AMON AMARTH and HATESPHERE

September
28 London Forum
29 Nottingham Rock City
30 Manchester Academy
October
1 Glasgow Garage/QMU
2 Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Can't see Adelaide SA there ... damn !!!!!!!!!

Nu metal is not a new term. It's been thrown around for a while now. You know how you can tell a nu metal band? If they do those gibberish, rapping vocals like Coal Chamber and Disturbed and play boring, bouncy riffs made for kids to jump on their beds to. Oh not to mention, djs. :puke:

nu metal can be listened to by me in doses but most of it is absolute nonsense.
its the only sub genre in metal i cant listen to every band thats with in it

You know what really makes me laugh.
Farts that sound like they should end in a question mark.

the guy that started thread really does not know that much about metal, but he is really serious and passionate about his words so I am gonna let that slide.

but nu metal was the name for the pop metal of the 1990's.

hardcore is the name for the current pop metal of the 2000's.

there is always going to be trendy styles of metal, and if that is what it takes to bring in fresh meat(new people)then that is ok with me. sometimes a person who like linkin park will realize after a while that they suck because he heard a good band like I dunno...Terror High on Fire...DEP etc. at a Linkin Park concert, so it's all relitive.

Some Nu Metal Kicks butt, i dig Lamb of god, Hatebreed, God forbid, Disturbed..

But some of it is real doggie doo doo!!!

Opinions will always vary, but i think all Country Albums should be burnt!:heh:

Cheers

Matty..:kickass:

"there is always going to be trendy styles of metal, and if that is what it takes to bring in fresh meat(new people)then that is ok with me"

If it wasnt for the numetal i dont think i would be listening to what i do today. I still like some of the nu-metal, but the rest is...well crap. Im still not really into the heavy death metal, but i like most of it. I got started on Slipknot and Disturbed and now find myself liking things like In flames and Slayer.