Official Football Thread

No. I will hurt you.

Forest just need another couple of players. Having no money and a wage-cap of "only" £4000 per week makes it tricky, but we need another decent forward.

Sorry 'bout that, it was just laying infront of me. :D

Yeah i agree, but, IMO forest have pretty good forwards. I think they would do good to loan/buy someone from Holland. A typical Number 9 (Ajax model) that is pretty invisble during
games but give him a chance inside the penalty box and he scores.

Pretty much like Den Ouden in DIF, in his first games here (4) i havn't noticed him at all. But still he has scored 5 goals, every chance he gets he scores on. :)

We need anyone. Against Reading we had no forwards on the bench, just two midfielders, two defenders, and a keeper. If Jonno or Marlon had've got injured... well, we need backup dammit. :p

It's very good, we've already brought players through like Jenas (sold to Newcastle), Dawson, Reid, Williams, Prutton (sold to Southampton), etc. We've got a young chap called Westcarr who could come through, but he's not proven and if we want promotion we need someone we can rely on. I don't know why Westcarr wasn't on the bench today, but it just shows how small a squad we have.

When David Platt ( :mad: ) was our manager, he managed to get us heavily into debt, so that we were losing over £100,000 per week. We were very close to going out of business, we needed the money. And we still haven't recovered, hence the size of the current squad. :p

Rusty said:
When David Platt ( :mad: ) was our manager:p

Yarr,i remember that. :(

Honestly i think that English clubs should look more into Scandinavian teams.

I mean, the hottest Swedish prospect since Zlatan (Ajax) Kim Källström is playing for DIF. Outstanding dominating Offensive/Defensive midfielder in the Swedish league.

He have been testplaying with all the top clubs in europe, in Italy, England, etc. Empoli bid 2.6 million euro for Kim, DIF rejected it.

He wants to play in England, he said so. So why not try with him? Yeah he's not a forward, but im sure he can make Forest forwards grow!

Kim

BB18-02-DIF-GIF_NPWW.jpg

Fractured said:
BTW! @Rusty: Are you sure you don't have any relatives in Sweden?

It could be you playing in Djurgården, you and Richard Spong (pic) could be brothers. :p

SPONG_RICHARD_01_AMYC.jpg

:)
:lol: Don't think so. :p I actually bought him in Championship Manager once, he's not bad. :D
Empoli bid 2.6 million euro for Kim, DIF rejected it.
Well, therein lies the problem. Forest don't have €2.6m to spend on anything.

Abramovich's Chelsea is off to a nice start. They have like five players per fucking position, it seems :). Signed Smertin and Mutu over the past few days.

Man Utd. is impressive. Ronaldo? Interesting, Portuguese soccer delivers again with Postiga (20-year old from Tottenham) and, apparently, this new-found Ronaldo kid..

And Freddy Adu.. I don't believe this kid's still 14 - and if he is, then Americans finally found a soccer star to pray on :). He's gonna be something special, I heard Man Utd. want to secure him this early..

:lol: I didn't know, really. :p

Yeah, but we defended so badly, it's worrying. Cole is crap at the back, but then Bridge isn't much better... we need to learn how to stop people crossing the damn ball.

Rusty said:
:lol: I didn't know, really. :p

Right.... :D

Yeah Englands defense didn't look to good, not on the left flank anyway. But you have so many good defenders so that shouldn't be a prob in the future. And it was John Terry's first International game wasn't it?