NFL 2012

Oh well, whoopty do. Posted a 80+ QBR and nearly 8YPA over 3 (meaningless) games. That's close enough. And he was at the bottom of the depth chart over an offseason that didn't even happen anyway. So, yeah, that's rough on developing QBs.

No one is stating he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but complete the complete panning he receives is ridiculous.

He's not the worst QB in the NFL. His running ability does add a unique dimension. But its like the Wildcat. Once defenses figure it out Tebow will be done. Then all that will be left is a sub par backup.

Giants up by 10 again.

The Texans were doomed from the beginning of the playoffs... they just got lucky drawing the bungals first round. (which is so obvious that I probably shouldnt have even bothered posting it)

Honestly I think Foster could do it well enough on his own.

Well its all hypothetical at this point, but I don't see it at all. You need good QB play when going up against a Brady run offense.

Giants score again. Its over. Even though I'm bummed we're not gonna see a Packers vs. Saints shootout, this is why the NFL playoffs is the best sporting event- save the World Cup. You really have no idea what is going to happen.

Nobody even mentions the fact that the Giants got screwjobbed by the referees twice on both Packers touchdown drives? The Jennings non-fumble that blatantly was and the Umenyiora roughing the passer (on an incompletion on 3rd and 15 IIRC) that wasn't? This game wasn't even 17 points close. The hail mary at the end of the first half was purely karmic.

And David, don't give Rodgers a pass. He may have had about 8 drops, but he was also missing his target often, even on passes he completed thanks to good plays by his receivers. This was a far cry from a banner performance for him, and barely getting 250 yards while playing from behind nearly all game suggests he wasn't doing what he needed to do. Sure, he made several nice throws, but he also missed several that you would expect him to make.

Gotta give props to my Texans. They outplayed the Ravens on the line of scrimmage, yards gained, held Rice to 60 yards, and sacked Flacco 5 times.

But where it counted most (the score) we lost. Goddamn Jacoby Jones and Yates' three INTs gave the game away. Take away the 4 turnovers and it's a Pats/Texans AFC Championship. Such is life with a 3rd string rookie QB. With Schaub and Williams in the game, Texans win easily.

Next year...

Nobody even mentions the fact that the Giants got screwjobbed by the referees twice on both Packers touchdown drives? The Jennings non-fumble that blatantly was and the Umenyiora roughing the passer (on an incompletion on 3rd and 15 IIRC) that wasn't? This game wasn't even 17 points close. The hail mary at the end of the first half was purely karmic.

And David, don't give Rodgers a pass. He may have had about 8 drops, but he was also missing his target often, even on passes he completed thanks to good plays by his receivers. This was a far cry from a banner performance for him, and barely getting 250 yards while playing from behind nearly all game suggests he wasn't doing what he needed to do. Sure, he made several nice throws, but he also missed several that you would expect him to make.

That entire game was horrible, and I agree 100% on your comment on Rodgers and both of those ref calls. There was just mistakes every other turn, from dropped passes that could of been big, or at least sustaining, to touchdown potential throws that Rodgers was way off target on while under much less pressure than we typically see. Sure, the Giants played well, but the Packers 100% beat themselves this game.

100% beat themselves? Eh...not really. Yeah, they dropped passes, and lost fumbles, but they received two gifts from the referees. Got to give the Giants credit for gameplanning. They covered well for most of the game, especially considering they were playing with the lead for most of the game, so much so that Rodgers had to take off half a dozen times because he had nothing open. And you usually didn't simply beat yourself when you lose by 3 possessions. The Giants are playing the best that they have since their last run the the super bowl, especially the passing game and the defensive line.

Nice to see the Packers get upset at home. Was it really that big of a surprise though? I watch the NFL sparingly outside of Bears games but I recall hearing an analyst mention the Packers being vulnerable at home since their Defense was swiss cheese this year.
I can also take solace in the fact that Bears have the same number of Playoff wins as the Packers this year.

I hope to see a Giants-Patriots rematch in the Superbowl. Giants win.

The Packers almost went undefeated in the regular season, locked up the #1 seed in the playoffs, had a record setting season on offense, and have the league's MVP as the face of their franchise. Whereas the Bears had a horrible season and have Jay Cutler as the face of their franchise. If you take solace in that I almost feel sorry for you.

edit: My thought the entire time I watched that Packers-Giants game was, "Man, the feeling I get while watching this game is very similar to a lot of past Colts' playoff failures. Oh man that sucks for Packers fans! haha"