NFL 2015

My heart hates the McCoy trade, but my brain loves it. 10 million is just too much for a RB. It looks like the Eagles have locked up Maxwell and are in the running for McCourty. That definitely is a good use of the freed up money.

It sounds like for better or for worse, Chip is going to run it his way, and McCoy wasn't down. Plus the money. Given the speed of the offense as Chip wants to run it, a 3 down back isn't worth the money, as one guy would probably be pretty gassed pretty fast.

Where I think Chip may find a problem is if ultimately no one feels like running through that ringer. He could force kids to do it at Oregon, as they had their eyes on the NFL. But if talent doesn't feel like running at his desired speed, he won't be able to keep talent.

We restructured McCoy's deal and I think his cap hit is around 5mil less. Of course he's getting 16 million to play this season though..NFL salary rules are weird.

Eagles signed Gore and Maxwell. I can't imagine Gore thriving in that uptempo offense but hate to see Maxwell twice a year.

Gore makes sense. He's a N/S runner, which is really what Kelly wants. Plus, he's only gonna be in there for probably 1/3 of the plays, if that. Clearly, Kelly wants a RB by committee. Gore is a short term answer and I wouldn't be surprised to see them add a RB in the draft.

Maxwell is a great fit and very necessary with Beckham, Bryant and Jackson in the division. I'm really hoping they can find a way to sign McCourty. It looks like it's between the Eagles and Giants for his services.

I swear, if the Bears dont get rid of Jay Cutler, I wont watch a single game.

Jay Cutler is still better than half the starters in the league. Unless you want to purposely tank the season for a top pick, you're not going to find a better option than Cutler.

You should probably worry about an actual problem, like their pass defense.

Get a decent defense together, fix your awful special teams and stop shuffling your Oline. You could win with a tier 2 - tier 3 QB.

Eli proved it twice.

Cutler is still probably around 13-20 in QB rankings. That's not someone you give away for nothing. He is not a beloved guy in the locker room, but he's not a cancer. He's pretty neutral. Normally you want a plus leader from that position, but he's not that. When the alternatives are Hoyer, McCown, etc., Cutler is good.