NFL 2012

The guy is an awesome athlete but as a QB I think he sucks big time. The Jets simply played like shit. All they had to do was contain the guy (spy under zone)with 2-3 players, forget being aggressive and let him throw the ball.

For all the praise Rex Ryan gets he lives up to it seldom.

I don't know why he gets as much open hate as he does. Rae Carruth wouldn't get this much hate if he was back on the playing field. Michael Vick certainly hasn't.

He's an athlete. The Broncos are hoping they can either turn him into a quarterback or revolutionize the NFL. Neither one of those things are bad.

I don't know why he gets as much open hate as he does. Rae Carruth wouldn't get this much hate if he was back on the playing field. Michael Vick certainly hasn't.

He's an athlete. The Broncos are hoping they can either turn him into a quarterback or revolutionize the NFL. Neither one of those things are bad.

I don't know how much hate HE gets, but his unreasonable popularity is certainly annoying. Obviously this is not something to be blamed upon himself, as I don't see him as one who claws for attention at all. The fact is, however, that he may be the worst pure passer in the history of the league to win 5 games. You say it wouldn't be a bad thing if his game 'revolutionizes' the NFL, but I would disagree with that. I don't want to see a proliferation of the spread option in professional football. Keep that in the NCAA please. However, I doubt that this offense has a shelf life of any greater significance than the Wild Cat did.

I don't know how much hate HE gets, but his unreasonable popularity is certainly annoying. Obviously this is not something to be blamed upon himself, as I don't see him as one who claws for attention at all. The fact is, however, that he may be the worst pure passer in the history of the league to win 5 games.

Tebow better than Elway after 8 starts

Obviously eight starts does not a career make. But I don't think he is as bad as what he is charged. At this point he is looking like a much better option than some "pure passers" in the league.

You say it wouldn't be a bad thing if his game 'revolutionizes' the NFL, but I would disagree with that. I don't want to see a proliferation of the spread option in professional football. Keep that in the NCAA please. However, I doubt that this offense has a shelf life of any greater significance than the Wild Cat did.

I pretty much said this exact same thing the other day in conversation. He will need to improve his vision and dicision making speed duruing the season/offseason, and I think this option offense won't work long term exactly as the Wildcat didn't, but it keeps the boos at bay short term while he learns. The guy is a "winner", but the Denver defense is really what is winning those games right now.

I have granted that Eli has improved in the last two seasons, and that article confirms it. However, comparing him to Simms is not fair to Simms, since DBs have had their hands tied in the last decade compared to Simms days in the NFL.

Tebow better than Elway after 8 starts

Obviously eight starts does not a career make. But I don't think he is as bad as what he is charged. At this point he is looking like a much better option than some "pure passers" in the league.

I pretty much said this exact same thing the other day in conversation. He will need to improve his vision and dicision making speed duruing the season/offseason, and I think this option offense won't work long term exactly as the Wildcat didn't, but it keeps the boos at bay short term while he learns. The guy is a "winner", but the Denver defense is really what is winning those games right now.

While I recognize that athletes evolve and improve and change their game over the years, I wouldn't put much stock in what we've seen as of yet, especially since they've beaten some pretty bad teams. If I were to project merely based on what I've seen, Tim Tebow will never have the accuracy to be a successful passer in the NFL. Maybe his overall game is better than Kyle Orton's (for now), but Orton wasn't very good either, since his best numbers were put up in the second half when his team was trailing by two possessions or more. I fully support the Broncos playing Tebow and seeing what they have, and I agree that he is a short term solution right now, but I have real doubts that he can significantly improve his accuracy. I think he'll get better with reads and seeing the field, but I don't think he'll be able to make the important throws. I don't particularly care whether or not I'm wrong since I have nothing invested in his success or failure, but I doubt he'll be a starter in 2013.

Colts held an intersquad game during the off week...they somehow lost.:err:

Romo is officially off my shitlist while Rivers remains on it. Sanchez's growth has been like the mole on my ass...Slow and painfull! NFL defenses will figure out how to defend Tebow (loved watching him as a Gator) very soon. I'd still take him over Sanchez in a second.

Yes, Rex Ryan continues to prove he is the biggest blowhard ever. Getting a bigtime fine again for arguing with the opposition fans. His blowhard / classless statement at the beginning of the year was to ask for other teams help in beating the Patriots this year so the Jets could finally win the division and get home field. Rex...you should have worried about your own team beating the Pats...0-2 against. And stop saying at the beginning of every year that your team is going to win the SB. How bout saying we'll be atleast .500 or we look to win the division...stop setting the bar so high lol!

As much as I want to...I can't rip Eli. The guy has the goods and has had bigtime comeback performances against my Pats. He will IMO retire as the Manning with the most clutch playoff performances and titles when all is said and done.

A strip sack from the backside is a bit of a different beast, in my opinion.

Anyway:

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will likely undergo surgery for a broken thumb on his throwing hand, league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Sunday night.

Cutler will undergo further tests Monday for the injury suffered during the Bears' 31-20 victory over the San Diego Chargers earlier Sunday.

There is no timetable for Cutler's return, but he could be out indefinitely, according to La Canfora.

The Chicago Tribune, citing sources, reported that the Bears are expecting to be without Cutler "for a while."

I seriously fucking hate the Giants. every time I begin to believe in them they fuck it up. I seriously think they need a new coaching staff.

Coughlin is an excellent coach, and I mean excellent! but sometimes a change is needed. This offensive coordinator they have FOREVER (gilbride aka in new york, killdrive) is killing us and....

.....I call for Jon Gruden next year. With a fresh football philosophy.

This could be pretty crippling for the Bears. Fortunately, the hardest part of the schedule is out of the way. I think they can beat teams like Seattle, KC, and Denver without tons of offense. At Oakland, Minnesota, and Green Bay are going to be a lot less winnable then they were before. I think if they get to 10-6 they're still fine.

I agree, but if it was Romo, it would be called a choke.

I agree with that. It's difficult for a player once he's been labelled a 'choke', because every fault will then be chalked up not to a fluke accident, but his natural habituation, which obviously isn't necessarily fair.