Official Football Thread

Good things about Liverpool: Steven Gerrard :)notwothy!!); Michael Owen; Sami Hyypiä; they play in red; they aren't Man U.

Bad things about Liverpool: Number of foreigners in the squad; Vladimir Smicer; boring style of play recently.

My hand is half-raised. :D

ouagadougou said:
Riise, Hyypiä, Sjölund !!:eek: (and Litmanen used to be)
the foreigners rule :cool:
Sjölund is on loan to DIF. :D

And doing pretty well.

On the left.
BB21_05_DIF_ELFSBORG2_73M1.jpg

ouagadougou said:
Riise, Hyypiä, Sjölund :eek: (and Litmanen used to be)
the foreigners rule :cool:
Some of them, maybe. But Houllier's bought so many crap foreigners, particularly Frenchmen who've never made it, it annoys me. :p

Teddy played for DIF?? :eek: Bugger me twice sideways, I never knew that. :p He scored our first ever goal in the Premiership, against Liverpool, when we won 1-0 in the first ever game on Sky Sports tv. :D

@ouagadougou: :) He's on a one year contract. He is often a sub.

@Rusty: Hehe, yeah. Teddy was on loan from Millwall i think. Another player was Malcolm "super-mac" Macdonald who played some games in 1979. :D

Well I play American Football, but I've played football and rugby before, and it's safe to say they're all extremely different, so don't compare you guys.

I find it ironic that my teammates and I play football in our spare time, and some of the footballers play american football in their spare time. Oh well, all three sports are fun.

Thanatos said:

OK, that was more disturbing than the first pic. :erk:

Rusty said:
No, rugby is a man's game. American football is rugby for nesh pansies.

Yup! :D

ante said:
:lol: no aussie rules :p

Go Adelaide :yell:

Who have you been talking to!!? :eek:

And I think you meant: "GOOOOO THE CROWS!!!!" :yell:

ouagadougou said:
everyone who like Liverpool raise your hand!

*raises*

hockey > football, though

*Half raises hand*

*Realises he looks kinda silly* :oops:

*Lowers hand* :(

just remember folks that football is the only game where using the hands is not allowed unless you are a goalkeeper. Its also the only one of ball sports that a goal means one goal not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 but 1.

just letting off my football vs oval ball annoyances.
I still like all the rest of those ball games though

wullief said:
just letting off my football vs oval ball annoyances.

:lol:

I've had those a few times. :D

So...Premier League starts tomorrow, which team do you people think will suprise in the first round?

My bet is on Wolves as they will beat Blackburn away 3-1. :D

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

:bah:

Nah, not Wolves. I think Portsmouth have got a chance against Villa, even if I think a draw is more likely. The biggest surprise of the weekend will be Forest winning 6-0 at Reading. :D

Rusty said:
Nah, not Wolves. I think Portsmouth have got a chance against Villa, even if I think a draw is more likely. The biggest surprise of the weekend will be Forest winning 6-0 at Reading. :D
Well, you were 2 for 3. :p

Hehe, could i have been more wrong in my prediction??

Wolves really had it with a 5-1 loss. :D Lucky me i didn't bet any money.

And Sunderland lost against Millwall @ home. :err: Good start for them.

ps.

3-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0..... :p

;)