Off-Topic

Not true at all. Let me ask you one thing... Where have you pulled this crap from? You are very ignorant and cocky at the same time. How old are you? You speak as if you've roamed this world for years but by the looks of your profile pic you HAVE NOT!

Not true at all. Let me ask you one thing... Where have you pulled this crap from? You are very ignorant and cocky at the same time. How old are you? You speak as if you've roamed this world for years but by the looks of your profile pic you HAVE NOT!

Age has nothing to do with my reasoning, stay on topic.

As for where logic comes from I suggest reading Aristotle, again you can't actually refute my argument, unless you can do so repeating "Not true" in every post is meaningless.

Well yes, I'm aware of this. I'm saying it's a defense mechanism within in the bible to keep dangling the carrot in front it's believers to keep them ever seeking. It's intentionally vague.
Just a good valid point. I can follow this completely from your perspective.

I have this nasty habit of opening topics where people regularly post even though I don't read the material..and I don't plan on participating, but I seem to recall reading something about the second coming of Jesus being mentioned throughout history? If you guys did mention that I'd just like to point out that I am not an ass, nor a mule and I don't really like carrots that much.
Jesus' "second coming" is a metaphor for the end of the world, or more precisely the end of each person's life.

As I see it, Jesus second coming is a fact, not only in the book of revelation, but Jesus himself said that he will come back, and revelations sais he will reign for 1000 years... but that is not the end of time, we are inmortals so our time doesn´t end, just change...

The Bible also says that the world was created in a week, yet it seems unlikely, it's symbolism.

Jesus' sacrifice is a metaphor itself. His teachings are food for the soul and are necessary for survival of a pure soul as is bread (food) necessary for the survival of our worldly bodies. The Eucharist is of the greatest importance. Accepting Christ is necessary for eternal life.

Miracles do happen, but most that I've witnessed had a rational explanation... and some will take them as logical occurrences and won't care about the seemingly divine.

--
Not to sound like a complete douche but don't you think it's lazy to expect a "second coming" and do nothing about it.
Why not dress ourselves in camel skin and try to do as much good as we can. Let's create Heaven on Earth by doing good and inspiring others to do good. After all it's what Jesus in actuality wanted... He came and He did what He had to do, and now it's up to us to make Him proud.

What makes a 6 day creation unlikely?

Acts 1:8 "...you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Doesn't sound like we're to "do nothing" to me.

Arnock..you're on a Christian metal forum, you're preaching to the wrong crowd :)

It's unlikely by atheist standards, it defies logic and laws of nature...you can go right ahead and say our God is an omnipotent one, but just because he can doesn't mean he will or needs to.
I find it more plausible that He set the chess pieces just the way he planned it and let the play unfold on its own.

Aletheus - context fail. The bible does not say the world was created in a week - it says 7 days. Now, there is no direct translation between our mathematical approach to 24 hour days and old-school Aramaic. The closest translation is a word that specifies some length of time, but that time was not set. It literally translated to "an expanse of time" Thus, in Genesis, "first day," "second day," etc are just there for chronology (ie - first, next, then, afterward, finally)

1) Remember we are pilgrims in this land, and we are going to go to heaven with God some day
2) It its not preaching just for non christians, we do need, after being saved, grow up in sactity
3) Also we have to be like Jesus, he is our role model so we, every day, have to be like Him.
4) God is on top of everything, even the time in "human standard", we do not understand God as we understand many things
5) Yes, there are some symbolism in the Bible, but, there are real facts, Joshua 1:8 says: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
We don´t have just read the Bible, we have to meditate on what you read.

Aletheus - context fail. The bible does not say the world was created in a week - it says 7 days. Now, there is no direct translation between our mathematical approach to 24 hour days and old-school Aramaic. The closest translation is a word that specifies some length of time, but that time was not set. It literally translated to "an expanse of time" Thus, in Genesis, "first day," "second day," etc are just there for chronology (ie - first, next, then, afterward, finally)

Well that doesn't differ much from what I said.
It can still be seen as a metaphor.

Being in the middle of schoolwork and lacking time to read this whole thing, I'm probably gonna get yelled at for saying this without reading the whole conversation (pessimism!) but...

This reminds me of a conversation my street evangelism group was having with a Jehovah's Witness a few weeks ago. They were saying that Jesus Christ couldn't be God because he had died. But, we shouldn't restrict God's powers, right? Well, if we say God can't die, we're restricting his abilities. Therefore, literally anything is possible for God.

I don't know, that's just me. Being random and not reading whole conversations~ *wanders off*

Being in the middle of schoolwork and lacking time to read this whole thing, I'm probably gonna get yelled at for saying this without reading the whole conversation (pessimism!) but...

This reminds me of a conversation my street evangelism group was having with a Jehovah's Witness a few weeks ago. They were saying that Jesus Christ couldn't be God because he had died. But, we shouldn't restrict God's powers, right? Well, if we say God can't die, we're restricting his abilities. Therefore, literally anything is possible for God.

I don't know, that's just me. Being random and not reading whole conversations~ *wanders off*

Don´t worry, this is a Off-topic thread, and yes God is almighty but it is interesting, God will not sin, or lie He can´t do that, or he can?, some others say that He can´t erase what has happend till today
this is tricky....
cause we can´t understand the whole picture, is like trying to explain how works a computer to a 1 year old child, there is a lack of many things

Well is the frist time that I heard about him, and I get this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Hahn
I am not a Catholic, Pentecost or Presbyterian, for me the religions or sects, pastors, theologians or preachers will not save me. My prime goal is my relation with God.
I am not saying that the work of pastors, theologians or preachers are a wasted time cause they try their best to understand God´s will and that is okay, but I won´t make their words mine unless the bilble tell me so!
Jesus didn´t said go and make Religion, rules, doctrines, books, ideas, theories, He said: I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth! Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world. Matthew 26:18-20.
I am not judging cause I am not perfect just saying what I think

Well is the frist time that I heard about him, and I get this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Hahn
I am not a Catholic, Pentecost or Presbyterian, for me the religions or sects, pastors, theologians or preachers will not save me. My prime goal is my relation with God.
I am not saying that the work of pastors, theologians or preachers are a wasted time cause they try their best to understand God´s will and that is okay, but I won´t make their words mine unless the bilble tell me so!
Jesus didn´t said go and make Religion, rules, doctrines, books, ideas, theories, He said: I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth! Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world. Matthew 26:18-20.
I am not judging cause I am not perfect just saying what I think

This is great, good wording! Have you ever heard "Die Religion, Die" byt Brian 'Head' Welch or "I Just Know" by Disciple? this post reminded me of those songs :p