Opeth, Lamb Of God, Gwar, Strapping Young Lad, Chimaira, Clutch+more-New 18 Band Tour

You people astound me... I have just read through the entire thread and I wish I hadn't.

The number of posts I have read through in my time here that are along the lines of "come to... (this part of America)", only to be followed by pages of "No, come to my part of America"... I actually expected you to be keen to go and see Opeth perform live. It looks like they maybe coming, so go.

Festivals are fucking fantastic places (apart from in England when they just suck, plainly and simply). If you get the opportunity to see Opeth play live and you want to, go and see them. Simple really.

As for people complaining about funding other bands... am I missing the point?! The thread mentions $20-25. HOW FUCKING CHEAP?!!! If this was to happen in the UK it would cost 8-10 times that much.

Seriously, though... if you don't like all the bands on the lineup, that is a good thing. When I went to Dynamo festival in 1997, I had to work out which band I could bare missing so that I could go for a shit and in the end it had to be Entombed. Too many good bands is bad for you.

Just be grateful for what you have.

The Great LAF said:
Looks like we now know how the new album will sound like.

RIP Good Opeth

I seriously hope you're joking... It's a good thing those other kids responded to you first because I don't even know how to respond to such an ignorant and retarded comment. They pretty much hit the nail on the head with how dumb your statement is, but my God how can you live with yourself?

So live and let live.

If you like a band, go see them.

If not, or you are too elitist, don't.

Everyone gets into a band at somepoint. Most of you lot have only discovered them over the last few years from reading the my first time thread. That would account for the attitude most of the time.

If you cannot tolerate people (that you do not consider worthy) enjoying the music that you like, don't go.

AlexGuinness said:
The number of posts I have read through in my time here that are along the lines of "come to... (this part of America)", only to be followed by pages of "No, come to my part of America"...
bwaahahaha!

Seriously guys, people are justifiably irritated that Opeth are playing in a festival with many a subpar band. Most of them arent even in the same vein of metal as Opeth. So fans arent supposed to be irritated by that? I am. I think it is sad that Akerfeldt will go on record saying, "if they dont like our music, fuck em" and then join the ranks of a money-making expedition. That is bullshit. You guys who are saying, "get over it" obviously arent paying attention to anything. You're the same people who are saying this festival is just for Opeth to make more money and gain a larger fanbase. Yet, you're also the same group who says Mike is all about the music. Well, which is it?
And please stop telling me to "get over it". If you've got an argument, present it.

dorian gray said:
bwaahahaha!

Seriously guys, people are justifiably irritated that Opeth are playing in a festival with many a subpar band. Most of them arent even in the same vein of metal as Opeth. So fans arent supposed to be irritated by that? I am. I think it is sad that Akerfeldt will go on record saying, "if they dont like our music, fuck em" and then join the ranks of a money-making expedition. That is bullshit. You guys who are saying, "get over it" obviously arent paying attention to anything. You're the same people who are saying this festival is just for Opeth to make more money and gain a larger fanbase. Yet, you're also the same group who says Mike is all about the music. Well, which is it?
And please stop telling me to "get over it". If you've got an argument, present it.

I already presented my argument, scroll a couple posts up on this page. It IS about the music, AND to gain a larger fanbase. You cannot discredit a band with who they tour with, 99% of the time they do not have control of this aspect. It is booking agents, labels, promoters, and everyone else who does that.

one other point that people are just ignoring: why would someone want to pay $x to hear a shitload of bands that they dont want to hear? it doesnt matter if it *is* $25, that's still money you could be giving away to some charity instead of wasting on a band you don't want to hear. The point here, is that Opeth are playing with a bunch of bands none of us want to hear. Like I said, were any of these bands in the "who do you want opeth to tour with thread?" No.

ps: how many times i can i use the phrase "dont want to hear"? ;)

Jaded said:
99% of the time they do not have control of this aspect. It is booking agents, labels, promoters, and everyone else who does that.
i dont know about you dude, but to me this does not translate into "it's all about the music". that, to me, would be saying, "fuck you" to the labels, promoters, etc. and playing music wherever and whenever i felt like. this idea that opeth (and every other band) is "all about the music" is naive.

Oh man. This tour is put together by "Independent label powerhouses Ferret Music, Prosthetic Records, Trustkill Records and Metal Blade Records, along with sponsors Music Choice, Revolver, Pure Volume.com and Hot Topic."

That sucks! The crowd is going to blow shit. :( That said, if this is the only way I get to see Opeth, I'll go. Hell, tickets are only $20-25 - not expensive. Plus, I'm still hoping that maybe they'll do a separate tour apart from this package one? Maybe a Fall headlining tour? Meh, I don't know. I'd much rather see Opeth headline and play for 2 hours than play for 45 minutes and give my money to corporations like Hot Topic. :(

When I first saw what labels put together this tour, I thought, "Maybe Opeth signed to one of them...?" But then I realized how small those labels are, so almost definitely not (except for MAYBE metal blade...but that is a big maybe!). It's probably gonna be Century media.

haggard said:
Plus, I'm still hoping that maybe they'll do a separate tour apart from this package one? Maybe a Fall headlining tour?
maybe. i wouldnt be surprised.

The Great LAF said:
Looks like we now know how the new album will sound like.

RIP Good Opeth

best post EVER.

I've seen a handful of the bands on this list, but it's really shocking to see Opeth on this tour. I know, I know, how are they gonna get people to hear them then, otherwise?..but at first glance, most of the bands on that list performing with opeth just looks pretty weird to me. I for one am not going, because all the bands that I like on that list, I've seen. And as I've said numerous times, I hate shows with 5+ bands, so 20 bands= shoot me.
I wonder if this was the summer tour they mentioned, or if they'll do a short run in the states after this odd festival.

HA, i saw the Red Chord less then a week ago, in some little tiny fuckin venue by my college, they were pretty fuckin crazy and pretty fuckin good live, anyway, fuck guys, its 20 fuckin bucks, go see opeth u fuckin turds. Stop whining like your going to the fuckin dmv its a fuckin festival, you can have a good time whether you like the particular band that playing or not. jesus....have a few beers hang out with ure friends and if worse comes to worse make fun of the fuckin kids and the bands, who gives a shit. Stop acting like its a fuckin trip the dentist. Bunch of fucking pussies you all are.

pussy wussy shmoosy.

i was going to see red chord, but they fuckin cancelled, same show that i was late for A life once lost.

and i still can't believe i fuckin missed btbam because my friend ensured me we'd have enough time to eat at this fuckin restaurant, and be there before they started. well...we missed them.

oh yeah, haha i don't think i ever said it on here, but i was going to see megadeth a few months ago, since it's prob their last outing. anyway, it was raining on the way there, and my friend's windshield motherfuckin wipers stopped fucking working. we had to get towed back to his house, cause it was fuckin pouring, and we couldn't see.

ridiculous? i think so.

deliverance said:
pussy wussy shmoosy.

i was going to see red chord, but they fuckin cancelled, same show that i was late for A life once lost.

and i still can't believe i fuckin missed btbam because my friend ensured me we'd have enough time to eat at this fuckin restaurant, and be there before they started. well...we missed them.

Ha. I know some of the dudes from BTBAM / Glass Casket. Nice guys, but I'm not a big fan of their music. :(

im going just to hear devildriver. i couldnt care less about the other bands.

Minion520 said:
HA, i saw the Red Chord less then a week ago, in some little tiny fuckin venue by my college, they were pretty fuckin crazy and pretty fuckin good live, anyway, fuck guys, its 20 fuckin bucks, go see opeth u fuckin turds. Stop whining like your going to the fuckin dmv its a fuckin festival, you can have a good time whether you like the particular band that playing or not. jesus....have a few beers hang out with ure friends and if worse comes to worse make fun of the fuckin kids and the bands, who gives a shit. Stop acting like its a fuckin trip the dentist. Bunch of fucking pussies you all are.

You're a bright one. :Spin: