NFL 2015

A lot of upsets yesterday even though I figured the Jets would win. Was talking shit to Dodens about that cuz he didn't think they'd win and because the steelers shit the bed.

i think the jets are going to knock the steelers out of the playoffs

iwDsWSW.jpg

I'm shocked.

All of the reports coming out since Kelly's firing have supported everything I said about the situation in Philly. Again, @crimsonfloyd, I would like to hear your thoughts on how I'm supposedly biased and don't know what I'm talking about, and your general thoughts on Kelly being canned. I assume you don't agree with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dak
I think it's really stupid. They are going to either blow up the team or whoever the new GM/coach is will have to retool the roster and there's another delay.

I don't think the team needs blowing up. The defense was gassed at the end of the year again because the offense was predictable and came off the field way too often. I'm sure cf will disagree with me as well. Ironically, without Romo back there making changes at the line and doing his Houdini stuff, Dallas suffered from a similar problem this year (predictability) - although the defense has still played much better. I think another year of development from the young guys, a healthy Romo, and some real CBs will make the Dallas D a terror.

I don't think the Eagles need to blow it up, Kelly already did that. They need to improve their oline and find their franchise QB and just keep improving through the draft and they'll be fine. They're much closer to being a contender than a lot of other teams.

I don't think the Eagles need to blow it up, Kelly already did that. They need to improve their oline and find their franchise QB and just keep improving through the draft and they'll be fine. They're much closer to being a contender than a lot of other teams.

:lol: You sound like an ESPN announcer here. This is what every bubble or worse team needs to succeed, how are the Eagles going to do it? They paid Murray who they apparently want to keep, there's a lot of salary. They traded for Bradford, he's going to stay.

Most lines both on offense and defense in the NFL aren't very good atm and it seems only a handful of teams truly focus on improving or maintaining that as a strength and core of their team. And they'll do it by drafting well, developing their talent, and good schemes.

Bradford is a UFA after this season so the only way the Eagles are going to keep him is either a long term deal or franchise tag him. He's going to try and command a huge long term deal and I don't think they'll bite unless it's extremely team friendly. As for Murray I think he'll stay because they seem to a good committee of running backs. Their problem stemmed more from lineman and scheme.

So yeah. It's not the most complicated situation. They just have to be smart and stick with a solid plan.

You don't draft "well" and "develop" talent based off one off season. You're describing a multi year plan. Didn't the Eagles lose 2 picks for Bradford?

This move definitely makes me question Lurie's judgment. Why give Kelly so much power if you're not gonna give him more time? Or to look at if from a different angle, why wasn't Lurie more aware of underlying problems before giving Kelly control of personnel? For a team that is normally logical and organized, they really seem to be winging it.

You don't draft "well" and "develop" talent based off one off season. You're describing a multi year plan. Didn't the Eagles lose 2 picks for Bradford?

One last year and their second rounder this year. But there's no point in sinking good money after bad money.

I bet Bradford stays in Philly.

It depends how the new coach feels about him. He's probably not leading anyone to a Super Bowl, so I would let him walk unless it's the right price.