NFL 2018

Can't piledrive QBs into the ground is fine, but you get linemen holding and then pushing guys into the QB and it gets called as a low hit.

Yeah I agree, the rules are stupid. They need to simplify them somehow to make it easier to call the game. Or make most calls reviewable and have the game take 6 hours.

Frankly the NFL makes the money to invest in AI and camera technology that could track all 22 players and assign penalties more accurately and impartially. Obviously would take some time to tweak so that there's not a call on every play, and figure out how to catch stuff in the interior of the line etc., but there has to be a better system than a bunch of middle aged guys trying not to get run over.

Reactions: Matt
Yeah, an automated system would make a lot more sense and make it a lot more fair. I'd be in favor of that. The game is too fast for even the best crews to catch everything.

It's similar to the calls for MLB to implement an automated strike zone. I'm not really in favor of that at the moment but it would probably make things better overall.

but there has to be a better system than a bunch of middle aged guys trying not to get run over.

Hardly only a football issue ;)

More Patriots drama:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...rady-would-divorce-bill-belichick-if-he-could

I got a kick out of Shannon Sharpe's take on this, for anyone interested in checking out the Undisputed on this. In any case, aren't people supposed to get wise as they grow older? Obviously doesn't hold up as a rule anyways, but it is amusing to see Brady turn into an insecure teeny-bopper as he gets older. It is a shame though. Brady could have sailed into the sunset with a Super Bowl victory as a worthy successor took up the mantel, but instead he pissed off Belichick and might not get another one as a result. Still the GOAT, no matter how this all ends, both of them.

People get used to success, even when some luck is involved, and start nitpicking every imagined or real problem. Humans have an attentional bias towards the negative. This is one of the reasons Jimmy and Jerruh had their falling out.

Brady's sister, Nancy, also reportedly told people Tom was concerned "Belichick will definitely do to him someday what the Colts did to Peyton [Manning]."

What's that exactly? Make the best decision for the franchise? lol

What a stupid fucking comment. The Colts only had one choice. Peyton is God to me but I would have done the same thing. Besides, looking back at all the drafts since Luck was drafted, there isn't a single quarterback I would take over Luck.

Last edited:
About time Baker Mayfield took the helm. Wouldn't be surprised, however, if the Browns thought it was a good idea to keep Taylor on as a starter. You'd think they'd have learned from the Bills.

go on twitter some time about Tyrod, people think he's the best and we're a racist organization because we traded him

Tyrod is a 33%tile starter. If that sounds like a really bad thing you don't understand how hard it is to even get a starting caliber QB of any percentile.

Colts @ Eagles - A close game, wouldn't say it's a good one though. No running game from the Colts, wide open receivers for the Eagles. Refs trying to manage the game themselves. I was hoping Wentz would be a bit rusty, so much for that. He's such a natural talent, the Eagles should feel blessed. His scramble and dive for the 1st down before the end of the half was pretty awesome to watch.

Lots of scoring this week it seems.