Off-Topic

See, Mirror of Souls grabbed be right from the get-go. It went to the top of my charts very quickly. It's easily the best thing I've heard from Theocracy, and quite possibly my all-time favorite song.

Something about the song just pulls me in, and holds my attention despite the length. I especially love the lyrics. Speaking of which, I find it interesting that a song this long is mostly narrative - no extended instrumentals here. That's kind of unusual and pretty cool.

Dude...the very first time I heard Mirror of Souls (the title track), I was reduced to a heap of tears...really sucked because I was at work at the time. Imagine seeing a big, fat. 40-year-old computer programmer almost sobbing at the keyboard in his cubicle. Not a pretty sight.

And as far as the rest of the album...on the very first listen, I was really digging Eagle's Wings...then LTDTR came on...then Bethlehem...by then, I knew I was listening to one of the best albums of all time...this was before even cracking open MoS as the piece de resistance.

---Prem

Heh. I'll be honest - I've teared up a bit at the finale of MoS a few times myself. That part really gets me.

Dude...the very first time I heard Mirror of Souls (the title track), I was reduced to a heap of tears...really sucked because I was at work at the time. Imagine seeing a big, fat. 40-year-old computer programmer almost sobbing at the keyboard in his cubicle. Not a pretty sight.

And as far as the rest of the album...on the very first listen, I was really digging Eagle's Wings...then LTDTR came on...then Bethlehem...by then, I knew I was listening to one of the best albums of all time...this was before even cracking open MoS as the piece de resistance.

---Prem

Now I'm picturing this... :popcorn: Haha!

Ahhh, I get teary eyed just about everytime I hear MoS. Great song. The other song that gets me is 'The Writing in the Sand'.

Note to self: Don't get CDs from the library anymore. You'll just get your hopes up of finally hearing Yes's Close To The Edge and Styx's Edge Of The Century, only to find that both the disks are too scratched to be uploaded. :mad:

Note to self: Don't get CDs from the library anymore. You'll just get your hopes up of finally hearing Yes's Close To The Edge and Styx's Edge Of The Century, only to find that both the disks are too scratched to be uploaded. :mad:

I got a Pink Floyd album (Greatest Hits actually, "Echos") and it had the 2nd disc missing... fail!

They gave Nightwish's Once a 6.5.

That kind of irks me too. And that reviewer didn't even mention Ghost Love Score, which I found odd. I mean, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but it's the big epic piece on the album and it just gets ignored?

To be fair, another other reviewer on that site did give the album a 9.5.

That kind of irks me too. And that reviewer didn't even mention Ghost Love Score, which I found odd. I mean, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but it's the big epic piece on the album and it just gets ignored?

I noticed that too!

My three favorite albums, ever are-

Nightwish - Once
Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Epica - Design Your Universe

and the site trashed the first two, and I didn't have the heart to look the third up :p

Nice! I'm seeing the original on Saturday on DVD (somehow, I never saw it - I'm still not sure how that happened) and seeing the new one in 3-D on Sunday. Glad to hear it's going to be worthwhile!

Hey guys, I need your help but I won't bother you with opening a new thread... I want to get my gf a 30 seconds to Mars t-shirt, since she loves the band, but I can't seem to find a design nice enough...
I've never bought anything online so I have trouble finding a decent deal. Could you maybe help me out?

Bear in mind it's an 18yo girl so nothing manly or kiddy, she just likes the band and I wanna make her happy.

Note: it's not for Christmas, so if shipping's late I won't mind, just find me a decent shirt please :))

Do any of you get tired of living online? I don't mean to insult anyone, but in my own experience it's kind of tiresome coming home every day knowing I have the "obligation" of visiting facebook, ultimatemetal and some other pages. It's like it's a chore and I feel as if I'm left behind if I skip that part of a day...

Do any of you get tired of living online? I don't mean to insult anyone, but in my own experience it's kind of tiresome coming home every day knowing I have the "obligation" of visiting facebook, ultimatemetal and some other pages. It's like it's a chore and I feel as if I'm left behind if I skip that part of a day...

i get this feeling some times too, lol. To me (talking about facebook and forums) its just something that provides an easy way to take my mind off things when i just need a break from whatever i'm doing. like right now, i'm recording some music (which is a lot of work i might add) and i decided to take a quick break and see what people are talking about on here! I don't think you should feel obligated to get on facebook or anything, just log on when you feel like you have time to/need a break!