Off-Topic

O.K. Before you read this here's a little backstory and info:

This is only a part of the poetic series I'm writing. The series is called "Evolution of The Machine" or "EoTM" and I'm writing it with multiple people. This one that I'm going to show you is completely written by me. This series is not released yet so this is the first public release of any of the poems. The story of the series is focuses around a man who created machines to improve the world and bring glory to himself. These machines were glorious. The maker of these machines was the master of false genetics and artificial intelligence and highly praised for his works. One of his creations was so lifelike and real that he had to replace them with other machines... So the machine that was thrown out and put away with all of his other failed works. This machine grew angry and decided to break out and recreate machines similar to his master's... similar to him. These machines he created were far more dangerous than his master's though. And one shocking thing appeared in these machines... Mechanical evolution and mutations. So these machines set out capture the original creator of false genetics and the first of these machines. They destroy everything in their path and destroy everything in the creator's life. He is left with nothing. His reputation destroyed, his love taken away by his own creation, and the entire world is cast beneath the shadows of his mistake of creating such machines.

-[Evolution of The Machine]- (By MINARD777)

[I- Lost And Blind]

I try to scream through walls of glass
I try to see through clouds of grey
And through the gate I try to pass
But how do I know this is the way?

Lost inside this wasteland
A journey through the void
A map unseen in my hand
Their traps I can't avoid

I can't seem to find the way
Though the answer's not so far
I wander the night in search of day
I burn myself to hide the scars

I cannot read what it's saying to me
The words slip from my mind
I cannot see! What is my destiny?
What will come of all mankind?

Only the master holds the keys
To brighter distant lands
Only the glorious master sees
The map that lies within my hands

Where is the master?
Where is my call?
A slave I am to the shadow caster
This twisted tale begins to fall

Collapsing into this mechanical inferno!!!!

[II- The “Mighty”/The War]

The sun of the age of man descends
The Shadows cast prevail!
The blackened sun of hate ascends
Your world under our veil!

WE THE MIGHTY ONES OF STEEL!
We come in hate, we come for war!
NEVER COME WILL WE TO HEAL!
We come in hate to shut the door!

We are the ones to rule the lands
We take away your life, now it's within our hands

WE, THE ONES OF STEEL!!!!

No turning back
Creator of this madness
No keeping track
Of every tear of sadness

We, your pride, once lifted high
Were tossed into the fire
I'd never let this nation die!
Creator just a liar?

Machines were made to take our place
But I just couldn't let it go
A heart of steel was shown no grace
How couldn't you see my anger grow?

...AND NOW I RULE THE WORLD!!!!

[III- Evolution]

The machines begin to slowly change
Mutations appear, it's all so strange

Evolution appears
In their civilization
We cry bloody tears
For the devastation

Madness takes control
I have nowhere to run!
Oh how sadness takes it's toll
And takes away the sun!

Legions of steel
Begin to form
Our wounds can't heal
Within this storm

Mechanical metamorphosis
And a false genetics appear
You ask me “What will come of this?”
But I just shed another tear

...For they are after me!!!!

Off topic (of course): It's amusing/annoying that nobody believes me when I say I'm a pacifist. Maybe wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts most of the time has something to do with it...

I joined this forum a few months ago, posted a "hello," and was warmly welcomed. Then I forgot about it.:lol: I'm going to be around for real this time, but I'm not posting because I expect a "welcome" or "welcome back," even...just letting y'all know. The reason I'm back is because I've been listening to theocracy lately. XD

Off topic (of course): It's amusing/annoying that nobody believes me when I say I'm a pacifist. Maybe wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts most of the time has something to do with it...

Hmm. Well, as you know, I'm new here, so I don't know your views. But real pacifists, I would think, believe in nonviolence in all conceivable situations. I know this because I used to call myself a pacifist but have since abandoned the label since it doesn't describe me; I believe in just war and I don't think violence is necessarily wrong if used in self-defense.

What I am against is any and all aggression. In other words, initiating violence is always wrong. It may be hard for people to believe your a pacifist because truly pacifist views are extremely rare.

I don't understand pure pacifism myself, to be honest. Nothing against people who hold that view, though.:D

Wearing Iron Maiden T-shirts might have something to do with it, depending on the shirt. Especially if it's got the Eddie from "Killers." XD

Killers is one of my least favorite Maiden albums, but that says more about the great quality of their music overall than a lack of quality on the part of the album itself.

All of their albums rock!

But real pacifists, I would think, believe in nonviolence in all conceivable situations. ... What I am against is any and all aggression. In other words, initiating violence is always wrong.

That's a pretty good summary of how I feel, yeah.

And yeah, Maiden is pretty much the greatest band ever.

As an aside, it's kind of ironic that people think that I'm violent because of them, because of all their anti-war songs like 2 Minutes To Midnight, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Legacy, and Mother of Mercy. But whatever. Also, I get a lot of people claiming that they're a death metal band, which just makes me go :err: :guh: :yow:
Wearing Iron Maiden T-shirts might have something to do with it, depending on the shirt. Especially if it's got the Eddie from "Killers." XD

Not that it matters, but I've got The Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, and The Final Frontier shirts with the album covers.

So like....I need a little medical advice.
My nose was runny yesterday, and I avoided going to the gym since that would only drain and tire my body.
Usually, when I get the cold, I can never lose it, and I get a fever, and lie in bed for a week or two, which is, if I'm not mistaken, a few days longer than expected.

I think it's got something to do with my genes, but anyways.
I went out last night, a friend of mine turned 18 and I got frisky with a couple of beers and some drinks. It was nothing special, it's just that it wasn't exactly the greatest thing to do while dealing with a cold.

I woke up with a 37.5 °C fever which is around 99° fahrenheit I believe.

I know from experience it's only gonna get worse. Yeah... The thing is I got class Monday and I'd hate to miss it.

What's the best way to deal with a cold/fever?
I know showering is a great way to reduce it and I must drink lots of fluids...water, tea...
Any discussion of over-the-counter medicine would be pointless, since I can't compare your products with mine :(

Can you give me some advice otherwise on how to stop this cold in its earliest stage?
I can't miss class on Monday.
What do you usually do to treat it?
Can I hasten its demise?