Official Hockey Thread

Conspicuously Absent

Linguistically Confused
Mar 27, 2005
Berlin
We need a thread specifically for hockey.

Ranting about plays, hits, goals, games or hockey you've played yourself. I know at the very least tully likes his hockey.

Today me and my cousins played some street rollerhockey for 4 hours. It's about 2 degrees celsius (just above freezing) and was drizzling off and on. So it was borderline masochistic to play.
Sadly, since there are 3 of us, it's always 2 v 1. And we rotate through, to keep it fair, and the person who is alone basically has to work a whole ton harder than the other 2 just to try and keep the game close. It's a great way to practice skills though.

best thread EVAR. played inline hockey all through high school and college. during a search last night for some local leagues, i discovered there isnt SHIT for anyone over 18 apparently. so, ill probably never play again unless it's on ice.

as for the NHL: ive already been to four predators games this year but theyve lost 5 straight after winning their first 8 (when they were the last undefeated team in the entire league). :(
dont have many thoughts right now save for the canucks are doing pretty good but bertuzzi should never been allowed back in the league. what a fucking dunce. good. but dumb.
me thinks this thread will just be the two of us, iconoclastic. and maybe cthulu. who's a sharks fan. bwahahahahaha

haha, hey, iconoclastic, i just saw a tv ad for an upcoming newshow re: the mountain bike park i used to frequent is now frequented by fags. actually, they were there when i used to ride and were incredibly annoying, distracting, threatening, etc. but i guess now, it's even worse.
anyway, i thought youd appreciate that. hope your parks are freak-free.

Used to play tons of pick up games and in an organized foot hockey league. Best fun and exercise I ever had playing sports. It's definitely my favorite sport and I'm a huge Philadelphia Flyers fan - almost every single game is so damn exciting. I love the new rule changes as well.

The hockey I grew up with and know and love is back. Agreed with dorian gray though, it sucks that there are barely any local leagues for adults.

I played hockey when I was younger, now I only watch it on TV :D. It's cool cause our team ( Montreal's Canadians :p) is winning almost all of its matches.

<-- Canucks fan.

few points:
- Never played in any leagues, only pickup games with my friends. half of whom have played in ice/roller (both) leagues.
- My mountain bike area became overrun with fags about 3-4 years ago. When i first started, it was an underground sport and there were like 18 of us. Now I can't take a shit without hitting a bazillion of these little 14 year olds.
- Re: Bertuzzi, see my next post, it'll be a doozie. (har, rhyme masta IT in da Ghandi Unit Howz)
- My cousin learned one lesson today: when a 190lb guy is steaming towards you at full speed, get the fuck out of the way. I layed him flat cause he didn't get out of my way and it was raining so the road was too slippery to go evasive. Knocked the wind out of him for like 15 mins. I felt bad, but also kinda good :p

ok, on bertuzzi.

Yeah, what he did was bad and shit but was blown WAY THE FUCK OUT OF PROPORTION. There have been numerous other cheap shots that have happened of a similar nature, and all that resulted was a suspension.

Sure, the fucker got hurt. I bet having 95% of his team leap on top of him didn't help any. And besides, shit happens and things can escalate further than any side wanted in it without any of their input.

edit: yeah, i toned this down, my first post probably would have gotten me like... exiled or some shitz.

This thread needs this:

Shiny ice intensive eyes it's play-off time again
Chew that gum and clutch that stick it's done to one last game
Three times twenty minutes full of blood and sweat and pain
Two teams left to battle and only one cup to claim

Wrestling in the crease score denied the period is coming to an end
Touch our goalie one more time and I swear you'll never rise again

Highstick you right between the eyes you yank me in the face
It's kill or be killed them or us keep up the pace
Your legs all numb you gasp for air and still the game is tied
Get those laced up stinkfeet movin'you're sure you're gonna die

If so far you think this was as close you've been to hell
I suggest you better wait 'til the third period to tell

Pass you 'long the boards 667 on my back
Better close those pads or I wil lrearrange your crack
Loose puck in the mid zone and I'm crossing the red line
Shot deflected and it looks like overtime

I'll mish you 'gainst the plexi the end zone will be your grave
Try now to rise you bastard your blood warm on my blades

Hammered to the ice
Defeat is in your eyes
Out of blood and no more breath
This is sudden death

Hockey%20Metal%20Anthems%202_front.jpg

This is kind of funny, I was just wondering if anyone here watched/loved hockey (besides Jason, since I already knew he did), what with all the Canucks & Euros. :cool:

My NY Rangers are fucking ruling it. And yes, 15 games into the season now, it's safe to say they're pretty good (which means, better than ANYONE expected). I'd like to personally send a thank-you note to the nation of Czech Republic, since they provided about half our roster. :wave:

markgugs said:
My NY Rangers are fucking ruling it. And yes, 15 games into the season now, it's safe to say they're pretty good (which means, better than ANYONE expected). I'd like to personally send a thank-you note to the nation of Czech Republic, since they provided about half our roster. :wave:

And they're leading the Atlantic Division so far.... BUT the Flyers are only 2 points back and have played only 12 games. Look out Rangers. :devil: