NFL 2013

Because the Bills don't have a QB and therefore will not be a Super Bowl contender in 2013. Why waste resources- even just a 6th rounder- on a guy who will probably retire after 2013 unless you're a Super Bowl contender?

I don't think the GM of the Baltimore Ravens cares about whether or not Boldin gets to a contender, unless he has some sort of no-trade clause in his contract.

I don't think Boldin is an upgrade over Moss, and Moss didn't have a significant impact on the 49ers offense.

Dude, Boldin was so dominant in the playoffs, his size was too much

Moss has played rather lackadaisically for his past few seasons, and was never a very aggressive receiver. Boldin, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. I'm sad to see him leave Baltimore, but it's whatever. It's not Baseketball, amirite.

I will mention, though, that Boldin in the regular season is far more conservative than he was this recent post-season, so anticipate butt hurt 49ers fans for a couple of months after opening day.

I don't think the GM of the Baltimore Ravens cares about whether or not Boldin gets to a contender, unless he has some sort of no-trade clause in his contract.

I'm talking about from the Bills perspective. The trade would make no sense for the Bills. You don't spend 6 mil. and a waste a pick on a receiver who is one year away from retirement when you don't even have a QB.

Well Harvin is a douche, injury prone, and the whole migraine thing. I'd rather have Boldin.

Boldin is a one year rental. Harvin is a long term upgrade for the Vikings.

The Ravens are losing everybody. Kruger, Ellerby, Boldin, Pollard are all gone. Lewis and Birk retired. Carry Williams is probably gone and now Ed Reed is visiting the Texans. I know Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in the business, but he's gonna have a tough time replacing that many key players at once.

tumblr_mdm2f2spkm1rheqhwo1_250.gif

Welker has pulled that shit two years in a row. You know it's going to happen again.

Anyway, while the Ravens are getting panned for eviscerating their team, I think it's a fucking smart move. The Ravens overachieved in the playoffs compared to their regular season performance (they had a horrible defense btw) and many of those "stars" let go were in the 30+ range. You cannot expect them to get better next year/repeat. So use the goodwill fans will have coming off a fresh Super Bowl win to clean out all the aging players. This is exactly how I run my Madden franchises. 30+ on my teams are rare. Clear the cap and bring in the youth. I applaud Newsome's move.

That said, again, I would love to see Dallas bring in Pollard. He's 29 so he's still got 2-3 years left and can really challenge/teach the younger guys in Church and Johnson. Reeds great but Dallas can't afford him ( I don't know if they can afford Pollard).

That said, again, I would love to see Dallas bring in Pollard. He's 29 so he's still got 2-3 years left and can really challenge/teach the younger guys in Church and Johnson. Reeds great but Dallas can't afford him ( I don't know if they can afford Pollard).

They can, they're just not allowed :p

Let me put it this way, he got beat out for the starting job on a team eviscerated by injuries by a guy sitting on a couch for half the season (Ernie Sims). So he went from competing for 2nd on the depth chart going into camp to clearly dropping to third to sliding to 4th-5th when Lee and Carter both went out and FAs were brought in. Not impressive. He's a liability in pass coverage and not the greatest against the run either.

Man he got beat out by Earnie Sims? That guys was on the Eagles for a year. Fast as hell but abaolutely no instincts. It was almost funny to watch how often he was out of place or away from the ball. Based on that alone, I wouldn't expect much from Conner if I was a Giants fan. However, the tight end they picked up today seems like a good fit.