Official Hockey Thread

i wish hockey was shown on network tv so i could actually become a fan again.

but my hardline stance of refusing to pay for cable disallows such ventures at this current juncture. wouldn't be prudent.

Dark One said:
Wrong - the Gayngers have 19 points through 15 games and the Flyers have 17 points through 12 games.

Same here, revenge is a dish best served...... well..... cold.:D

LOL, ooops, I was looking in Sunday's sports section. Stupid newspapers. That'll teach me to not use the internet for all information. I did know the Flyers had made more use of their potential points...

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
but was blown WAY THE FUCK OUT OF PROPORTION.
hahaha! apparently you missed the part where he punched a guy - from behind - broke his neck, then jumped on him. hardly blown out of proportion. for some reasoning i cant understand, bertuzzi, like mcsorley before him, isnt sitting in a jail cell - which is where you or me would be if we did the same thing on a public street.
bertuzzi is good but he's a fucking goon. now, he's been rendered nearly useless by his fear of retaliation. he's a mere shadow of his former self. he should never have come back.

markgugs said:
They're a damned good team (hell, they're responsible for 2 of the Rangers losses), but unfortunately for you, Ottawa is in the same division.
yeah :erk: , I won't be surprised if ottawa get back their 1st position soon. They beat Montreal everytime they play against them.

montreal is good this year. definite cup contender.
right now, im going with philadelphia vs nashville in the finals.

dorian gray said:
montreal is good this year. definite cup contender.
right now, im going with philadelphia vs nashville in the finals.

Nashville?! They've made the playoffs once in their history, let's not get crazy because they won their first 8 games of the season (and promptly have now lost their last 5).

i'm going to a ducks game this weekend, for work. this is the email i received from a friend:

Going to a Mighty Sux game Haiku

Fat white guys crying
Beat wives reaching for ice packs
stupid children screaming

haha

markgugs said:
Nashville?! They've made the playoffs once in their history, let's not get crazy because they won their first 8 games of the season (and promptly have now lost their last 5).
haha, listen here rangers fan: nashville are second in the western conference ONLY to detroit, who are apparently blessed by hockey gods and cant be beaten. also, keep in mind, 3 of those 5 loses came in overtime. so, theyve only lost 2 of their 14 games straight-up. thats pretty good.

the surprise team of the year so far is carolina.

dorian gray said:
haha, listen here rangers fan: nashville are second in the western conference ONLY to detroit, who are apparently blessed by hockey gods and cant be beaten. also, keep in mind, 3 of those 5 loses came in overtime. so, theyve only lost 2 of their 14 games straight-up. thats pretty good.

the surprise team of the year so far is carolina.

I would hope that Nashville would be at LEAST OK, considering that is by far the worst division in hockey. St. Louis? Chicago? Columbus? Jesus christ, it's the dregs of pro hockey.

While I would agree with you that Carolina's start has been surprising, they were at least picked to compete this year. The Rangers, on the other hand, were the UNANIMOUS 31st ranked team pre-season. Now they're 9-5-3 (21 pts) and leading their division. THEY are the most surprising team thus far.

haha, it's only a matter of time before the rangers implode, which theyve done every year since 1994.
i'll agree though, they were supposed to suck.