O/T Picks And Predictions For The Upcoming NFL Season

Making a prediction on this season. This year Culpepper will have a monster year. Expectations are low for him because he's coming off an injury. My prediction will be Miami and Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Seattle has the cushy NFC West to pad their record and get home field throughout. As was seen last playoffs, Seahawks at Qwest Field are a very very tough team to beat.

And what was that about the Faiderz being 4-0?

I don't think the Miami part of that is is too big a stretch...However The Seahawks had their chance last year..I like Carolina to win the NFC over The Cowboys. Isn't that kind of a joke that the only way Seattle can make the playoffs is based on playing in a talentless division? Their damn lucky that they got moved out of the AFC WEST!!

Oakland's 4-1 record in the preseason is about as impressive as the Steelers 0-4 record...Meaning, The preseason don't mean shit!!

Riehlthing said:
Making a prediction on this season. This year Culpepper will have a monster year. Expectations are low for him because he's coming off an injury. My prediction will be Miami and Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Seattle has the cushy NFC West to pad their record and get home field throughout. As was seen last playoffs, Seahawks at Qwest Field are a very very tough team to beat.

And what was that about the Faiderz being 4-0?

thraxx said:
Well since EVERYONE seems to hate the Raiders..... I must..... and remember the clutch kicker is gone..... the Brady Bunch is gone!!!!
I am a lifelong Bills fan and even I am not in denial about the Pats making the playoffs. Even thought the Pats are in worse shape than last year, they have a couple of things going for them. Bellichek and their division. The Jets are going to be so bad, they will probably be asked to quit the NFL. The Bills ( I am a lifelong Bills fan) will be lucky to win 6 games. The Dolphins have a QB with a mended knee, behind a line that has starters cut from Buffalo, a running back who has always shared the load with another back (Cadillac/Ricky), a wideout who has nobody to draw the double team away and a defense that is so old, some of the linebackers graduated with Jesus. What I am saying is, even if the Pats suck, they won't suck as bad as the rest of their division.

T_man357 said:
S.I. has The Pats going 14-2!! Now they know what they're talking about!!
Dr. Z of SI picked Buffalo to win all 4 Super Bowls too. If I ever see him, I will punch him right in the throat.

Peterson?? You don't mean Julian Peterson, who was injured every other year for the 49ers do you?? Hell Lofa Tatupu will have a better year than Peterson will...Can you say OVERPAID!!!!

Tell you something else too. If The Seahawks end up with Deion Branch you can apply the OVERPAID tag to him as well.. Seattle's in for a return to mediocrity this year for as fortunate as they were with all the teams better than them getting hit with injuries all at once at the end of the season..That shouldn't happen again. Hold their own with any team in the NFC..That's laughable!! You should've put WEST at the end of NFC.

Riehlthing said:
Seattle's Defense will be alot better with Peterson, and having Hamlin back. They can hold their own against any other team in the NFC.

T_man357 said:
Peterson?? You don't mean Julian Peterson, who was injured every other year for the 49ers do you?? Hell Lofa Tatupu will have a better year than Peterson will...Can you say OVERPAID!!!!FONT]
I have to agree. The Seahawks would be better off with William Petersen than Julian Peterson. Tatupu is a stud though. I was kind of hoping the Jets would overpay for Branch, solidifying them at the cellar of the AFC Least. I need Buffalo to be better than someone!

I'm not a Bills fan (obviously) But I love London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes!!
Two excellent free agent pickups I don't know what the Rams and Bengals were thinking when they let those guys free.

Obviously I'm not a Jets fan either...But Jonathan Vilma is the second coming of Ray Lewis!! The kid is a STUD!!! Watch him...Also for as bad as the Jets are offensively their defense is pretty sick and will probably win some games for them.I'm hoping not...(But I have to be honest.)

I hate Miami worst than any team in the AFC EAST and they probably have the best chance of giving The Pats a run for the division...Super Bowl bound they're not!! But they should be a solid 10 or 11 win team this year (If Daunte and Ronnie Brown stay healthy)

ps - That William Petersen comment gave me a good laugh!!! Thanks man..

fah-q said:
I have to agree. The Seahawks would be better off with William Petersen than Julian Peterson. Tatupu is a stud though. I was kind of hoping the Jets would overpay for Branch, solidifying them at the cellar of the AFC Least. I need Buffalo to be better than someone!

T_man357 said:
I'm not a Bills fan (obviously) But I love London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes!!
Two excellent free agent pickups I don't know what the Rams and Bengals were thinking when they let those guys free.

Obviously I'm not a Jets fan either...But Jonathan Vilma is the second coming of Ray Lewis!! The kid is a STUD!!! Watch him...Also for as bad as the Jets are offensively their defense is pretty sick and will probably win some games for them.I'm hoping not...(But I have to be honest.)

I hate Miami worst than any team in the AFC EAST and they probably have the best chance of giving The Pats a run for the division...Super Bowl bound they're not!! But they should be a solid 10 or 11 win team this year (If Daunte and Ronnie Brown stay healthy)

ps - That William Petersen comment gave me a good laugh!!! Thanks man..
The Jets will maybe win 4 games. They will be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes. They passed on Leinert because they knew it.
The Rams let Fletcher go because Martz is a stooge who thought his offense could win it all. He is the Buddy Ryan of offense and the Buddy Ryan of head coaching.
Miami is so vastly overrated. Bennie Anderson is starting at Guard for them. He was so bad, Buffalo was letting a converted Tight End start over him at the end of last year. Culpepper has all of the physical gifts but, cannot read defenses and tosses pics when pressured. I don't see Ronnie being able to handle 300+ carries. Jason Taylor is a stud but, can his back hold up? Zach Thomas is one of the good guys in the NFL but, he is old.
I still can't believe NE signed Seau. He is so overrated. Bellichek is big on players sticking to their assignments on D. Seau is know for "freelancing". I wonder how long it will be before Bill puts him on the bench.

Seau's only a Patriot because he's smart enough to learn the defense..Think about it The Pats have gone through Chad Brown, Monty Beisel, Rooselvet Colvin and a few others...Seau's just there until Bruschi's wrist 100% heals.

fah-q said:
I still can't believe NE signed Seau. He is so overrated. Bellichek is big on players sticking to their assignments on D. Seau is know for "freelancing". I wonder how long it will be before Bill puts him on the bench.

T_man357 said:
Peterson?? You don't mean Julian Peterson, who was injured every other year for the 49ers do you?? Hell Lofa Tatupu will have a better year than Peterson will...Can you say OVERPAID!!!!

Tell you something else too. If The Seahawks end up with Deion Branch you can apply the OVERPAID tag to him as well.. Seattle's in for a return to mediocrity this year for as fortunate as they were with all the teams better than them getting hit with injuries all at once at the end of the season..That shouldn't happen again. Hold their own with any team in the NFC..That's laughable!! You should've put WEST at the end of NFC.
Branch would not be the primary receiver in Seattle. He'll fit in with Jackson, Engram and Burleson. And play more if Jackson is hurt some still. As for Peterson, that's why espn experts have put that as one of the most important signings of this last off season.

I have absoloutely no use for Patriots fans. I see the Seahawks having a better team than the Pats. All I hear is blah blah blah.

And the Faiderz were smart in cutting George today.

:lol: :loco: :loco: :loco: :kickass: ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Jeff George's attempted comeback into the NFL is over for now. George, who has not played in an NFL game since 2001, was among 20 players who were released or placed on injured reserve by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday

I seem to remember you making up a whole bunch of stories last year too..
I've watched just about every episode of NFL Live this year and not once did they mention Julian Peterson as "The best off season signing of the year"
If my memory serves me correctly that honor went to the Dolphins getting Culpepper for what they did.

As far as your dislike for the Pats...Winners are usually disliked!! And The Seahawks aren't even a better team than the Browns...Face it the clock struck midnight for Cinderella last year...They weren't even the best team out of the NFC last year.

And as far as your Branch comment goes...Again you should probably get yourself informed before posting such shit and making yourself look like a jackass http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2570152 I seriously doubt they'd pay this type of money for a bench warmer.

Riehlthing said:
Branch would not be the primary receiver in Seattle. He'll fit in with Jackson, Engram and Burleson. And play more if Jackson is hurt some still. As for Peterson, that's why espn experts have put that as one of the most important signings of this last off season.

I have absoloutely no use for Patriots fans. I see the Seahawks having a better team than the Pats. All I hear is blah blah blah.

Congrats Thraxx!!:kickass:

thraxx said:
:lol: :loco: :loco: :loco: :kickass: ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Jeff George's attempted comeback into the NFL is over for now. George, who has not played in an NFL game since 2001, was among 20 players who were released or placed on injured reserve by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday

Riehlthing said:

Branch is a great role-player but, at 6 years/36mill, that is waaaay too much loot for a role player.
I agree in that hearing about the Pats is getting old but, the bottom line is, they win games. Until they string a couple of losing years together, we are all going to have to hear it.

Here's their power rankings so far.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=1
and notice said one of the best moves. edge moving to arizona to play behind no o-line was one, and I already talked about culpepper.
here's the seahawks preview...looks pretty damn good for them.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?page=Seahawks/06
and the patriots...their preview is just glowing, isn't it?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?page=Patriots/06

If you took the names out of the previews, I would take the Seahawks as the better team. But, you're a new england fan who knows tons about football east of the mississippi r. Blah Blah Blah, what have you done for me lately? Seahawks were in Super Bowl, Pats weren't.
and here,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?id=2568742
1 person picked the patriots to make it to the superbowl. 3 for seattle.

QUOTE=Riehlthing]Here's their power rankings so far.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=1
and notice said one of the best moves. edge moving to arizona to play behind no o-line was one, and I already talked about culpepper.
here's the seahawks preview...looks pretty damn good for them.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?page=Seahawks/06
and the patriots...their preview is just glowing, isn't it?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?page=Patriots/06

If you took the names out of the previews, I would take the Seahawks as the better team. But, you're a new england fan who knows tons about football east of the mississippi r. Blah Blah Blah, what have you done for me lately? Seahawks were in Super Bowl, Pats weren't.
and here,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?id=2568742
1 person picked the patriots to make it to the superbowl. 3 for seattle.[/QUOTE]
While I can appreciate the rankings, you have to understand, they are just rankings and predictions. In 99 when the Rams won the Super Bowl, they weren't even projected to make the playoffs. In 2000, when the Pats won, the Rams were favored and the Pats were not even picked to make the playoffs. This past year, the 'Hawks got beat by a team that, on paper, is not nearly as good as Seattle. The point I am trying to make is, projections, picks, power rankings don't mean shit. You still have to play the games.
BTW, Buffalo was a heavy favorite to win in 90 against the Giants. We all know how that went. . . :puke: