NFL 2012

The Bears were not the better team today, but I expected a better effort than that. The injuries didn't help. I'm really not clear on why Roy Williams or Marion Barber couldn't play through their minor injuries today. When the top three receivers are Knox, Hester, Sanzenbacher, that's probably the worst trio in the league. For all the good things Hester can do, he is frankly a bad wide receiver. I'm not sure if anyone on the offense other than Forte or Cutler start for more than a handful of NFL teams.

The defense certainly didn't do them any favors today. They have a hard time winning without taking the ball away. Having both starting safeties out didn't help either. I didn't think the officiating was too terrible, but the Saints got away with two or three personal fouls, particularly the play that knocked Bennett out of the game. I expect some fines tomorrow.

Make that 10 4th quarter comebacks for Romo, even having to compensate for 2 picks by Kitna, a missed FG, and fighting a rib injury.
Edit: And Holley was an idiot for showboating at the end. Hope he gets thoroughly reemed for that shit.

Interesting stat listed during the game:

Edit#2:

Since 2006 no quarterback -- not Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers, has a better fourth-quarter passer rating than Romo (100.0). Only Brees (39) and Philip Rivers (39) have more fourth-quarter touchdown passes than Romo's 34. Only Brees (5,905), Manning (4,886) and Rivers (4,751) have more fourth-quarter yards than Romo's 4,712.

has thrown 17 fourth-quarter interceptions, which is fewer than Brees (25), Brett Favre (25), Eli Manning (27), Jay Cutler (22) and Ben Roethlisberger (22) among others. Brady has just 11. Peyton Manning has 13.

Now let me get started by saying am no way, shape or form saying Tony Romo is better than Peyton Manning/Brady/Brees/Rodgers - personally, he doesn't belong in the same category as Manning/Brady and I could go as far as Rodgers either.. The perception of Tony Romo being unclutch or terrible in the fourth is just no fair - on top of those numbers his passer Rating actually goes up within +/- 7 points in the 4th and in the final 2 minutes of a half than his overall fourth-quarter passer rating.

Basically I would love to know why people like Rivers get a free pass? Manning didn't win a playoff game until his fourth playoff appearance and Brees has made the playoffs four years out of 9 season as a starter... he doesn't even get there to LOSE the games so how he can we have him on a pedastal?

Romo is what he is.. he's a "poor-man's" brett favre (which pains me to say) but it's true... he's going to win you more games than he loses you, but people only remember the bad.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/946847-tony-romo-4th-quarter#ixzz1YLoAFz3u

All I can say is some QB's in the NFL today ( starting with Romo and Rivers) are just...well...as Stephen the Mad Irishman says-
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaG718ZnQE&feature=related[/ame]
Say what you will...thankfully Brady is atleast right in the head and has ice water in his veins.

...and won 3 other SB's.:p

Honestly, Brady obviously has some natural physical abilities. But not nearly as much raw physical talent as most of the other QB's in the league. He makes up for it by being one of the hardest working competative players in the NFL. Film study, work-out room etc. Its the only way he has ever achieved success at any level.

Between the ears is what makes and Brady and all the other greats. He is similar to another Boston legend Larry Bird. Couldn't jump six inches off the ground and was the prime example of a slow white dude. Yet one of the alltime great NBA players...the best from the neck up.

I recently heard Romo state in an interview that he will soon go out and throw hundreds of passes in a upcoming workout...and this stuff will lead to a tilte. Nope! Less passes and more studying of NFL defenses and thier tendencies will do it!

I recently heard Romo state in an interview that he will soon go out and throw hundreds of passes in a workout...and this will lead in the end to a tilte. Nope! Less passes and more studying of NFL defenses and thier tendencies will do it!

I don't think it's an issue with lack of knowledge. It's trying to make something out of nothing. It only gets major coverage when the "nothing there" gets confirmed. Which is NOT the majority of the time.

Terrible display by San Diego. They beat themselves. It's obvious that they have what it takes to beat NE, but they just can't seem to do it. It's as bad as how Indy can't seem to beat SD.

:lol:
Actually a pretty good display by SD...and yes they sure have the goods. But not enough to beat NE once again. Blown opportunities by SD?...whatever. A big goal line stand by NE and some timely forced turnovers / int's was the diff. And Brady again had sum'n to do with it as well.

I don't think it's an issue with lack of knowledge. It's trying to make something out of nothing. It only gets major coverage when the "nothing there" gets confirmed. Which is NOT the majority of the time.

I think its clearly a lack of knowledge etc. He clearly has all the tools. He just doesnt seem like the most brightest / confident of the bunch. Not trying to be too critical...Romo and Rivers etc are real good and thier physical abilities can be something to marvel at. I just think they have mental lapses at times. I'm convinced that the most important stat (no surprise) in todays NFL is turnovers. More, the untimely ones by the QB's.

Wow. I can't believe the Eagles lost that game. They totally outplayed the Falcons and were obviously the more talented team, but had so many damn mistakes (plus the Vick injury) that it cost them. What a horrible way to lose.

I don't know why they went conservative once Vick went out, Kafka looked great when given the chance. And why did Reid waste a timeout after the two minute warning? He should have had the 4th down play prepared. That would have saved us 40 extra seconds for a last chance.

If you're an Eagles fan, then you should know that Reid hates timeouts and uses them at times just to get rid of them.