O/T Picks And Predictions For The Upcoming NFL Season

Oh wow!! Lets just cancel the season and give the Lombardi Trophy to The Seahawks...I mean after all they did so well in the power rankings it's just a matter of time before they have an undefeated season and win it all!:rolleyes:

Kid, if you weren't so retarded you'd be funny!! But the truth of the matter is you're quite sad!! "Seahawks were in Super Bowl, Pats weren't" Last I checked The Pats won their last SEVERAL Super Bowl Appearances..Tell me other than last year how many Super Bowl appearances is that for the Seahawks??

"tons about football east of the mississippi river" who gives a shit about the armpit of the U.S.!! It's just out of the way enough that NO teams from any sport want to waste their time with road trips out there to the middle of nowhere.

It's too bad we can't bet on this..Because your ridiculous blind faith would probably be worth a few bucks to me...Here's some facts for you to digest.....

Despite the ease of your division The Pats will finish the year with a better record than Seattle And N.E. will probably make it back to another Super Bowl whereas The Seahawks won't and finally while you're bitching and crying about how the officials took the Wild Card game the Seahawks hosted from you like they did the S.B. from a year ago...The Pats will be getting ready to take their trophy back from last years champs (Who incidently are not the Seahawks) So cry now and cry often because it SUCKS to be you this season!!!
Riehlthing said:
Here's their power rankings so far.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=1
and notice said one of the best moves. edge moving to arizona to play behind no o-line was one, and I already talked about culpepper.
here's the seahawks preview...looks pretty damn good for them.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?page=Seahawks/06
and the patriots...their preview is just glowing, isn't it?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?page=Patriots/06

If you took the names out of the previews, I would take the Seahawks as the better team. But, you're a new england fan who knows tons about football east of the mississippi r. Blah Blah Blah, what have you done for me lately? Seahawks were in Super Bowl, Pats weren't.
and here,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?id=2568742
1 person picked the patriots to make it to the superbowl. 3 for seattle.

T-Man, Are you from Mass? I ask because I know Fred Smerlas does a radio show down there and was wondering if you have heard him. He is a weekly guest on a sports show here in NY. Boy is he friggin' funny. He swings off of Belichek's nuts a little too much but, other than that, he tells it like it is. The week before Boston played that 5-game series against the Red Sox, he predicted a Yankee sweep. I couldn't believe it. -For the record, I am not a Yankee fan.

I am from Mass bro but no I've never heard Smerlas' radio show. Other than his football days the only thing I really know about him was when he challenged Peter McNeely to a fight and McNeely was too chicken shit to take him up on it....Did he speak about that in N.Y.?

I've seen him on Pats pre game show a few times and you're right if Belichick said the world was flat he'd agree.. I hate people like that!!

It would be cool if you're were a Yankee fan...I'm not a baseball fan at all!!!
In fact I despise it so much I usually go against the Red Sox so I don't have to hear about them right up until Oct...

I was in a fantasy draft last night and grabbed McGahee and Takeo Spikes so I'm hoping for good things from those two Bills at least.. Actually I have no bad blood towards Buffalo and the 1990 Super Bowl was one of the top 5 ever (IMO)

P.S. - I like your signature and couldn't agree with it more!!

fah-q said:
T-Man, Are you from Mass? I ask because I know Fred Smerlas does a radio show down there and was wondering if you have heard him. He is a weekly guest on a sports show here in NY. Boy is he friggin' funny. He swings off of Belichek's nuts a little too much but, other than that, he tells it like it is. The week before Boston played that 5-game series against the Red Sox, he predicted a Yankee sweep. I couldn't believe it. -For the record, I am not a Yankee fan.

Watch out for atlanta. Vick can kiss my ass [well maybe not, no telling what I'd catch] but their defense is going to be scary with the improvements they made at both safety positions [which to be fair, an oak tree would have been an improvement] and adding grady jackson's fat ass to help stop the run along with john abraham on the D line. Along with patrick kerney and rod coleman, they're going to put A LOT of qb's on their asses.

Thirty minutes to the start of the season - woo hoo!

That means 18 weeks of getting my ass kicked in the office football pool.

Ah well... last year, I won the final pot for the Super Bowl squares game. Paid for a new toilet in the downstairs bathroom.

Yep, half hour or so 'til kickoff. I have the pregame on now, and I have a question.......

Why the F* does it seem like every show like this, the performers are either country or hip hop bands? Can hip hop even have bands? Ok, that's a different subject......
But, come on man!! I'm not asking for 'Thrax or Slayer, but how about some ROCK for a change?!

Ok P Puff Daddy Diddy Shiddy is talking, I mean rapping, on stage now. Guess I'm channel surfing for the next 20 minutes.......

AstroCreeper said:
Why the F* does it seem like every show like this, the performers are either country or hip hop bands? Can hip hop even have bands? Ok, that's a different subject......
But, come on man!! I'm not asking for 'Thrax or Slayer, but how about some ROCK for a change?!

They're all booked up with the Indy 500.:Smug:

Atlanta's offense is a joke (A long running one at that!!) Michael Vick SUCKS!!! always has (as a pro) and until he does something..(Like play a whole season) always will!!

But they do have one of the sicker "D"'s in the NFC! With Kearney and now Abraham, Jackson, Milloy, Ed Hartwell, Demorrio Williams, Keith Brooking. If they can get Hall to keep his mouth shut and just play corner...And maybe the coach or someone in the front office wakes up and starts Schaub. I don't think an NFC Title Game would be completely out of the realm of possibility.

Letting Duckett go wasn't the brightest move going...But lets see if Lelie brings anything besides a bad attitude with him from Denver.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Watch out for atlanta. Vick can kiss my ass [well maybe not, no telling what I'd catch] but their defense is going to be scary with the improvements they made at both safety positions [which to be fair, an oak tree would have been an improvement] and adding grady jackson's fat ass to help stop the run along with john abraham on the D line. Along with patrick kerney and rod coleman, they're going to put A LOT of qb's on their asses.

Yeah, Because Aaron Brooks is such a better QB:rolleyes: The numbers at the end of the year for both QB's will make that statement even more ridiculous than it is right now..

thraxx said:
Damn Good thing the raiders didn't get Dante!!!!!!

Not suprising nobody even mentons Cincy. For whatever reason they'll never get any respect no matter how good they do. I honestly think they have a damn good chance of winning it all if they can just stay healthy and keep certain guys out of serious legal trouble. I know that's a big IF but come on, they at least deserve a little credit for turing things around like they have the past few years.

KY_Fried442 said:
Not suprising nobody even mentons Cincy. For whatever reason they'll never get any respect no matter how good they do. I honestly think they have a damn good chance of winning it all if they can just stay healthy and keep certain guys out of serious legal trouble. I know that's a big IF but come on, they at least deserve a little credit for turing things around like they have the past few years.

For years the Bengals were the laughing stock, but I give them credit for the last few years and the improvement they've shown. A lot of that has to go to Marvin Lewis.
They really improved last year, but still ended up looking like fools because of Chad Johnson. Some of his quotes when they won the division-"There's a new sheriff in town", "Were like color tv, the Steelers were black and white all these years". Well, guess what Chad, the season ended back in black and white(gold). It's players like him that make you hate the team.
Looking forward to the Steeler/Bengals games, they've become better than Steelers/Browns or Ravens games.

T_man357 said:
Atlanta's offense is a joke (A long running one at that!!) Michael Vick SUCKS!!!
I wouldn't say their offense is a joke as a whole, after all they have led the league in rushing 2 consecutive years. The PASSING offense however..........

And as far as letting duckett go, they wouldn't have done it if jerious norwood hadn't progressed as rapidly as he has. This kid, barring injury, looks like a future all pro.