NFL 2012

is Aaron Rodgers the most accurate QB ever? Dude is unreal

Rogers is this year. But isn't the one and only Chad f'ing Pennington statistically the alltime most accurate?

I'm just over it. I knew the Colts weren't going to win many games this season,

...and "they don't deserve to win" anyways right?...;)

I was kind of rooting for the Colts...just to shut up those Tampa yahoos. And so Gruden would calm his ass down!

Please define anywhere & soon. I think we have a legitimate shot of the playoffs this year, & will be super bowl contenders next year. That's not just me looking through my pewter colored glasses either.

What I mean is they are a very average team at best and I think they will end up being a 7-9/8-8 team this year. Down the road this team eventually will run into trouble. They have a brutal schedule coming up against a handful of 3-1 teams. They are just too young and make too many mistakes.

I think this year is going to strengthen the Colts in the long run. Maybe Manning being out for the season is a blessing in disguise. You're going to learn a lot from individual players this year especially in situations they have never been in due to the impact or lack of a great QB.

Colts are fighting and they are actually fun to watch. Especially on D. I know they lost gas at the end but them being on the field for that long, on the road and playing ball was impressive.

Tampa Bay is a solid team but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

That is one of the things I absolutely adore about the Colts, no matter what, they always play hard and are entertaining. I mean, they've had so many miracle come from behind wins that you literally cannot count them out until that clock hits all zeroes. Just ask the Texans, Patriots, Jaguars, Titans, Bucs, etc etc etc.

The only silver lining I see coming from this season is that the team will become closer due to the criticism and adversity they're all going to endure this season. Aside from that, I already know pretty much everything else about this team and they do too. Like I mentioned four weeks ago, I just hope that everyone can remain healthy the rest of the season. It's such a tragedy to see players like Eric Foster, Gary Bracket, Melvin Bullitt, and more than likely Ben Ijalana (possible torn ACL), all sent to injured reserve in a meaningless season. That's two TEAM captains in Bracket and Bullitt, an emotional leader and great teammate in Foster, and an up and coming rookie in Ijalana all lost this season. I'm starting to think that this team is incapable of shaking off the injury bug. It has plagued them for so long that it doesn't surprise me anymore to see half of the team go down anymore.

This might be going too far but the Packers remind me of the Steve Young era 49ers. :popcorn:

Montana to Young, Favre to Rodgers. Impeccably seemless transition and a spot on observation for sure. I'm hoping the Colts get Luck and can succeed in doing the same honestly.

Please define anywhere & soon. I think we have a legitimate shot of the playoffs this year, & will be super bowl contenders next year. That's not just me looking through my pewter colored glasses either.

The Bucs are still the youngest team in the league so they shouldn't be expected to make it to the mountain top just yet, especially not the Super Bowl next season.

The Bucs' biggest problem is their pass defense, which is the second worst in the league. Until they shore that up and create a good pass game, they won't be contending for a Super Bowl for a while. Running the ball and stopping the run, is again, overrated with regard to winning a championship. This is a passing league now.

Hahaha. Chris Cooley is awesome

Ha, ya, I saw his comments on Romo. Cooley is a moron who doesn't have much of a foundation to spout off from, but his comments were still funny.

All I'm saying is if you think they can beat teams like the Saints and Packers with the way they're built right now then you're overly optimistic. And they would have to do this in order to even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone win it.

I think they are an up and coming team, but not a Super Bowl contender yet. Playoff team? Sure. Could they get lucky and make it to the conference championship game? Sure.

Aaron Rodgers is gonna be the best to ever play by the time he's finished. And the Packers offense is great, but their defense is really suspect and is gonna be a problem.

Freeman & Morris are 2-2 vs. the Saints & 1-0 vs the Packers. I realize it's a new year & both of those offenses are going nuts, but if anything I think the Buc's are much better on defense than they were in 2009 & 2010. If we can just get our offense rolling like it was last year we will be in great shape.

Mathiäs;10024040 said:
Aaron Rodgers is gonna be the best to ever play by the time he's finished.

I wish I could write this off as homer-hype, but unfortunately I cannot. He has been on a solid trajectory "up".

Aaron Rodgers is very good, but as a Bears fan all I can think is damn the Packers and their awesome quarterbacks. When is it going to our(Bears) time to dominate?I hoped that the Packers would become a league punching bag after Favre left, but they seem as strong as ever. I can't stand the team or their fans, but I respect the organization for developing players and staying competitive.

Some good news about Peyton:

Peyton Manning still believes he can get back on the field this season for the struggling Colts.

But doctors, Manning said, are taking X-rays every four weeks to monitor the healing. It has gone well enough that Manning has been cleared to stand on the sideline during Sunday's game between the Colts (0-4) and Kansas City (1-3).

Doesn't really mean much aside from Peyton saying he's feeling good and that his recovery is progressing unlike his past surgery. I don't think he should play this season. But if he gets healthy enough to the point where he could play that bodes well for the future.

Colts v KC....great the "suckbowl" comes early this year.

Honestly, and I don't know if league rules allow it?...but for his safety and well-being...he should sit his ass in the booth and help. "Cleared to stand on sidelines"? All he needs is to get rolled up in a pile on a play going out of bounds.

Colts v KC....great the "suckbowl" comes early this year.

Honestly, and I don't know if league rules allow it?...but for his safety and well-being...he should sit his ass in the booth and help. "Cleared to stand on sidelines"? All he needs is to get rolled up in a pile on a play going out of bounds.

He's on the active roster so he can do what he wants. The doctors just recently cleared him to stand on the sidelines for those very reasons you brought up; incase he gets hit or something. He'll be fine.

In other news, Julius Peppers is started to gain a little more respect from me nowadays. During the latter part of his time in Carolina he was starting to annoy me with his constant bitching about his contract and refusal to play in certain defensives schemes, etc. Ever since he signed with the Bears he's basically been a stellar player for them. He's productive, doesn't complain, and is actually quite respectful himself. He recently made comments about his hit on Lions QB Matthew Stafford last season that injured Stafford's shoulder which ended his season. He said he doesn't take pride in injuring players and that he leaves all of emotions on the field. It's good to see players not act like complete assholes with regards to injuring other players and not giving a shit about their welfare (I'm looking at you DeAngelo Hall).

I don't think Manning should come back under any circumstances. I know HE wants to come back, even if the team is 0-10, but the coach and GM need to step in and stop him. They're not gonna make the playoffs so why bother risking your all-pro QB?

Yea but think about how many teams he can oust at the end of the year! or fuck with a teams position(NE,RAVENS,TEN,HOU)With no playoff shot of his own he could go out there and just be a maniac. shit that would be fun to watch!