NFL 2012

Eagles are done. At this point I'm just hoping they lose enough games to get Reid and Castillo fired and possibly be in a position for the new coach to draft a franchise quarterback. Vick will never lead this team to a Super Bowl and while Andy was quite good for some time, he's obviously lost his touch while keeping all his annoying flaws.

As for Castillo... well he obviously is unqualified for his job. Asomougha should have been covering Fitzgerald ever single play. Instead they go in zone and have rookie linebackers and safties covering the best reciever in the game. Just pitiful.

lol @ Lions and Buccaneers today, and Mike Smith WTF?

Giants actually impressed me in a loss today. Although I don't think the 49ers are as good as their record, they are for real.

Dak, that last game of the year is going to be HUGE!

Dak, that last game of the year is going to be HUGE!

Demarco Murray and a healthy Romo have me excited again. As long as the injury bug doesn't hit like it did at the beginning of the year.

Eli Manning is actually having a legitimate year for the first time. I am surprised.

If things go the way they are trending, both Cowboys-Giants games are going to be huge.

Outside of last year's INT totals, Manning has been 'legitimate' for the past 3 preceding seasons.

Are the Ravens the first team in NFL history to have two Super Bowl hangovers in the same season? This is what happens when you give your coach a Gatorade bath for winning a game in week 9 of the regular season.

Outside of last year's INT totals, Manning has been 'legitimate' for the past 3 preceding seasons.

Legitimately middle of the pack.

Are the Ravens the first team in NFL history to have two Super Bowl hangovers in the same season? This is what happens when you give your coach a Gatorade bath for winning a game in week 9 of the regular season.

I know you need to get your digs in where you can, but being tied in the division and losing the tie breaker has to be painful for a Steelers fan, despite eeking out the win in Cincy.

I think a suitable baseline for 'legitimate' is 'a player that a franchise is comfortable with in their belief that not only can they win games with him, but he can win games'. Maybe we disagree with that.

I don't really feel particularly aggrieved of the positions the Steelers find themselves in right now, but this has a lot to do with two main factors. The first being that the Ravens are a very inconsistent team, especially offensively, with Flacco being the most susceptible to playing up and down to the competition, and having a completion percentage of less than 55% for the season. The other, and more important factor, is that the Steelers have had so much success lately that I'm more comfortable when they are not in the lead. Although, technically, the Steelers are actually the 2nd seed (losing the head to head tie breaker to the Texans) in the AFC right now, because they're 7-3 and the Ravens are 6-3. If the Bengals beat the Ravens next week while the Steelers are on their bye week, then they'll once again control their own destiny. Of course, the Bengals managed to lose their top CB for the season against the Steelers, and A.J. Green also hyperextended his knee, so it doesn't look all that great in terms of that happening.

That's a pretty common phrase in this scenario. Not sure what your issue with it is. By that I meant that if the Bengals beat the Ravens next week, the Steelers won't need any help from anybody to win the division after that, they just have to worry about winning their games.

The emergence of Demarco Murray behind the re-tooled offensive line is giving the Dallas Cowboys a complete attack they have lacked since the Triplets.

The offensive line is beginning to gel as Romo is 100%, and Murray is providing the combination of power, speed, and vision that Cowboys backs have lacked since Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett graced the gridiron.

Putting up 44 points and only allowing 7 with your top receiver out and starting middle linebacker sporting an arm cast is impressive, regardless of your opponent. I am very excited about the team's short and long term prospects if they can maintain consistency, and if Rob Ryan has learned from the Eagles game.

Edit: Also, eat your heart out Aaron Rodgers:

Tony Romo top QBR for Week 10/Season, 4th overall

And that's without Miles Austin and a broken rib/punctured lung for most of the year.

Edit #2: Don't look now, but Ware is the leading in sacks for the year.

timbronco.jpg