Octavarium Clips

sknight said:
Just heard the two radio edits (Panic Attack and These Walls). I was not impressed. I will leave it open to say that they are edits, but these songs sounded awful.

well I have to admit.......Panic Attack...(the solo section)sounded once again too wankish...very mechanical ....no feeling....I like the rest of the song though.........These Walls...... sounds good to my ears right now..sorta of Awake...SFAM...I like it very well........................................................................talk amongst yourselves......

Dark Lucidity said:
man, people keep saying they got the new DT album but its just labries stuff... i actually like the song "Freak" from EoP :p

Awake owns!!

I dont have realplayer :( went looking for samples on kazza.. no luck. Just EoP tracks. o_O
I have LaBrie's album. Got it the day it was released. The Octavarium songs I have are the radio edits to the songs I mentioned. They were recorded from a radio station that's playing the promo radio edits. I happen to like LaBrie's album.

Unfortunately, I think DT is on the decline, or they're going into a direction that's going to mimic Metallica, maybe.

sknight said:
I have LaBrie's album. Got it the day it was released. The Octavarium songs I have are the radio edits to the songs I mentioned. They were recorded from a radio station that's playing the promo radio edits. I happen to like LaBrie's album.

Unfortunately, I think DT is on the decline, or they're going into a direction that's going to mimic Metallica, maybe.

nu metal? :dopey:

LaBrie's album wasn't bad at all. Extremely heavy, though it did have softer parts that came off well, too...that one part almost sounded like he was recording himself crying (or mimicking the sound very well).

I've only heard it once, though, so it's too early for me to come up with a clear rating on it.

I've also heard the two radio edits, it's out on a so called 'web promo', whatever that's supposed to mean. It's very melodic and heavy (but less heavy than ToT), but the production is a bit cleaner than ToT. I like both tracks very much, if the rest of the album is as good as these two tracks are, I might even like Octavrium better than ToT (I liked ToT).

its not really rap. its just a different rhythmic/vocal style. if people think that's what defines rap... well....... :tickled:

rap is much more than rhyming words quickly.

Silent Song said:
its not really rap. its just a different rhythmic/vocal style. if people think that's what defines rap... well....... :tickled:

rap is much more than rhyming words quickly.

Word. I think we've established that James Labrie can't really rap, if you want a rapper, then it'd be Daniel GIldenlow :)

Hah. Jus' Kiddin'