Official Hockey Thread

i don't really care how the Canuck's do, I just enjoy watching the hockey games. It's also cool cause back home, my parents are billeting one of the D-men on the local Junior A team... So that means we get free tickets. Get to watch some really good hockey there too.

lizard said:
just saw that.

I've continued my sterling reputation for sucking in sports prognostication by saying the Bluejackets would make the playoffs. I know they've had injuries, but 5-13....
haha, i tried to tell you. ive been a jackets fan since their inception. i should know. but seriously, the season is young. if they get nash back, if he starts scoring, and if the blues and hawks continue to suck, the jackets could end up third in the division - which may MAY put them in a playoff spot. doubtful though.

JEEAAYYSSUSS!
the jackets just got shutout by..............the blues! goddam! and they even have sergei federov now. ive never been more embarrassed.

meanwhile, my lowly predators are only a win or two from being the NUMBER ONE team in the entire league. say what you want about their division competition but detroit plays the same shitty teams and everyone thinks detroit are gods. their fuckin days are numbered.

you know you did a jig when you heard they won. broke the longest losing streak OF ALLLLLL TIIIIME..............................................for the blues anyway.
what is the longest ever btw? i would say the 75 capitals. id have to look it up though.

ha! yeah, me too. like i mentioned ealier. i was hoping for like the longest streak ever. like the rest of the season or something amazing. goddam jackets and their trickery.

Anyone watch last night's Flyers/Penguins game? It was excellent. Darien Hatcher (that fucking prick) kept taking cheap shots at Crosby, only the kid wouldn't back down. And he answered the best way possible, with 2 goals (including the GW) and an assist. Ha! Fuck you Philly! :lol:

markgugs said:
Anyone watch last night's Flyers/Penguins game? It was excellent. Darien Hatcher (that fucking prick) kept taking cheap shots at Crosby, only the kid wouldn't back down. And he answered the best way possible, with 2 goals (including the GW) and an assist. Ha! Fuck you Philly! :lol:

It turned out to be an outstanding game. Can't win 'em all. At least the Flyers came back to tie the game and get a point out of it.

the flyers are *still* my pick for the eastern rep in the finals. but crosby rules. looking forward to watching him for the next 20 years.

@doug mclean: i should hope so. completely embarrasing performance. someones head has to roll. its usually the coach. same thing here with the titans. jeff fisher is just like, "well, its only a matter of time." fuck the titans though. cant STAND them.

dorian gray said:
the flyers are *still* my pick for the eastern rep in the finals. but crosby rules. looking forward to watching him for the next 20 years.

@doug mclean: i should hope so. completely embarrasing performance. someones head has to roll. its usually the coach. same thing here with the titans. jeff fisher is just like, "well, its only a matter of time." fuck the titans though. cant STAND them.

Picking the Flyers isn't exactly going out on a limb, now is it? :loco:

Once they're completely healthy (Primeau, Kapanen), they'll be a force for sure. But Ottawa isn't going away, they're lethal!

dorian gray said:
it'd be fun to wake up dead i think
I sneak in my own house
It's four in the morning
I had too much to drink
Said I was out buying toys
I creep past the bedroom
I check the bed,
I know if I wake the kid,
The wife'll have my head

[/dorian in a month]