Opeth = Mainstream, get use to it !

Detric

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Stralia`!
Yep thats right. Everybody at my school talks about Opeth now. Why did they even had to release that stupid Damnation? They are not a special band anymore...Like they used to be.... To be ohnest I think they kinda sold out. In Flames did it with Reroute To Remain and Soundtrack To Your Escape. I know alot of people hate me now, but this is just my opinion. Take care :loco:

I don't really know what school you're going to, but in my school I think the only people who know of Opeth are me and some of my friends who like them. Thats 5 people out of maybe a thousand.

Your right Deadlift, but Ive been a Opeth fan for some time now....And in the start I just had this special feeling when I was listening to Opeth. Cause not many people knew them, but now everybody talks about them...Where I live...And I just lost that feeling. I know that you guys dont care, but this is very hard for me :yell:

Well, I used to be the only Opeth listener for miles, but now there's a big handful. The only problem is that now they think they're all special and shit. I don't have a problem with a lot of people listening to a band, but when the n00bs try to be all elitist about it, well...:puke:

Well....Mikael said they released Damnation because they have allways wanted to make a very mellow album, and thats okay, but he also said that they wanted to get more fans....And they shure did!

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Who cares if they have more fans? Good for them. It's not like they sold out to get to that point, like you think they did! And I don't know what school you're going to, but if I was still in school I doubt people would be listening to Damnation. They would rather listen to some shit like Taking Back Sunday or Thursday.

take into consideration you go to school in scandinavia... so obviosuely they shuold be more famililar with the scandinavian music scene. However this does not reflect the rest of the world... i Still have trouble finding people who are into opeth.. :(

Hate Me Now!! Rrrrgghh! Opeth Will 4ever Be In The Underground. Oh Yess!!! Opeth Iz Zooo Coool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back when i was in high school....2 kids including myself, out of 3200 kids knew who opeth were. i think that somewhat dillutes your theory doesnt it?

as for you not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling inside over Opeth anymore...thats your problem, a lot of people still get that, regardless how many fans Opeth has.

What you have tapped into is probably the ultimate fanboy idiom...and thats wanting to feel special and have Opeth hold your hand while you pretend youre the only retard whos ever heard of them. Many of us here were into Opeth long before you were...so you can imagine what this retarded post of YOURS has made us veteran fans feel ourselves right?

drink some bleach, plz, kthx.