Official Hockey Thread

Forsberg meanwhile :ill:

Yeah, it's ironic - the Flyers missed out on Forsberg and so much else years ago by trading a ton of players to get the rights to Lindros, then years later they end up getting back Forsberg and trading him for a ton of players. Strange circle.

Bad karma in Nashville that's for sure - it was more or less a "win now or bust" situation last year.

haha yeah. Good times. I kinda knew it was coming when Forsberg went like 5 games without registering a single goddam point and THEN GOT INJURED AGAIN.

Jesus fucking christ... triple overtime tonights game is entering. Feel sorry for east coast hockey fans, hahah.

I honestly wonder if the NHL's policy on "play till it ends" lasts until sunrise... because the way these goalies are looking, it may fucking make it that far.

Haha, the Flyers forced a 5 OT game back in 2000 that didn't get done till after 2:30 am. They keep playing until there's a winner, I guess they figure by the 5th overtime, the players are asleep on their skates and someone will score!

I'm pretty sure Nashville lost every single pre-season game.
At least my other team, Columbus, looks like a contender this year.
Too bad they're in the same division :erk:

It's going to be quite the battle to see who can stay in the basement of the division

I'm expecting this at the end of the season:

Detroit
Columbus
Chicago
St. Louis
Nashville

Although I'd like to see a rash of season-ending injuries to the majority of Detroit, the odds aren't good

Montreal got a pretty good team this year. If Kovy can keep the same pace from last year, we'll be a good contender for the cup.

http://www.nhl.com/
Frank, if you get the Preds v Blues banner when you click on it, you'll get a chuckle.
"Central Division Showdown"
more like "Battle for the Western Conference Basement" amirite?