the more dominant teams in the AFC.

I think Jimmy is spot on with that anology of the Packers most likely being the Lions' Colts. Although, I do foresee the Lions winning a few more games than the Texans did against the Colts. :lol:

I'd say give it at least one more year before you can consider them a contender. I think they're going to hit a plateau this season and won't make the playoffs, but will definitely be 8-8 or better for sure.

Week 3 Predictions:

Patriots over Bills: Bills are better, but not good enough to be the Pats.

Panthers over Jaguars: Newton finally brings home the win.

Bengals over 49ers: One of those really annoying games where the only question is who will screw up more. But the Bengals have the advantage of not having Alex Smith as their QB.

Dolphins over Browns: A tough one. But I think the Dolphins have done respectable against two tough opponents.

Lions over Vikings: People will be all over the Lions' jock after this one.

Saints over Texans: Should be an awesome shootout. Gotta go with Brees at home.

Eagles over Giants: I just don't see who is gonna cover the Eagle's receivers, nor do I see how the Giants are gonna move the ball through the air.

Titans over Broncos: Titans looked good last week.

Raiders over Jets: My upset of the week. I think the Raiders are gonna come out strong. They've played well, they've got a lot of momentum, and actually sold out a game so the stadium will be bumping. This a major identity game for the Raiders, who need to prove their no longer a bottom dweller.

Chargers over Chiefs: The Chargers have looked underwhelming through two games, but they should slaughter the Chiefs.

Ravens over Rams: Ravens won't blow it to a sub par team back to back weeks.

Packers over Bears: The Bears still can't protect Cutler.

Cardinals over Seahawks: The Seahawks are just terrible.

Buccaneers over Falcons: Falcons expended a lot of energy Sunday night and look like a team with a lot of flaws.

Steelers over Colts: Back to back shutouts are within the realm of possibility.

Redskins over Cowboys: I'm gonna feel stupid if I pick against the Skins three times and they're 3-0. Cowboys are banged up, so I think the Skins pull it off.

I was wrong in Buff not seeing first place again this year (after week one). Buff...first place in AFC as of today.

Shame on Pats for blowing a 21-0 lead. Today though, was a classic flook win!

Fookin Brady...444 atts w/o an int...then has two in a row. Bouncing off hands and helmets right into Buff defenders. Pats pissed it away. Credit Buff for hangn around and making the most of the opps. I was actually hoping for a Buff TD on thier final drive that was over-ruled and placed on the 2 yd line. Allowed them to run-down the clock for a game winning FG. Pats could never get the ball back here. Oh well.