Octavarium Clips

Interesting.

I have not yet heard enough to be convinced to get it, though. I'm gonna have to know a lot more about it first. While it's promising that the track times are short for all but the last 2 (more control in the compositions?), I still am not sure. I'll wait for the first round of reviews to start coming in first.

soundgarden said:
http://www.bol.de/shop/bde_homestartseite/artikeldetails/ID6387133.html

You will need Real Player.

I didn't get a chance to listen to them yet but I have been seeing very good comments all over DT forums.

Enjoy :)

Of course you're going to hear good comments all over the DT forums....

Sounds better than ToT, but thats not saying much because that album blew loads of goat.

Still not enough for me to give a real opinion, but I'll give it a shot when I can hear some full song clips.

DT.net is the most lame bunch of sucks on the internet. All afraid of criticism. ToT was nothing special. Boring, in fact, with no classics.

God forbid you mention SX over there, the shit hits the fan and splatters. They generate a war between DT and SX in their heads over there.

Being perfectly honest, the clips are awful, but I've heard clips from great albums and seen they still sound like shit.

sknight said:
God forbid you mention SX over there, the shit hits the fan and splatters. They generate a war between DT and SX in their heads over there.

Now that IS ironic considering that Mike Portnoy actually has NICE things to say about SymX...

maybe Mike does, but a good portion of his fans don't. :(

i like both bands. not going to listen to these clips because realplayer blows more loads of goats than anything previously mentioned.

sknight said:
DT.net is the most lame bunch of sucks on the internet. All afraid of criticism. ToT was nothing special. Boring, in fact, with no classics.

Being perfectly honest, the clips are awful, but I've heard clips from great albums and seen they still sound like shit.

Sknight your right on...you should go to the MP forum...that bunch can actually turn you off DT...I never seen so much ass kissing in my life, heaven forbid you make one neg comment...you'll be banned...what a joke...Lets be honest DT had their day...their last two albums were mediocre and from the clips I just listened to...add a third :yuk:

I liked ToT better than any other DT cd. The riffs were heavier, I liked the production better, and while most people accuse petrucci of just wanking, those solos are ridiculous. Most importantly, LaBrie didnt sound like a whiny little out of key girl. LaBrie sounded alright in those clips but the music sounded boring as hell.

come on people. how can you say that the sample riff from panic attack is not just as kick ass as the King of Terrors riff. I think panic attack riff rocks even more. as to the other samples, none of which are as heavy as the panic attack riff, i think there is some promising material there. it's only short clips. i mean, they didn't even have one second of any guitar or bass solo on the clips. you people are nuts who say dream theater's better days are over.

i didn't say you couldn't express your opinion, i just think you and others are nuts. that's all. on a side note, michael romeo liked train of thought. i heard him say it with my own two ears. he said he likes images and words better, but he hardly thinks their better days are over. that's just romeo's opinion, and he has every right to express it like anyone else. i just don't think romeo is crazy though. :loco: :headbang: