Official Hockey Thread

blues rule. im going to see them play the preds on saturday. i want to root for them to lose, not just so the preds can get more points, but so the blues can keep the streak alive. how sweet would it be if they lost every single game from here on out? thatd be metal.

mike grier
jean luc grand pierre
georges laraque
and theres some debate about: jarome iginla

Krigloch the Furious said:
not make it to the playoffs
shouldnt be a problem. ;)
ive always had a fondness for the shittiest teams. remember how bad the bucs and patriots used to be? ive been a bengals fan since 1989. worst team in professional sports EVAR.
hockey: i thought it was fun to follow the senators back in their expansion days. i had a t-shirt and shit. they were like 2 and 80 or something.

fred brathwaite. used to play keeper for the jackets. in the minors now i think.
best blackie ever: grant fuhr.

dorian gray said:
haha, it's only a matter of time before the rangers implode, which theyve done every year since 1994.
i'll agree though, they were supposed to suck.

You'll have to put off the death march for at least one more day.

A DOMINATING crushing of the "defending Stanley Cup Champion" Lightning last night, 5-2. Now 10-5-3 (25 pts). Getting great goaltending, gritty play, stout penalty-killing, and scoring from all 4 lines. Eastern conference, look out. You've been warned. :headbang:

wait. who is playing goalie for them? im too lazy to look it up. on NHL '06, the 'puter always uses dan blackburn, which is a glaring error. is he their starter for real?

grant fuhr did indeed play for the blues and he was fucken awesome. so did my all-time favorite player, pierre turgeon.

dorian gray said:
wait. who is playing goalie for them? im too lazy to look it up. on NHL '06, the 'puter always uses dan blackburn, which is a glaring error. is he their starter for real?

grant fuhr did indeed play for the blues and he was fucken awesome. so did my all-time favorite player, pierre turgeon.

My NHL '06 always uses Weekes, but then again, I play as the Rangers. Anyway, they have 2 goalies, Kevin Weekes (who began as their #1) and the Swedish rookie, Henrik Lundqvist, who at 7-2-2 w/ a 1.88 GAA and .950+ save %, is clearly their new #1. He fucking OWNS.

Blackburn will probably never play hockey again; concussions.

ahh, i thought i saw kevin weekes playing earlier in the year. i dunno why NHL 06 insists on playing balckburn. ive heard of lunqvist. i believe he played for sweden in the last world championships.......which the preds' tomas vokoun won single-handedly. heheheh

dorian gray said:
ahh, i thought i saw kevin weekes playing earlier in the year. i dunno why NHL 06 insists on playing balckburn. ive heard of lunqvist. i believe he played for sweden in the last world championships.......which the preds' tomas vokoun won single-handedly. heheheh

Yep, that's exactly where you would have seen Lundqvist. He'll be the Olympic goalie for the Swedish Nat'l Team in 2006 as well. If you ever get a chance, try to catch a Rangers game, if it's on OLN or something. He's superb.

markgugs said:
Yep, that's exactly where you would have seen Lundqvist. He'll be the Olympic goalie for the Swedish Nat'l Team in 2006 as well. If you ever get a chance, try to catch a Rangers game, if it's on OLN or something. He's superb.

The Flyers' backup to start the season (Antero Nittymaki from Finland) I believe also has a chance to be something really special. I think Robert Esche is a solid goaltender, but Nittymaki has the makings of being a gamebreaker, one of those goalies that can steal a few games for you. He was incredible against the Islanders the other night in a big comeback win - I hope he gets a full-on chance to be the starter soon.