Official "Sports" thread

hell yeah, If they keep the same rhythm it will end in 7 x 1 :lol: just kidding, Im not a football fan, I even dont know why Im seeing the games :lol: but I think brasil will be screwed with Germany

Does superman have a cape? of course we won! ;) :) sad about the penalty for Slowakia in the 93th minute :s

Yeah, the penalty probably wasn't even deserved, IMO. But, whatever, you won. Quit whining. :lol:

Still, let me say this: Oranje has yet to impress me. If they don't tighten up that back 4 they're not going any further than Brazil.

I was rootin' for Chile, Allfader. No such luck, apparently. :( I was hoping Chile would go further. You've got a really exciting young team.

Eh. Sad about Chile loss, but happy about Netherlands win. Couldn't watch any of the games today, but I now have a World Cup app for my Android phone, so I've been following it that way on my commute.

I, uh, also painted my fingernails orange, completely forgetting that that was the Netherlands color. (I just really like orange). I guess I have to root for them from now on!

Tomorrow's matches!

1. Paraguay vs. Japan - 29 Jun
2. Spain vs. Portugal - 29 Jun

Yea! I agree with you that they still have to impress but they played a really good match yesterday. I have faith we will make it to the final! :devil:

Aiaiai, my head.....:guh: ;)

I'd like to see that. But the team definitely looked better with Robben on the field. I mean, you guys have some really amazing players out there. But so does England, and we see how that works out for them. :lol:

Have fun with the hangover. :lol:

Well now - wasn't that exciting! Sad I missed the shootout, but c'est la vie.

Here's the upcoming schedule - the players and fans have a breather for a couple of days:

Netherlands vs. Brazil - 2 Jul 10:00am (ET) on ESPN
Uruguay vs. Ghana - 2 Jul 2:30pm (ET) on ESPN
Argentina vs. Germany - 3 Jul 10:00am (ET) on ABC
Paraguay vs. Spain - 3 Jul 2:30pm (ET) on ABC

Well now - wasn't that exciting! Sad I missed the shootout, but c'est la vie.

Here's the upcoming schedule - the players and fans have a breather for a couple of days:

Netherlands vs. Brazil - 2 Jul 10:00am (ET) on ESPN
Uruguay vs. Ghana - 2 Jul 2:30pm (ET) on ESPN
Argentina vs. Germany - 3 Jul 10:00am (ET) on ABC
Paraguay vs. Spain - 3 Jul 2:30pm (ET) on ABC

I'm hoping Ghana will win! They should be able to beat Uruguay, it'd be interesting to see them play against The Orange Team.

Ohhhh a Deutschland vs España game should be very interesting too! :dopey:

I'm hoping Ghana will win! They should be able to beat Uruguay, it'd be interesting to see them play against The Orange Team.

Ohhhh a Deutschland vs España game should be very interesting too! :dopey:

I hope Uruguay wins. One thing I don't like about the final teams is that with the exception of Uruguay, they're all epic, unabashed divers. That red card that went against Portugal... I mean, I hope the referee never refs again. It's kinda stupid that it's such an integral part of soccer. It's one reason the sport isn't popular here. The only sport where there's even some flopping is in basketball, and it's harder to pull off because the court is not very big. You should see the reaction of crowds here when people dive, no matter the team. Collective groans.

Yeah, the fucking diving is insane. It's hard for me to say who I'll cheer for the in the Uruguay v Ghana game. I'm still bitter that the US lost to Ghana, but at the same time now that things have settled down, Ghana are an African team and I'd like to see an African team go further. Plus, in a sense if they knock out Uruguay then it just means that the US lost to a much better team rather than on a fluke.

Uruguay are horrible fucking divers. Last night I was cheering for that meteor to land and kill the Spanish and Portuguese teams, but no such luck. Spain won, they played better for sure. But the diving, all the fucking diving. Augh.