Off-Topic

Ehem... this is the off topic thread... do what you want... :dopey:

I mean come on I made this so I could troll... ;).

Well all I was gonna say is how is it any less crazy that a rapture/end of the world event will happen in 200 years instead of tomorrow?

Carrot dangling! Gotta keep people chasing the ideal.

Well all I was gonna say is how is it any less crazy that a rapture/end of the world event will happen in 200 years instead of tomorrow?

Well look... in my opinion... we can't assume ANYTHING and estimate the end... at all. We might as well give up. :lol:

There are enough places in the Bible (and I know you don't believe in it but your question was how is it any less crazy in 200 years so...) that say we won't know the date or the hour, so if someone predicts it, its likely just a bunch of crap

Mark 13, Matthew24 and Luke 21 if you want to read about it!
Basically The passages talk about 3 things: 1) the destruction of the Temple and 2) the signs of the end of time 3) Jesus second coming

There are enough places in the Bible (and I know you don't believe in it but your question was how is it any less crazy in 200 years so...) that say we won't know the date or the hour, so if someone predicts it, its likely just a bunch of crap

Yes, but say it will happen is a prediction without a date is all. I understand why this would pull some people in though. It allows for the possiblity virtually without time constrants.

New to boards :)
Acts 1
Disciples ask when you coming back/restoring your Kingdom?
Acts 1:7.
Jesus says essentially, men will not know what time God has set.

Ipso Facto, if somebody "knows"/predicts when it's going to happen, it will not be at that time.

New to boards :)
Acts 1
Disciples ask when you coming back/restoring your Kingdom?
Acts 1:7.
Jesus says essentially, men will not know what time God has set.

Ipso Facto, if somebody "knows"/predicts when it's going to happen, it will not be at that time.

Well yes, I'm aware of this. I'm saying it's a defense mechanism within in the bible to keep dangling the carrot in front it's believers to keep them ever seeking. It's intentionally vague.

Well yes, I'm aware of this. I'm saying it's a defense mechanism within in the bible to keep dangling the carrot in front it's believers to keep them ever seeking. It's intentionally vague.

But the mechanism didn´t work, the dates keep comming but the real end not...

We should be more worryed about our relation with God than the date of the end of the world!:headbang:

Aaaannndddd of course you would say that. One could easily say such a thing about ANYTHING. Hahaha! :lol:

Aaaannndddd of course you would say that. One could easily say such a thing about ANYTHING. Hahaha! :lol:

No, actually we couldn't. Say the bible actually said.......By "July 20th 1789", after that the carrot is rotting, and that's the thing. Very few things in life attempt or are thought to be "forever".

It's not "forever". Look you have nothing to back the stuff you say up. I can't prove you wrong but you can't prove yourself right. It's like me saying that Bill Gates is an Alien. PROVE IT TO ME HE'S NOT OR IM AUTOMATICALLY RIGHT! Wait... I sound like you don't I? ;)

It's not "forever". Look you have nothing to back the stuff you say up. I can't prove you wrong but you can't prove yourself right. It's like me saying that Bill Gates is an Alien. PROVE IT TO ME HE'S NOT OR IM AUTOMATICALLY RIGHT! Wait... I sound like you don't I? ;)

No that would be an argument from ignorance, my argument does not work that way.

However the argument I made has not been refuted, nor can it be unless the event described in the bible happens, the fact that it's been 2000 years suggests to us that no such event will ever happen (Much like Ragnorok).

Saying it's coming everyday is no different from saying anything of the sort, one day people will fly on magic carpets, one day vistors from space will come, one day......etc. These are extreme suppositions.