Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread

A good joke is subjective. Most if not all jokes are always making fun of something or someone, so obviously everyone won't like them, especially if it's dark/black humor.

And I'm not talking about Goku, he's not a grandpa. Talking about Grandpa Gohan.
Shouldn't it be master Mutenroshi instead of Gohan?

Opposers of the dark humor share the same problem you just presented with yourself. I love dark humor and I think there is nothing wrong if a community of people share it between eachother. I also understand that if you share your dark humor in sites or threads which are more for the general public, then not everyone will like it.
Wait. Who did some dark humor? I've read nothing like that on this thread.

Calling other people inmature is not dark humor. It should be domething like:"I stopped resding manga after I realized that I was feeling an attraction for eight years old girls. And it was good".

Not my best but you get what I mean.

Wait. Who did some dark humor? I've read nothing like that on this thread.

Calling other people inmature is not dark humor. It should be domething like:"I stopped resding manga after I realized that I was feeling an attraction for eight years old girls. And it was good".

Not my best but you get what I mean.
I talked about reddit. People drive themselves into the ground because others are laughing at dark humor.

Mutenroshi/Master Roshi is a total legend :D old as fuck but still hasn't given up on getting some of dat ass. Generally fails but man, even in the shitty dubbed version of DB/DBZ he still got those pervy moments in. The guy is an inspiration to all bros worldwide :cool:

Reactions: eochaid
Don't tell me you watched it dubbed LOL

When I was a kid, sure. I didn't know any better. I don't watch any anime dubbed nowadays as the english VAs always sound shit to me (honorable mentions to Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star though, all great dubs even if I'd still watch the subs nowadays).

By the time I knew much about Dragonball and how utterly different it was in Japan I was already losing interest in it. I remember being blown away by how much better the Gohan SSJ2 transformation was in the sub, which I found on some obscure internet site (no YouTube back then) but yeah, I was done with DB/DBZ by then. It's a shame. I never went back to it as there's just much better anime out there to watch.

I also went through a period a little while back watching the first season of Pokemon subbed. Fair to say that it was a ton better than the dub, which again is all I'd seen as a kid. The subs were only completed up to episode 50 or so, though, so I never got past that. I figured Pokemon of all things would be fully subbed, but nope.

Just watched the last episode of Steins;Gate 0 and White Fox did a great job overall. 0 was a little off pace at times but the last five episodes or so were incredibly well done. They even threw the OG Steins;Gate opening theme in there along with "Gate of Steiner" which was part of the Steins;Gate VN as well as the original anime. Dem feels were real.

You know it's a good series when you don't feel ready for it to finish. I think they'll probably do an OVA around Christmas time and then who knows. I think there's still money on the table with the franchise so it wouldn't surprise me if the story continued on at some point. 0 was a prequel to the original series so it was really just adding a huge amount of depth to the original story rather than creating a new one.

Probably the best anime series I've watched to date. It'll be hard for anything to top it.

By the time I knew much about Dragonball and how utterly different it was in Japan I was already losing interest in it. I remember being blown away by how much better the Gohan SSJ2 transformation was in the sub, which I found on some obscure internet site (no YouTube back then) but yeah, I was done with DB/DBZ by then. It's a shame. I never went back to it as there's just much better anime out there to watch.
The last interesting arc was that of Namec. From there onwards was shit with some promising moments. I'm not even watching the new dragon ball.

Just watched the last episode of Steins;Gate 0 and White Fox did a great job overall. 0 was a little off pace at times but the last five episodes or so were incredibly well done. They even threw the OG Steins;Gate opening theme in there along with "Gate of Steiner" which was part of the Steins;Gate VN as well as the original anime. Dem feels were real.

You know it's a good series when you don't feel ready for it to finish. I think they'll probably do an OVA around Christmas time and then who knows. I think there's still money on the table with the franchise so it wouldn't surprise me if the story continued on at some point. 0 was a prequel to the original series so it was really just adding a huge amount of depth to the original story rather than creating a new one.

Probably the best anime series I've watched to date. It'll be hard for anything to top it.
I'm not discussing it but I insist. You need to watch children of the whales. And then tell me what you think.

And a random question. Any fan of the monogatari series?

The last interesting arc was that of Namec. From there onwards was shit with some promising moments. I'm not even watching the new dragon ball.

Yeah agreed. I'm sure I read once that the creator wanted it to end after the Freeza saga, but was pressured to continue. It felt like after the Freeza saga it was just repeating the same shit over and over again. Powerful bad guy, good guys not strong enough, train/evolve to beat the bad guy, people die, bad guy is defeated, dead people are brought back to life back the dragon balls... rinse/repeat. It really should have ended after the Freeza saga. Possibly even with Goku sacrificing his life there and actually dying.

I'm not discussing it but I insist. You need to watch children of the whales. And then tell me what you think.

I'll add it to my list, but we both know how long that list is :D

Yeah agreed. I'm sure I read once that the creator wanted it to end after the Freeza saga, but was pressured to continue. It felt like after the Freeza saga it was just repeating the same shit over and over again. Powerful bad guy, good guys not strong enough, train/evolve to beat the bad guy, people die, bad guy is defeated, dead people are brought back to life back the dragon balls... rinse/repeat. It really should have ended after the Freeza saga. Possibly even with Goku sacrificing his life there and actually dying.

The only positive thing, to me, about the next sagas was a spanish parody of dragon ball. It was called dragon fall and was pretty funny. The bad things is that most of the jokes cannot be translated since they're only funny in spanish.

I'll add it to my list, but we both know how long that list is

As long as mine? I even made a (local) website just to remember what's on my list (and for fun).

I also remembered about Honey & Clover. Probably my favourite adult romance comedy.

I'd probably need to take six months off work to catch up with everything I want to watch :D never even heard of Honey & Clover. The sheer amount of anime available to watch is completely insane.

I'd probably need to take six months off work to catch up with everything I want to watch

Do it before you have any children.

never even heard of Honey & Clover.
Hachimitsu to clover. Honey and Clover. A group of art students falling in love and being rejected. Success and failure. That's one of my favourites ever.

It is mostly about romance but the comedy here is pretty good.

Do it before you have any children.

I'm not planning to have any so that gives me plenty of time :D

Hachimitsu to clover. Honey and Clover. A group of art students falling in love and being rejected. Success and failure. That's one of my favourites ever.

It is mostly about romance but the comedy here is pretty good.

Sounds like my kind of thing.