Octavarium Clips

soundgarden said:
Same here, even though I only like IaW and SFAM. I never bash DT. I rarely bash any bands in fact.

Now where is that Black metal bashing thread :heh:

woah watch it there...........it was a combination effort from Rose Immortal and Metropolis that started the bashing

I only encouraged it

and i like all the Albums by Dream Theater and all the albums by Symphony X equally.

Odysseus--thanks for the Chroma Key information. :)

To wayne...really it's only Rudess I've got it in for, NOT the whole of Dream Theater. ;)

Bashing any art is a waste of effort. Why not spend more time building up that which you like instead of wasting time bashing that which you don't like (or, for that matter, understand)?

Personally, I LOVE everything that DT has done, though I don't listen to their first disc - it just doesn't do it for me.

I also LOVE everything that SX has done, though I don't listen to their first disc - it just doesn't do it for me.

Hmmm... an echo... ;)

Anyway...back to the topic at hand...if I remember seeing MP's forum correctly...there was a big fuss about the clips and back cover artwork being released and they forced the sites to stop the activity. Anyone know where I can hear the clips?

MorphineChild205 said:
I agree on both points.

I love 6DoiT disc one...not a dud on there. In my opinion, Misunderstood is probably the weakest track on disc one (but it's still excellent) and either The Glass Prison or Blind Faith is the best. I'm not too fond of disc two, though...I mainly just like TTTSTA and About to Crash (Reprise).

As for ToT, Stream is my favorite song on there...and it's all about that classical ending. There's no doubt in my mind that Rudess wrote that, and it's absolutely brilliant! ITNOG and HTF are also awesome tunes.

+1

MetalMan57 said:
I am a Dream Theater Fan and I come in peace...I love both DT's and SX's entire discography. It seems many of you are itchin for a fight. Whats wrong with liking both of them? They both rock your sox of. Id hate to tell you guys but I am going to Gigantour...I am going to go watch symphony X's full set, bang my head, throw up the horns and scream very loudly...right after that...I am going to go watch Dream Theater's full set, bang my head, throw up the horns and scream just as loud if not louder. It seems like some people have a problem with that

As this man knows, I really respect Dream Theater. Up until Six Degrees, I think all of their stuff is pure fucking gold. Even some tracks on Six Degrees are pretty awesome. But after that... ugh. Where's the melody? I heard the whole song "Sacrificed Sons" and it's total numetal. I'm losing faith quickly.

Edit: Good to see you at the SX forum, man.

ShokaiShimizu said:
JLB's shit is genuinely heavier than the last 2 Dream Theater records that were released.

tsk tsk. you must really hate labrie, but im sure you can find better things to do than mindlessly bash an album that many people here actually enjoy believe it or not. :hotjump:

wayne, I'm not being sarcastic, I really like the album, and it is much heavier than the last two DT records. lol sorry if that came off the wrong way, no don't get me wrong, I do like it quite a lot.

man, people keep saying they got the new DT album but its just labries stuff... i actually like the song "Freak" from EoP :p

Awake owns!!

I dont have realplayer :( went looking for samples on kazza.. no luck. Just EoP tracks. o_O